• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,286 posts in this topic

Picked up some nice copies of some of my favorite Atlas war titles..... the War 13 is chock full of favorites, and the two Battlefronts ain't too shabby either. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

BATTLE%20FRONT%2029.jpg

BATTLE%20FRONT%2037.jpg

WAR%2013.jpg

These were nice and white..... tough finds for Atlas.... and makes them good candidates for the keeper pile, since they can be read and handled without stuff flaking off. There's not a bad story in the War 13....so it's a definite keeper unless the unlikely day that I find a nice VF. It's one of my favorites and has that early Berg work that just oozes with the detail of a younger artist still trying to make his mark. The early 50's Berg stories are usually worth seeking out in my opinion. Reinman was another artist who put out some fantastic early work before Stan started piling it on him...... but I love all of his stuff, even the later and more formulaic material. War 13 also has a story by Norm Steinberg (?) who I consider to be under rated.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend f jesus) (thumbs u

This is one of my top 10 Heath covers and I've been looking for a solid copy for a LONG time. This one will do unless an upgrade comes along. I think Heath chose a really original way to portray this scene. Judy thought the palette was bland, but for me it just hammers in that dry desert atmosphere. GOD BLESS...

TWO%20GUN%20KID%2033.jpg

Jim, I am jealous. I love that book, and do agree with you. The work on this was brilliant. If you ever get that upgrade, you have a buyer for this one !

This is one of my top 10 Heath covers and I've been looking for a solid copy for a LONG time. This one will do unless an upgrade comes along. I think Heath chose a really original way to portray this scene. Judy thought the palette was bland, but for me it just hammers in that dry desert atmosphere. GOD BLESS...

TWO%20GUN%20KID%2033.jpg

TWO%20GUN%20KID%2033.jpg

I like the foreground gun motif in general. Atlas artists used it well, and this is a prime example. A beauty.

Picked up some nice copies of some of my favorite Atlas war titles..... the War 13 is chock full of favorites, and the two Battlefronts ain't too shabby either. GOD BLESS...

BATTLE%20FRONT%2029.jpg

BATTLE%20FRONT%2037.jpg

WAR%2013.jpg

Great books, jimbo. (thumbs u

TWO%20GUN%20KID%2033.jpg

I like the foreground gun motif in general. Atlas artists used it well, and this is a prime example. A beauty.

Yes, just a gorgeous cover! :golfclap:

Extremely happy to pick these beautiful original owner books up recently! The Battlefront is really glossy, and I love all three covers (and looking forward to the stories of course). I love the Men's Adventures cover art. Not as high in grade as the other two, but it is awesome. Something about the expression with the smoke, and the dirty hands with the bayonet. The image in the binoculars in the Navy Actin sold me as well. Thanks to the boardie that is the coolest of cool cats (Jimbo of course) for the introduction to these. (thumbs u

Navy%20Action%207_zpscomkajmt.jpg

Battlefront%2030_zpsglmmvjwe.jpg

Mens%20Adventure_zpsklkfti61.jpg