• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GAME OF THRONES: HOUSE OF THE DRAGON series (2022)
3 3

491 posts in this topic

What I never understood was why the Targaryens of old did not go and take over the free cities when they had 10+ full grown dragons. Daenerys did it with one rider and three dragons. Burn the cities to the ground and just pick up the melted metals of value afterwards with noone left to cause trouble. It would have been a great way to test how safe their deposits at the Iron Bank truly were.

Edited by kimik

**Episode 2 spoiler**

Spoiler

I thought the Dragonstone scene on the bridge was great.  The tension that was building up until Rhaenyra got the dragon egg back was when I realized that this has potential to be a good show.

Edited by The Commissioner

**More Episode 2 spoilers**

Spoiler

One thing I find interesting is how quickly this show is moving.  At the beginning of the episode, 6 months have already passed since the Queen died, and on the trailer for Episode 3, the King already has a son that looks to be a few months old.  That speed can be nice for advancing the plot, but I don't want the show to feel as rushed as Season 7 & 8 did for Game of Thrones.  I feel like that is what made those seasons so bad (In addition to the sloppy character arcs...) 

On 8/29/2022 at 3:34 PM, The Commissioner said:

**More Episode 2 spoilers**

Hide contents

One thing I find interesting is how quickly this show is moving.  At the beginning of the episode, 6 months have already passed since the Queen died, and on the trailer for Episode 3, the King already has a son that looks to be a few months old.  That speed can be nice for advancing the plot, but I don't want the show to feel as rushed as Season 7 & 8 did for Game of Thrones.  I feel like that is what made those seasons so bad (In addition to the sloppy character arcs...) 

The Targaryens lasted almost two centuries beyond where this show is moving so quickly.  Plenty of time with plenty of events to fill plenty more seasons if they want to.

One thing I'm not liking is we already know the fates of all of these characters.  Or will they diverge from the books?  I don't recall how often GoT diverged.  hm  Marvel movies and Walking Dead shows diverge from the source at least half of the time to keep you guessing, but GoT didn't diverge from Martin's written stuff much, did it?

On 8/29/2022 at 9:49 AM, Bosco685 said:

I'm glad we didn't get an actual look at this guy flaying someone at the end of episode 2.  The screams as he swung that axe were bad enough.  :eek:

Leatherface?

On 8/29/2022 at 2:23 PM, The Commissioner said:

**Episode 2 spoiler**

Hide contents

I thought the Dragonstone scene on the bridge was great.  The tension that was building up until Rhaenyra got the dragon egg back was when I realized that this has potential to be a good show.

Best moment of the show so far.  I suppose any scene with a dramatic dragon confrontation is automatically a candidate for that though.

Thought the 2nd episode was much better than the 1st.   For the 1st one I was thanking God for Matt Smith

Now I'm thanking God for Matt Smith & Milly Alcock.   Just a solid episode from start to finish.

Spoiler

Still- something really creepy about a near 50 year old guy talking with a 12 year old about marriage and having kids.

On 8/30/2022 at 8:19 AM, csaag said:

Thought the 2nd episode was much better than the 1st.   For the 1st one I was thanking God for Matt Smith

Now I'm thanking God for Matt Smith & Milly Alcock.   Just a solid episode from start to finish.

Hide contents

Still- something really creepy about a near 50 year old guy talking with a 12 year old about marriage and having kids.

Thats the way it was done, and really, not all that long ago either

On 8/30/2022 at 8:19 AM, csaag said:

So you wouldn't sacrifice your personal and/or moral preferences in favor of those in the realm you live in and everyone else who lives there with you?  :whatthe:

On 8/30/2022 at 10:21 AM, csaag said:
On 8/30/2022 at 10:18 AM, fantastic_four said:

So you wouldn't sacrifice your personal and/or moral preferences in favor of those in the realm you live in and everyone else who lives there with you?  :whatthe:

I'm funny that way.....

It'd be a point in your favor circa 2024, but not circa 1024.  :sorry:

On 8/29/2022 at 7:23 PM, The Commissioner said:

**Episode 2 spoiler**

Hide contents

Rhys Ifans defining moment. He was fantastic in that scene.