• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (2021)
6 6

809 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2022 at 8:14 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I watched Episodes 5, 6, & 7. They gotta stop with VFX-face Luke. It looks very bad just like it did in Mandalorian E16.

The face was...not great. But the voice was what really bothered me, with that flat, created-in-a-lab vibe. At this point, if they insist on using Young Luke, they just need to recast it. This cobbled together CGI abomination, living in the uncanny valley of both the eyes and ears, is just no good. It'll be easier to buy a new actor in the part than it will be to keep trying to pretend this seems normal.

Just read an interesting theory. 

Luke did not bring Grogu back R2-D2 did.

Luke had no idea that Grogu was going back.

Grogu convinced R2-D2 to take him. 

Grogu left to find Mando because like Luke did before him with Yoda, Grogu left his training to help someone he cared about.

Luke will come back to retrieve him or Mando will bring him back. 

Just a theory. 

On 2/21/2022 at 5:36 PM, Buzzetta said:

Grogu left to find Mando because like Luke did before him with Yoda, Grogu left his training to help someone he cared about.

Just a theory. 

Seems plausible to me. It would be really strange for them to create that Luke subplot and then resolve it off-screen on a show that isn't even The Mandalorian. Then again, maybe they've got so much planned for Mando S3 that they had to push some of the expository bits over to Boba Fett. I'm not sure. I love Mandalorian. Boba Fett was...fine. I'm afraid that Disney is learning the wrong lessons from the success of Mando, and is going to stretch it all way too thin, way too fast, similar to what they're doing with MCU.

On 2/21/2022 at 5:36 PM, Buzzetta said:

Just a theory. 

I have a couple questions. First, why would Grogu have to convince R2 when Luke freely offered the Mithril armor and to return him to Mando? Unless Luke offering him a choice was a trick/lesson?  Second, and this one sticks out for me, how would Luke not sense Grogu leaving the planet? I know Ahsoka said he cut himself off from the Force after leaving the Jedi Temple so that might be one way to explain it but that would be really lazy story telling.

I was happy at first to see Mando and Baby Yoda back together but now I think it really undid the emotional weight of them being separated and we are pretty much back to Season 2, Episode 1 of Mandalorian. I think they should have let things play out more before reuniting them. 

On 2/22/2022 at 1:36 PM, valiantman said:

My favorite part of this is when Amy Sedaris is listed as Amy Sedaris, instead of being credited as a Star Wars character. 

She needs to have her own sitcom called "I'm dating a Jawa!"

On 2/21/2022 at 11:27 AM, Drummy said:

OK, just finished the Boba Fett show a couple days ago, and here are my thoughts, which reflect many of yours already posted.

First, I was *really* expecting a high-intrigue, high-violence show focusing on various 'mafia' gangs on the Outer Rim in which Boba would slowly and surely make his way through his list of folks to take down ('The Book'). 

That...did not happen.

So what I did get was something that looks to have switched its gears halfway through production and ended up giving us one of the weirdest hodge-podges of story and character ever seen in the SW universe -- and yes, I did see a so-called 'film' called The Rise of Skywalker.  Boba Fett left the Mandalorian show as someone who didn't take anything from anyone.  Once he did his part of the mission to destroy the all-new Empire, he was out on his own crusade, which felt right.  Teaming up with Fennec to take out Bib Fortuna (SO easily, really?) and establish himself as a crime lord also made sense.

Then the series began and the following emerged:  bacta tanks, sand teens, weak Boba, Jennifer Beals (yay), Jolly Rancher mopeds, local toughs with zero character development, trains, speeder bikes, bantha breeding, forlorn Boba, twin Hutts who give away Rancors for absolutely no reason, a glorified Cad Bane cameo, a goofy mayoral aide, insipid Boba, two episodes of the Mandalorian, a welcome Cobb Vanth cameo, some Freetown heroes to the rescue, scorpion droids, double-crosses, Fennec-as-exposition-machine (in the last two episodes), and "soft" but noble Boba.

What?

This series was all over the map.  At least three storylines that didn't fit together well at all, the weakest of set-ups for the payoffs they gave us, and a ton of side characters that were given nothing of importance to do.  I don't blame the actors -- writers and directors, I'm lookin' at you!  Grade:  C

Looking forward to something more awesome next time I'm on the only planet in the SW universe,

Dan

All that up there ^^^

Leo_Pointing.gif.2691e6c2c36713ec1915a04a5d919289.gif

After opening his new chapter in The Book of Boba Fett, actor Temuera Morrison says "it's time" to get Boba Fett "back to his badass ways." The feared Star Wars bounty hunter returned in Season 2 of The Mandalorian, not any less lethal without his armor: the gaderffii stick-wielding warrior brutalized Imperial forces with Din Djarin (Pedro Pascal) and the assassin Fennec Shand (Ming-Na Wen). In The Book of Boba Fett, set five years post-Return of the Jedi, Fett claimed the throne of Jabba the Hutt as the daimyo of Tatooine's Mos Espa who would rule with honor and respect — not fear. 

Asked about his Star Wars future in an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Morrison said "we've got to bring him back somewhere" after Fett's roles as an enforcer in The Mandalorian and as a reigning crime lord in The Book of Boba Fett. 

"We've got to see the old Boba Fett," Morrison said. "We reintroduced him. We found out some stuff. But I think it's time to get him back to his badass ways. No two ways around that."

"Accidentally"

Disney has proven it likes to double down, so why not?

Management is in the seat of mismanagement and nothing will change until it does

The more I think about it, the more I think 'BOBF' and 'The Last Skywalker' are the two worst SW related shows ever.  Loved the pitch meeting, as it hit everything that was wrong with this show in elegant fashion.

Let Boba be Boba!

D