• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in your Collection - Moderns ONLY
20 20

1,967 posts in this topic

X-O Manowar: Unconquered #1 (1/250) Leather Variant. Finally tracked one down and it arrived today. The book looks flawless in person...just perfect. The scan for some reason picks up markings you can't see with you eye I'm assuming the leather texture causes this in the light.  NFS

xo1.jpg

xo2.jpg

On 11/18/2023 at 4:37 PM, EMazman said:

X-O Manowar: Unconquered #1 (1/250) Leather Variant. Finally tracked one down and it arrived today. The book looks flawless in person...just perfect. The scan for some reason picks up markings you can't see with you eye I'm assuming the leather texture causes this in the light.  NFS

xo1.jpg

xo2.jpg

lol the NFS part made me laugh out loud. The fact that you finally tracked one down, I’d be surprised if you’d put it up. 
Looks great though. Is the leather real or just printed?

On 11/18/2023 at 5:35 PM, D2 said:

lol the NFS part made me laugh out loud. The fact that you finally tracked one down, I’d be surprised if you’d put it up. 
Looks great though. Is the leather real or just printed?

Its not printed.  Not 100% sure if its real leather or pleather.  Ive held one that was not slabbed and it feels real.  Theres only 6 9.8s and i doubt there will be even a few more if any.  The books were easily damaged in manufacturing.  

Also picked up a few variants.  

s-l1600.jpg

I really like this one:

s-l1600.jpg

I'd been wanting this one for a bit:

s-l1600.jpg

LOVE this one:

s-l1600.jpg

And finally this was the one I REALLY wanted.  I was hoping for a 9.8 candidate, but I don't think I got one.  I may scan it and post in the "please grade" section to see what the masses think.  This was the stock image (they all are) , as I don't have time to set the scanner up now. 

s-l1600.jpg

On 12/1/2023 at 11:02 PM, pmpknface said:

Here's another modern variant that's a copper image...

5776878_Full_Obv.jpg?t=MTEvMjgvMjAyMyA5O

My favorite local vintage shop just did a Hobgoblin shirt as part of their last clothing drop ... HTF good Hobgoblin gear! Keep up the great focus 

20231202_075327.thumb.jpg.c1ec80358bdc421abfa86a03c1eed5c5.jpg

On 12/2/2023 at 9:01 AM, oldmilwaukee6er said:

My favorite local vintage shop just did a Hobgoblin shirt as part of their last clothing drop ... HTF good Hobgoblin gear! Keep up the great focus 

20231202_075327.thumb.jpg.c1ec80358bdc421abfa86a03c1eed5c5.jpg

Very cool!!!  Love the ASM 261 image!  I've been posting my pickups in the Copper area too.  Here's what I have as far as graded Hobby books so far.  I still need to upload a few images, and I've got a few on the way too:

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/ComicCustomSetView.aspx?s=33793