• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Hey did you check out the low grade copy of TEC 35 on ebay? Maybe you can purchase it so you can have a cover for your copy. I bet you can't even tell where the piece was added to the front cover tongue.gif

Here's the scan...

300-0306-100.jpg

foreheadslap.gif

Yeah. Okay. Female bondage good, male bondage bad. crazy.gif

Here's my first TEC purchase. Since reading the Batman Cronicles, I've been looking for a pre-Robin TEC as I enjoyed the early stories. Since the Batman covers are mostly out of my price range, I was happy to pick up a TEC #32:

Tec32.jpg

Here's my first TEC purchase. Since reading the Batman Cronicles, I've been looking for a pre-Robin TEC as I enjoyed the early stories. Since the Batman covers are mostly out of my price range, I was happy to pick up a TEC #32:

Nice pick up!! The non-Batman covers seem to be pretty reasonable as far as '' guide '' prices are concerned. Be careful if you do get more pre-Robin TECS you will have to go for at least one Batman cover!! Enjoy

that's a very nice looking 3.0 there Brian,. Great pickup, any chance you'll crack the slab ? insane.gif

I almost cracked the slab by accident as I was driving in my car. It sat on the passenger seat, I hit the brakes, and it flew onto the floor. foreheadslap.gif

Thanks Alton & Bat-Hound for the comments.

That's a fun book and a great cover. Congratulations. Of course you know Batman busts a cap in a Vampire in that issue. -CW's FUN Factoid #32

Tec32.jpg

May I ask how much? That seems to be in my range.

May I ask how much? That seems to be in my range.

I paid a little over guide for it. From what I've seen, that's about what the non-Batman covers seem to go for (TEC 30, 32, 34) in low or midgrade. I think TEC 28 would go for well over guide as it's pretty hard to find.

Maybe someday I'll find an affordable pre-Robin TEC Batman cover cloud9.gif

That's a fun book and a great cover. Congratulations. Of course you know Batman busts a cap in a Vampire in that issue. -CW's FUN Factoid #32

Yes. A vampire who turns into a wolf. icon_rolleyes.gif

A very cool comic to own. Congrats!

Yes. A vampire who turns into a wolf.

In common lore, vampires can turn into wolves, bats or mist. Think how conflicted he would have been to shoot a bat.

Yes. A vampire who turns into a wolf.

In common lore, vampires can turn into wolves, bats or mist. Think how conflicted he would have been to shoot a bat.

But he actually calls them werewolves, not vampires, in the story. But they sleep in coffins. foreheadslap.gif I like the story and art in Tec 31-32, but I've always thought that was very conflicting. Are they vampires? Are they werewolves? Make up your mind!

Tec32.jpg

Nice looking 3.0 .I would be proud to have that in my collection. Congrats!! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Some early Tecs in the next Heritage auction.

"Due to flash overexposure some lots appear with a shadow on the far left side of the books, and some of the front covers appear to have spine roll and are whiter in the photos than in person. Unless a condition issue is noted to this effect in the description, please disregard. Images are being corrected, so please excuse a lack of a reverse image on this lot for the time being."

foreheadslap.gifjuggle.gif