• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GAME OF THRONES: HOUSE OF THE DRAGON series (2022)
3 3

491 posts in this topic

On 9/5/2022 at 5:00 PM, alexgross.com said:

they must be doing something right- for a show whose plot is this predictable and trite, i am still finding it very enjoyable. hoping the story lines get a little more interesting, like the original books and show were. but i'm in for now. 

Same thoughts here. Enjoying it more than I thought I would! 

On 9/5/2022 at 1:47 PM, bentbryan said:
On 9/5/2022 at 1:18 PM, Bosco685 said:

But since he had greyscale, doesn't that mean Prince Daemon Targaryen may have contracted it now since he touched him directly?

Wondering the same. I have to rewatch the episode and take a closer look to see if Daemon is wearing gauntlets/ gloves. 

It's probably an old bout with greyscale that he survived.  In Game of Thrones that little girl who was a princess had greyscale but she survived it.  The damage to her skin remained but she wasn't contagious anymore.

On 9/6/2022 at 11:04 AM, fantastic_four said:

It's probably an old bout with greyscale that he survived.  In Game of Thrones that little girl who was a princess had greyscale but she survived it.  The damage to her skin remained but she wasn't contagious anymore.

Reasonable explanation. Just watched again and neither Daemon or Crabfeeder had gloves. 

On 9/6/2022 at 11:34 AM, fantastic_four said:

Weird for them to put so much design into Crabfeeder but then he dies off-camera without us finding out much about him.

Very valid point. As it seemed like they developed one of the many characters they could have played against throughout the season.

An article came out the other day on why they killed him off so quickly.

Why House Of The Dragon Killed Off THAT Character So Quickly

While the Crabfeeder had been set up as House of the Dragon’s first big villain, he was killed by Daemon Targaryen within the same episode that the war was first shown. After receiving a letter from Viserys, Daemon marched into the Crabfeeder’s territory with an entire army attacking him and killed the Crabfeeder in one-on-one combat. Daemon exits the cave with the Crabfeeder’s head, chest, and one arm dragging behind him to prove his victory, implying he used Dark Sister to finish the war. The sequence of events felt oddly fast for Game of Thrones, but in reality, the War for the Stepstones had already been fought for three years. The time jump skipped over the growing rivalry between Daemon and the Crabfeeder and Daemon and Corlys’ many losses, leaving only the development needed for Daemon to finally win the war. The Crabfeeder’s importance in House of the Dragon’s story was also only as a vehicle for Daemon’s character development. Daemon needed a villain worse than himself who he could triumphantly kill to prove his worth to his brother and the realm – the Crabfeeder himself was largely irrelevant. Since House of the Dragon season 1 has a lot of ground to cover in only a few episodes, the Crabfeeder’s death needed to come sooner than later.

I guess that time jump ate up engagements that could have been accounted for. But it detracted from what could have been a cool reveal on his backstory and influences.

Yeah, they are advancing the stories quickly. They could have stretched this out for at least 5 seasons if they had paced it a bit slower, but it looks like they are heading for just 3 seasons max at this rate.

On 9/6/2022 at 11:04 AM, fantastic_four said:

Great point!

I am enjoying the series thus far.  I didn't particularly care for the time jump, but I guess nothing of major importance happened (other then the king knocking up the queen twice).

One main difference for me between the original series and this one is GoT felt like it was in real time and visceral, whereas HotD feels more like a dream.  Not sure if that is done on purpose because HotD is "past" history and they want it to be portrayed in a dream/memory like way.

On 9/6/2022 at 2:57 PM, s-man said:

I am enjoying the series thus far.  I didn't particularly care for the time jump, but I guess nothing of major importance happened (other then the king knocking up the queen twice).

One main difference for me between the original series and this one is GoT felt like it was in real time and visceral, whereas HotD feels more like a dream.  Not sure if that is done on purpose because HotD is "past" history and they want it to be portrayed in a dream/memory like way.

Interesting take on it. I agree there is a different tone. 

On 9/6/2022 at 10:02 AM, drotto said:

I have officially heard enough good things, that I am going to ignor the stain of GOT season 8 and watch this.

I really like the format so far. They aren't inundating us with countless characters - they are focusing on a few for the first few weeks and then (I assume) moving onto others. It's allowing the audience to bond with these few characters first and I really like that aspect of the show.

However, my brain is trying to reconcile that Daemon is not Barney Stinson and he is not going to suddenly hold his hand up for a high five after a battle, screaming 'LEGENDARY!'

On 5/7/2022 at 9:09 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I know some people won't agree with this...BUTT...

...they need to bring back the sex, nudity, and violence that made the earlier seasons of GoT so enjoyable (along with a great story obviously).

I think it's obvious that the showrunners have been reading my posts.  You're welcome.

***I can't wait for the full out war

On 9/9/2022 at 6:46 PM, marvelcollector said:

That's what I was thinking.

The legacy of his career is an unfinished work.

Maybe he should have gone with the same approach as Wild Cards.

More than 40 contributing authors across 30 books from 1987 to 2022 (and still going).