• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,309 posts in this topic

I really like this Everett cover.

AdventuresIntoWeirdWorlds6_zpsf695b09c.jpg

I just read this book this morning and this center panel instantly reminded me of Spider-Man.

AdventuresIntoWeirdWorlds6page_zpsb46460a7.jpg

....That's a nice copy. I've admired that one for a long time, too. I've never owned one or read it..... thanks for posting a page. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

....That's a nice copy. I've admired that one for a long time, too. I've never owned one or read it..... thanks for posting a page. GOD BLESS....

Thanks, Jimbo

I'd collect Atlas books for the covers alone, but the interior pages that board members (you, Scrooge, etc...) post make it so I crack out every slab I get.

I just need to try to scan the full page next time.

The Atlas stuff is just too fun to leave in a slab.... unless maybe for the 9.0's and above. A 6.0 slab of Men's Adventures 25 (classic cover) just closed for $ 560 .... it looked like a nice Fine..... GOD BLESS...

The Atlas stuff is just too fun to leave in a slab.... unless maybe for the 9.0's and above. A 6.0 slab of Men's Adventures 25 (classic cover) just closed for $ 560 .... it looked like a nice Fine..... GOD BLESS...

More of a pre-hero than a pre-code, but at the same time last night a Tales To Astonish 1 in VG closed at just over $1K.

The price jumps from 4.0 to CGC 6.0 on some Atlas books are eye-popping, it reminds of what used to happen ( still does?) with a lot of 50s DC war books, where one could often buy a raw VG for about 20% of what a slabbed 6.0 might cost.

Some new purchases.

Great books! The Mystic 22 is one of my personal favorites, "Doom in the Tomb!" (thumbs u

...I forgot to bid on it the other night.... Rick Starr got quite the bargain on that one. GOD BLESS...

I believe Jimjum posted his copy of this one recently. I received mine not too long ago. Grabbed it on the boards in fact.

UncannyTales33_zpsc1489d7f.jpg

I'd like to cast Margot Robbie as the blonde on the right :)

Photo Linky

It's funny you posted this. I just found the issue of Alter Ego where the claim was made that Maneely drew himself and Betty Jean onto the cover. .... it is issue # 28. While I don't believe there is an issue of AE that fails short of excellent, this issue and the Matt Baker issue are easily my favorites of the run so far. The Maneely issue is just packed with the kind of details and anecdotes that this magazine is so famous for....although it can be quite sad with the unexpected passing. Speaking of Maneely..... I finally found a nice copy of an Atlas western that has been eluding me in nice shape for years....when I get it I'll post it up. It has one of my favorite covers by Joe, with interiors by him, Ayers, Torres, and Crandall :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

Finally got another one of these..... I INSTANTLY regretted selling my first copy a while back..... it's got one of my favorite Everett covers and stories inside. This is the Circle 8 copy and I'm so happy with it. It's out of the slab now.... breathing and shining like a good Atlas should.... GOD BLESS...

UNCANNYTALES39c8.jpg

Finally got another one of these..... I INSTANTLY regretted selling my first copy a while back..... it's got one of my favorite Everett covers and stories inside. This is the Circle 8 copy and I'm so happy with it. It's out of the slab now.... breathing and shining like a good Atlas should.... GOD BLESS...

UNCANNYTALES39c8.jpg

Should retitle that book "Unslabby Tales" now! :insane:

Loved that Maneely issue! I might have to take it down and re-read it.

I am on an Alter-Ego kick myself. Since my second kid was born 2 years ago tomorrow, I have mostly been piling the issues up. I recently read (within last 2 weeks):

125 with the Lee Harris coverage

124 with Herb Trimpe coverage

121 with writers and artists on JSA characters. Love the coverage of Sansone and the interview with Sachs' widow

115 with the first 3-D craze coverage

I have 117 with the coverage on L.B. Cole on tap then onto # 11? with the Don Rico coverage.

Loved that Maneely issue! I might have to take it down and re-read it.

I am on an Alter-Ego kick myself. Since my second kid was born 2 years ago tomorrow, I have mostly been piling the issues up. I recently read (within last 2 weeks):

125 with the Lee Harris coverage

124 with Herb Trimpe coverage

121 with writers and artists on JSA characters. Love the coverage of Sansone and the interview with Sachs' widow

115 with the first 3-D craze coverage

I have 117 with the coverage on L.B. Cole on tap then onto # 11? with the Don Rico coverage.

I do that myself with the re reading. That magazine is just fantastic.... I know Roy loved his writing and editing roles in the Industry, but I bet he's even happier now, manning the helm of Fandom..... full circle for him. I've still got to pick up quite a few issues.... so you're ahead of me. It's hard to believe 2 years have already gone by since your "new" arrival. GOD BLESS...

UNCANNYTALES39c8.jpg

Certainly one of the better post code Everett covers in my opinion, nice work Jim.

..... this one has decent stories other than the Everett lead story.....I was also impressed by the stories in ST 49 that I posted recently. They don't have that gruesome atmosphere, more like Twilight Zone.... but, hey, I STILL don't mind catching an episode or three of that show. Some are duds, but dozens of the Post Codes are just cover to cover decent. I think Stan and the guys were real proud of these later ones, considering the restraints and all.... and the Implosion shutdown must have sucked terrible.... not just from an income perspective. GOD BLESS...

Just got this one from Ted at Superworld..... it's a favorite Maneely cover of mine and is in very nice shape other than a small chip at top. GOD BLESS....

101_3040.jpg

Love all the little extra details on this cover! From the spittoon and cigarette butts on the floor to the cowboy holding onto his hat as he scrambles to leave the saloon! lol