• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Congratulations, and welcome to the GA! :hi:

I'm really excited to present my first Golden Age Book TEC 45. Case will be replaced shortly due to scratches. My dream is to have 27-50.

sc01509533.jpg

:applause: I started out with tec 27-53 (last of the large logo)...good luck, one of the best runs!

I'm really excited to present my first Golden Age Book TEC 45. Case will be replaced shortly due to scratches. My dream is to have 27-50.

sc01509533.jpg

Great start with a great cover!! Good Luck with your dream!! Are you going after only unrestored, or restored OK?? Any grade OK??

sc01509533.jpg

Great start with a great cover!! Good Luck with your dream!! Are you going after only unrestored, or restored OK?? Any grade OK??

I would prefer unrestored but the chances of that are slim to nil. I added a nice copy of TEC 49 which is going to be submitted ( I think it will come back 7.0) I was also able to add a restored TEC 37 which is currently being mailed to me

Does anyone on this thread own a DC book that has been signed by Kane himself ?

I used to have a slight restored Tec #27 that was signed by Bob Kane on the insider front cover. :cloud9:

latest addition to the 31:

IMG_1118.jpg[/img]

Those go really well together! :cloud9:

IMG_1118.jpg[/img]

In fact, they go perfect together! It might be the best two (outside of 27) that you can have.

what do you mean "might" you lunatic!

IMG_1118.jpg[/img]

In fact, they go perfect together! It might be the best two (outside of 27) that you can have.

Well 27 and 29 would be the absolute perfect pair. Outside of that, 29 and 31 are next in the perfect line.

IMG_1118.jpg[/img]

Well 27 and 29 would be the absolute perfect pair. Outside of that, 29 and 31 are next in the perfect line.

yes, but you already clarified (outside of 27)...good god man, put down the gun!

but, even if I had a 27 and all the other per-robin tecs, these two just go together, like thor's twins; at least I have always thought of them that way. Hasen't their Overstreet rank and value always been equal?

but, even if I had a 27 and all the other per-robin tecs, these two just go together, like thor's twins; at least I have always thought of them that way. Hasen't their Overstreet rank and value always been equal?

They do look amazing together. The coloring being very similar adds to the "twinning" effect that you refer to. They are amongst my top five comics of all time.

Regarding value: Spot checking some old price guides the tide has turned in favor of the 31. Not by a huge margin though.

OS #39: 29 - $72,000, 31 - $78,000

OS #25: 29 - $16,500, 31 - $16,000

OS #20: 29 - $5000, 31 - $5000

OS #15: 29 - $2900, 31 - $1500

OS #10: 29 - $750, 31 - $600

OS #5: 29 and 31 - $500

Nice return on investment over the years!