• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Act
Heck, I'd have bid on it if I knew Gator wasn't.

Anything Gator doesn't bid on goes for a bargain.

:insane:

I have changed my buying methods of late, which is why I haven't won anything :cry:

Actually this is my first pre Robin Tec that either George or Rick haven't owned

:applause:

:applause:

A new addition to my low grade Pre-Robin (and Tec 38) Run! Won this guy on eBay for what I consider a steal price. Originally I was only out to complete a Pre-Robin run, but this one was so nice and considerably cheap (My winning bid was 1/2 of my max bid lol ) - I said why not I'll take a Tec 38!

CGC NG (coverless) Restored (Centerfold is trimmed on 1 edge)

IMG_1589.jpg

A new addition to my low grade Pre-Robin (and Tec 38) Run!

:headbang:

"A laughing, fighting young daredevil who scoffs at danger like the legendary Robin Hood whose name and spirit he has adopted... " That's funny -- it seems obvious enough, but in all these years I don't think I ever knew that.

"A laughing, fighting young daredevil who scoffs at danger like the legendary Robin Hood whose name and spirit he has adopted... " That's funny -- it seems obvious enough, but in all these years I don't think I ever knew that.

I know right? I never connected the two until I read a reprint of this in the 90's and then read an article on Jerry Robinson. I was like oh wow, when I first read it. Never thought of it either! lol

(But didn't Robin Hood use an arrow - so isn't Green Arrow more of a Robin Hood superhero hm)

Actually I didn't know that either, but it is obvious if you think about it.

DSC00002.jpgDSC00003.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

[font:Comic Sans MS]The contagion is spreading . . . .

thanks to spideyincases, vtcomics, and now october for adding fuel to the fever.[/font]

Beautiful! (thumbs u

I love the deep blacks of the linework on those early Tec covers... just look at the impact when you see them all together like that.