• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,015 posts in this topic

On 12/15/2021 at 12:04 PM, fastballspecial said:

That helps answer a question for me too. I have passed on many a nice copy because of that unless its Spawn
which is in demand for those. Now that I know that I wont pass on them anymore. That 9.8 is really nice black
cover and all.

You have to be careful though, I know some newsstand copies have been green labeled because the store put the sticker on (or at least cgc thinks they did). I think it boils down to whether cgc thinks the store put the sticker on or if it was distributed that way. If I remember right there are some DC comics where this is a contentious issue.

On 12/15/2021 at 11:44 AM, bshowell said:

You have to be careful though, I know some newsstand copies have been green labeled because the store put the sticker on (or at least cgc thinks they did). I think it boils down to whether cgc thinks the store put the sticker on or if it was distributed that way. If I remember right there are some DC comics where this is a contentious issue.

+1

I have several that are "stickered " newsstand and they always love hitting me with the green label.  Just sold my Killing Joke that was hit with a green and have several other books that CGC decided to do the same with them. :facepalm:

Really wish they would be consistent.  

On 12/17/2021 at 5:53 PM, littledoom said:

Those Damian newsstands are way too affordable.. should be at least $100+ each.. now is the time 2 buy

I agree. They're hitting eBay less often and they're starting to pick up a little, around the $50 mark usually now, but they're fairly scarce. I got a CGC 9.6 newsstand at a DIG auction a few months ago for $90, and I scored this one last week for $26. It's not a 9.6, but it ain't bad! The weird smudgy line by the DC logo in the scan is something on my scanner - should have cleaned it before I started scanning...

On 12/19/2021 at 8:17 PM, littledoom said:

Found this in a shop while on vacation. Don’t know if it’s worth buying. Perhaps if it was $3

CFB906B1-8757-4CD4-9B6B-6655D2D559BA.thumb.jpeg.cc4c28ceec575f327f9b7f424ef8d2d8.jpeg

Are you asking? I think it's cool but I'd pass unless yes it was $3. You know and find a lot more books than I though lol

So go with your gut, stay upbeat and have fun on vacation,  main thing  :whee:

On 12/19/2021 at 9:34 PM, Lifesuggs said:

Ok newsstand fans, anyone have a good idea for a Xmas contest?

B0409DD7-41FC-4332-998E-11C0F6A9B91C.jpeg

We have the raffle?  Deadline is Tuesday. But congrats on the sweet zombies!  :headbang:

It's in comics general, if you want to offer something .

I've often thought of doing a contest truly  :whee:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/19/2021 at 7:03 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Are you asking? I think it's cool but I'd pass unless yes it was $3. You know and find a lot more books than I though lol

So go with your gut, stay upbeat and have fun on vacation,  main thing  :whee:

It’s the first app of Black Alice and any first app newsstand is a good buy but I don’t really know the character 

On 12/19/2021 at 9:50 PM, littledoom said:

It’s the first app of Black Alice and any first app newsstand is a good buy but I don’t really know the character 

Did you end up with it?

I'm shocked at your finds sometimes. You must be a bookworm  :shy:

Consider my interest peaked

On 12/19/2021 at 7:52 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Did you end up with it?

I'm shocked at your finds sometimes. You must be a bookworm  :shy:

Consider my interest peaked

No, I did not, but I was able to find some “obscure” in demand comics. I got some Battle Chasers Prelude exclusives. Those have come into relevance recently  

On 12/19/2021 at 10:49 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

We have the raffle?  Deadline is Tuesday. But congrats on the sweet zombies!  :headbang:

It's in comics general, if you want to offer something .

I've often thought of doing a contest truly  :whee:

I have a few sets, figured giving away a set on here would be fun (but probably in a different thread to not derail this one)