• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,306 posts in this topic

I picked up these 3 from the comics4less auction...I'm trying to sell books to fund a home improvement but I keep buying along the way. Makes it very difficult.

A30.jpg

MA22.jpg

MT11.jpg

You cannot go wrong with those 3 books.

Fantastic pickups. :headbang:

My favorite is the Astonishing #30. I'm surprised how little love it gets. It is popular, but gets a little "lost in the shuffle" among the horror genre. (I can say this because I have a nice one and an no longer in the market for it)

That Men's Advs #22 has always creeped me out...

Astonishing 30 is my favorite Maneely cover in the PCH genre. I've had a G/VG copy for years, and would have bid if that copy had been a little nicer. I thought it went cheap for a classic cover.

Astonishing 30 is my favorite Maneely cover in the PCH genre. I've had a G/VG copy for years, and would have bid if that copy had been a little nicer. I thought it went cheap for a classic cover.

PCH covers don't get any better and the cover story, though not by Maneely, is pretty cool as well.

Okay,ive got to chime in about how great that #30 is too....the eyes remind me of a Worlds of Fear cover(not the classic one) and the MA #22 monster reminds me a little of the four armed man on the cover of Menace #6.And I wouldnt throw the Mystery Tales out of bed for having Marvel Chipping....

(not that it does,just trying to be funny)l

PCH covers don't get any better and the cover story, though not by Maneely, is pretty cool as well.

...... To me, probably due to Pat's articles in CBM, this book is the definite poster child for Atlas PCH...... and as AS just stated, that cover story is fantastic. I would love one in the Fine range, but there just aren't any. Other than Caleb's copy, I've never seen an extra nice one. This was definitely a comic that was purchased off the rack and then read until near disintegration, a true "tree fort" copy :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'm not a hoarder but....I have 3 copies of the A30 only because I love the cover so much and I put a bid in that I think won't win and I end up winning. I feel like $165 for that book is a deal when so many other Atlas and PCH books in general with classic covers are going SO much higher.

With that said, to Jim's point, all of mine are in the G/VG range. It's like the Menace 11 where it feels like they only exist in lower grade.

I only have a low grade Astonishing #30 also (cracked out 4.0) but it's definitely one of my favorites. Here's the splash page from the cool story.

Astonishing30page-1_zpsb54e24a5.jpg

OK, that does it...Now I just GOTTA get this book! :wink:

Here's an unusual one.

I was told by several people that Joe Maneely drew a self portrait of him and his wife in the cover of this book. (He is the guy with the grey hat with the woman in red).

Anybody know for sure?

comuncannytales33_zpsc0rygb8r.jpg

..... it was in an issue of Alter Ego that featured Maneely...... if I recall correctly, the claim was attributed to him. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u