• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,308 posts in this topic

Westerns ?......love 'em...... here's a couple by Mort Drucker before he went on to international fame with Mad Magazine..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

COWBOYWESTERN9i.jpg

WILDWESTERN49i.jpg

That's a nice selection of Atlas artists, Jimjum. Other good ones include Baker, Crandall, Infantino, Sekowsky, Andru/Esposito, Doxsee and Toth.

That's a nice selection of Atlas artists, Jimjum. Other good ones include Baker, Crandall, Infantino, Sekowsky, Andru/Esposito, Doxsee and Toth.

It's definitely a learning process for me. GOD BLESS....

Here's one of my favorite Joe Sinnott stories ...... he was WAY more than just an inker. GOD BLESS.....

101_2743.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

Just catching up with this thread explosion!

Great posts James! Covers are one thing but these interior shots are putting more books on my want list! Thanks for all the time and effort!

You haven't mentioned them but two of my favorites at Atlas are:

Jack Katz, esp. on War stories

and

Chuck Miller, esp. on Western stories

..... I forgot Katz...... I've only got one book with his work, it's good. Miller I haven't had the pleasure of seeing yet. In case anyone doesn't know..... many of these scans came from you originally (worship) GOD BLESS...

Here's a Chuck Miller cover. Battlefront 21, July 1954. Great cover. (What color, eh?). And the dehumanizing portrayal of the "enemy soldiers".

Has interior work by Maneely, Colan, Powell, Lawrence.

147782.jpg.5749f80a57f98fb635568ed6525be735.jpg

Just catching up with this thread explosion!

Great posts James! Covers are one thing but these interior shots are putting more books on my want list! Thanks for all the time and effort!

..... it's a labor of love.... and I notice a lot of people starting to become interested in Atlas books and thought that sharing some of my discoveries was just the cool thing to do. The Atlas site has been invaluable and most of the scans are from there. It's hard to believe that it's the work of just a handful of people. It really deserves an award or something. I know if Scrooge ever passes through South Eastern Virginia and I'm off... he has dinner on me anywhere he wants..... that's how much help it's been to me. Anyways, here's a couple that are on the way. The War Comics 19 has a few problems, but the high grade copy I'd love to have may never turn up and this one has great eye appeal. GOD BLESS...

WAR19.jpg

This one is just a strange cover and I don't recall one featuring cigarette smoking quite so prominently on the cover. GOD BLESS...

WAR40.jpg

OK.... I admit that I've been holding back. This artist is by no means obscure, but he's most widely known for Daredevil and Tomb of Dracula (.... a favorite from my teenage years). Gene Colan is one of the reasons I kept coming back for more Atlas books. His war stories are scintillating...... oh, how I would love a Masterworks with nothing but Colan War stories. This first one is for my friend Frank and is NOT a war story. It hails from Police Action 1. GOD BLESS....

COLAN3PA1.jpg

Here's a small group of the War stories that really got me hooked on Atlas .... for way too long I was an Everett only Atlas collector. GOD BLESS....

NAVY COMBAT 4

COLAN5NC4.jpg

WAR COMICS 48

COLAN9WC48.jpg

COMMANDO ADVENTURES 1

COLAN8CMA1.jpg

MARINES IN ACTION 11

COLAN7MIA11.jpg

While Gene Colan was at Timely/Atlas he did EVERYTHING, except the secretary(....for Gene was happily married). Colan was a go to guy. Rumor has it that he once made Chuck Norris give up his seat at Studio 54. Anyways, here's a fixin' of Colan westerns to marvel at..... GOD BLESS....

WESTERN OUTLAWS 10

COLAN10WO10.jpg

GUNSMOKE WESTERN 37

COLAN6GSW37.jpg

QUICK TRIGGER WESTERN 16

COLAN11QTW16.jpg

Gene Colan was no slouch in the PCH department either.... GOD BLESS...

MARVEL TALES 121

COLAN4MT121.jpg

JOURNEY INTO UNKNOWN WORLDS 20

COLAN1JIUW20.jpg

ADVENTURES INTO TERROR 25

COLAN2AIT25.jpg

One of the first things I learned in Atlas 101 is that Vince Colletta is NOT a hack. That guy could draw (and ink) anything. While he is best known for his prodigious output in the Atlas Romance department, he also did stories in Crime and Horror. He later went on to ink Kirby on the Thor title.... where people either loved him or hated him. I, personally, loved him. They say that off the clock, Colletta was quite a bad . Rumor has it he once made Chuck Norris LEAVE Studio 54. GOD BLESS....

TRUE SECRETS 24

COLLETTA3TRUESECRETS24.jpg

CRIME FIGHTERS 12

COLLETTA4CRIMEFIGHTERS12.jpg

MYSTERY TALES 18

COLLETTA2MYT18.jpg

MYSTIC 28

COLLETTA1MYSTIC28.jpg