• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's next Featured Auction Has Started Posting Books
17 17

1,649 posts in this topic

On 5/23/2021 at 3:03 AM, Mr.Fantastic said:

Me too.  Seems like a D*ck move by them not to allow a watched list, but whatever.

They are constantly changing the website lately, features, come and go, search functions change, but adding a "watch" function would require a wholesale upgrade of their platform layouts.  

I can't see them doing it anytime soon.  Josh doesn't have a Scottish surname just for entertainment value. :eyeroll:

11 hours ago, innocuous said:

I really thought I had a chance. But, it's now at $36K. I can't justify that.

Why did my wife and I have three kids. :pullhair:

Many a time have I pondered that question. Let me know if you figure out an answer. 

1 hour ago, innocuous said:

:tonofbricks:$12k more than I was willing to go. I had a chance for a 1.0 5 years ago that I let slip through my fingers. Another on the list of one that got away.

Awww yes, the one that got away 😔. We’ve all had em! Maybe you’ll get another shot someday 🙂.

On 5/27/2021 at 1:21 PM, ThothAmon said:

I hope he’s only referring to the website and auction style?  CL has nothing but excellent customer service from my perspective. Might even be better for sellers as the fear of missing out leads to plenty of Hail Marys. Certainly this auction has plenty of new GPA highs. 

Yes. My interactions with them have been more limited (buying one book off the exchange) but my experience with the customer service team was fine. I looked at listing some books with them once but didn't get a response but it sounds like your experiences have been much better there. My complaint is simply on the outdated design and my ability to engage with the site.  I also work for a research company that specializes in CX /UX so I am biased towards the web experience. The GA market is so frothy right now, I am sure sellers are happy with the results overall, but a better experience I think would lead to even higher prices. But that is obviously just my opinion. 

13 hours ago, Ian Winner said:

The GA market is so frothy right now, I am sure sellers are happy with the results overall, but a better experience I think would lead to even higher prices. But that is obviously just my opinion. 

Well, if you think the GA comic book market is frothy, what is your take then on the uber HG BA keys and CA keys market is?  :bigsmile:

Especially in the case of books with multiple copies showing up in every single auction and still able to fetch high 5-figures with seemingly no problems at all.  :screwy:

On 6/4/2021 at 10:51 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, if you think the GA comic book market is frothy, what is your take then on the uber HG BA keys and CA keys market is?  :bigsmile:

Especially in the case of books with multiple copies showing up in every single auction and still able to fetch high 5-figures with seemingly no problems at all.  :screwy:

Yeah that is absurd....there are so many copies of those books. Instead of collecting mid grade DC SA books in the late 80's I should have just loaded up on ASM 300 or even worse ASM 361 (though I would have sold them when they were like $100 bucks I am sure). But hindsight is 20/20 I should have also kept my early Magic the Gathering Cards and not opened any of my early Nintendo Games but what are you going to do. I am just waiting for my boxes of Malibu Ultraverse comics to explode in value...Prime #1 anyone?    xD  

On 8/19/2021 at 1:10 AM, comicnoir said:

I am confused. This is in the latest CLink auction. A blue label book with a top edge trim. Someone please explain.

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?id=1506197

Trimming is NOT restoration..  CGC finally got it right for once (although by mistake I'm sure)