• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

These 2 arrived today...

IMG_2742.jpg

:cloud9:

,,,first high grade MA 26 I've ever seen..... congrats. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks all - the thing is really beautiful in hand. If I can find a decent scanner I'll give you guys a better look. Appreciate the sentiments.

I love those PCH Men's Adventures!

commensadvs24_zpscplguiaj.jpg

commensadvs25_zpswkiamgrl.jpg

....not sure if I aleady asked you this but did you manage to grab some Church copies of Atlas PCH (or any Atlas for that matter...) from the Chuckster back during that 1977 show ? GOD BLESS...

....not sure if I aleady asked you this but did you manage to grab some Church copies of Atlas PCH (or any Atlas for that matter...) from the Chuckster back during that 1977 show ? GOD BLESS...

The stuff I grabbed from Chuck at the Casual Con was mostly censhorship related books (SOTI ect). I did get a few Atlas Horror and this which is the only one in my bucket.

combattlesction5church_zpsaz1xpt0j.jpg

The stuff I grabbed from Chuck at the Casual Con was mostly censhorship related books (SOTI ect). I did get a few Atlas Horror and this which is the only one in my bucket.

combattlesction5church_zpsaz1xpt0j.jpg

I don't know if stumbling upon Chuck at that show would have been a glimpse of Heaven or an exercise in the utmost frustration..... you know, so many books so little cash :frustrated: ....... the Battle looks sublime :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

Probably a little of both. It was a long time ago and cash was tough to come by then. I was into SOTI, Parade of Pleasure and other censorship books. Luckily for me, no body else was and those books were pretty cheap even with Chuck's "premium". I went for quantity and kinda glad I did now. It was a real sight to behold. It was I think it was the first show he did with them and the whole crowd was at his table. The most beautiful load of books I have ever seen. Everything he said in that segment of "Tales from the Database" is true. He literally sucked ALL the money out of the room and nobody was complaining.

I do also remember finding this little gem in someone else's box that day for $3. I was also into EC's and this blew me away so I grabbed it.

One of the best cons, I ever went to!

comfightagainstcrime20_zpsflcdzohd.jpg

I got a few pre-code Strange Tales but had to pay for them. I haven't looked at the closed prices but I did notice that the poor-good ones went over guide while the "better ones" in good-vg or vg went for slightly under guide unless they were "special" or Everett. I was only interested in about a dozen Journey into Mystery and Strange tales. Still very strong prices for very low grade books...

I have always said for every high grade collector, there are 10 people who can't afford them and push the prices up on low grade.

There is someone else who listed quite a few a few days ago but none I needed. Interesting to see where they go.

The books that graded below 4.5 (at least half of them) generally went for moderate / expected market prices, although there were obviously books that did well for the grades, with the odd Strange Tales, JIM, Menace (notably 11), Mystery Tales (11 and 13), and TOS 4 going for very decent money. Got outbid on the Marvel Tales 116.