• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

tecearly3.jpg

hello all...

thought I would post a shot of some of my earlier tec's....like greg, going for a run, but likely only 27-200ish....

need an "affordable" 27 smile.gif

thanks

rick

WOW!

Awesome group of Detectives NewForce, especially the #28 which isn't seen to often. What's the grade and resto work done on it?

hello all...

the Tec 28 is professional resto (by matt nelson I believe)...was a g/vg? and now is 8.0 VF (color touch, pieces added, spine and cf reinforcement)....he (they) did a nice job indeed...picked it up from Sam in your neck of the woods, Illinois (a fellow vette enthusiasts....he is selling his comics to pay for his 64 vette, I sold my ferrari to buy tec's!, but kept my 63 vette!)

should have my resto5.5 #35 soon....paid 1/6th of the crippin price, so I am relatively happy

thanks

rick

Edited by NewForceComics

tec35.jpg

hello all...

received the tec 35 (a mini grail for me) today....anyone know who owns the tec 29 on clink?....emailed an offer, but no response?...now, if I can get the 27 off heritage, will be fairly easy to complete my long ear logo tec run (I know where 4 or 5 #31's are for sale, and the others are readily available, so will attack that next)....

love the white pages on this 35!

thanks

rick

Edited by NewForceComics

tec35.jpg

hello all...

received the tec 35 (a mini grail for me) today....anyone know who owns the tec 29 on clink?....emailed an offer, but no response?...now, if I can get the 27 off heritage, will be fairly easy to complete my long ear logo tec run (I know where 4 or 5 #31's are for sale, and the others are readily available, so will attack that next)....

thanks

rick

Outstanding Rick!! I love this book so much I commissioned Shelley Moldoff to do a cover recreation for me. He did a marvelous job.

tec35.jpg

hello all...

thanks

rick

Outstanding Rick!! I love this book so much I commissioned Shelley Moldoff to do a cover recreation for me. He did a marvelous job.

hello all...

would love to see that!

rick

NFC, those are shockingly nice colors and pages on the book! 893whatthe.gif

NFC, those are shockingly nice colors and pages on the book! 893whatthe.gif

hello all...

I agree, it is a GREAT book and the restro only made a great looking book look better...and kept the price out of the stratosphere!

hope to have a 27 and 29 soon to show smile.gif

rick

tec35.jpg

hello all...

received the tec 35 (a mini grail for me) today....anyone know who owns the tec 29 on clink?....emailed an offer, but no response?...rick

Did you see the Detective #31 8.0 on comiclink?

tec35.jpg

hello all...

received the tec 35 (a mini grail for me) today....anyone know who owns the tec 29 on clink?....emailed an offer, but no response?...rick

Did you see the Detective #31 8.0 on comiclink?

hello all...

yes, I see the 8.0, and have thought about it quite a bit, as it is truly a stunning piece!...but, unfortunately, I like "restored" books that look nice, because the price point is typically better/much better than unrestored (I know of 2 fn to vf restored 31 in the sub $8K range that are available right now, that look great for the money, but even then, I think I might do better)...the clink 8.0 book is priced a little too "strong" for me, relatively speaking (relative to other, albeit more heavily restored, copies)...if that book was $10K ish, I would be all over it, so if anyone knows who owns it that needs to sell, lmk smile.gif

rick

Agree with you. It is either overpriced or my copy (link on page 319 of this thread) was bargain of the century ($5.2k 2 months ago). smile.gif

Definetly not my copy on CLink as I wouldn't have the gumption to put it on atthat price.