• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

million-dollar-bill.jpg

Thats why i sold it to you cause you have a million dollar bill, so it must be real. Theres no restoration to that bill is there?

freshly minted :cloud9:

Finally got this book. A non Batman cover Pre Robin Tec, but still a sweet book, and also I'd like to thank George for the opportunity to help put his kids through college

4th highest graded and quite hard to get hold of.

Tec2855.jpg

Finally got this book. A non Batman cover Pre Robin Tec, but still a sweet book, and also I'd like to thank George for the opportunity to help put his kids through college

Tec2855.jpg

But he is still in there..Very sweet... Congrats! :applause:

Tec2855.jpg

Awsome, just Awesome. Congrats on a job well done. Can't wait to see your whole run!!!!!! :applause:

Tec2855.jpg

(thumbs u the toughest Pre-Robin for sure.

Tec2855.jpg

:whatthe:

Congrats! :applause:

Edited by Doiby_Dickles

Tec2855.jpg

Congrats not just for the Pre-Robin! But for finding one period! :cool:

Absolutely spectacular book!

Tec2855.jpg

This is a real looker! Congrats, Imran :applause:

Congrats on that TEC 28!! :applause:

I'm amazed you could find an unrestored copy!!

I got to see the original art for that in NY at Metro's offices ... I'm pretty sure it was that cover. Maybe someone can confirm... hm My old age is killing my short term memory.

Love the TEC 28. Surprised you say it's the 4th highest graded, I would have guessed it was maybe 2nd best since you never see copies for sale. Great book! :applause:

There are 2 CGC 9.0 copies and a 7.5 I believe without checking the census above the 5.5, and one of the 9.0's was added to the census in the last 3 months

I got to see the original art for that in NY at Metro's offices ... I'm pretty sure it was that cover. Maybe someone can confirm... hm My old age is killing my short term memory.

The original art still exists? Wow.

This is true. Metro displays the original art to Tec 28's cover in there store in NY.

As far as I know they got it unbelievably cheap in the 90's. As no one cared for OA back then. :o

Tec2855.jpg

(worship)

By OSPG standards...the most under-valued and under-appreciated comic book of all-time.

Too bad you couldn't both find one (impossible to do) and purchase one for "guide".

Congratulations man; that's a true "holy grail" that would be the centerpiece of most people's collections.

Tec2855.jpg

(worship)

There's an "original art" link on Metro's website where you can view a scan of the artwork.