• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

These just arrive thanks to a Boardie.

JIM44_zps4023c56a.jpg

Mystic44_zps7a1d6887.jpg

Don-

The 44 is one of my favorite post code Atlas books. I love the way BE drew the woman's face - love the perspective also. Congrats Don!

I agree. Very pleased with both books.

.... and they may have been held back by Geppi or already promised to someone.... if Overstreet did indeed have the bulk of them. I appreciate your input .....as I am an incurable provenance junky. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Overstreet got first pick of the debut set that Jerry Wiest brought to San Diego but I kinda doubt that there were a whole mess of Atlas WMs in Overstreet's collection. Jerry was the agent for the WMs and a number sold through Sotheby's or directly to collectors as they were only gradually released onto the market.

I bought two of the lesser WM JIM's in Overstreet's collection from WWC a 13 and 44 - 5.5 and 6.0 respectively. Sold both, they were nice books, but the 13 had a solid crease in the FC and the 44 had a rip at the top staple.

Those I never owned.

I'm guessing that when I saw his run there were only 50-60% of the issues between 1 - 82. It's likely that is all he owned but I can't be certain. All of the copies were very fresh so it was quite a treat to see that many together.

Everett's inks on JIM 44 are superb! :applause:

Agreed! It's gone on the wantlist... great copy, Don! :)

Another fine example of Everett getting more eerieness into a post-code cover than most artists were able to do pre-code.

Agreed! It's gone on the wantlist... great copy, Don! :)

Another fine example of Everett getting more eerieness into a post-code cover than most artists were able to do pre-code.

The "B" and "E" on her collar are a cool touch too! (thumbs u

Missing the centerfold, but the price was right and decent eye appeal despite the miscut ( the tanned white along the top right edge is actually part of the cover.) I bought it for the cover, so I can live without the centerfold if I don't find one, and the seller sent color jpegs if I want to read it.)

913d16ec-56af-45dc-a1d1-a73d4e9add94_zps9865714f.jpg

Here's another Maneely cover with a two page Heath story.

WesternGunfighters25_zps908d04eb.jpg

WesternGunfighters25Heathpage-1_zpsf6aa0421.jpg

WesternGunfighters25Heathpage-2_zps38aa9c6f.jpg

Great stuff. Was that the copy from ebay? - part of that group of nice Atlas Westerns that went for a fair price, but still more than my lowball bids - I may regret not going higher. I keep toying with collecting Atlas Westerns with gun in the foreground covers - they are universally cool.

Great stuff. Was that the copy from ebay? - part of that group of nice Atlas Westerns that went for a fair price, but still more than my lowball bids - I may regret not going higher. I keep toying with collecting Atlas Westerns with gun in the foreground covers - they are universally cool.

Yes, this was from that batch of books and I already regret not bidding higher on some of them.

The gun in the foreground collection would be cool. You'll finish yours before I finish my Atlas westerns with guns on the cover collection.

PCL! (Pre-Code Love) :D

RAD6014C2014411_172343_zps63effcf3.jpg

Nice book. Now we'll see if PCL catches on.

I don't why it wouldn't. It's exactly like PCH except for the violence, gore, supernatural beings and malice. (shrug)