• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

It's super sad. But reality is WB Chairman Toby Emmerich worked with the WB President to force Justice League changes so as to save their pre-acquisition bonuses. AT&T and WarnerMedia forced him to release the #SnyderCut which he is doing grudgingly knowing its success is a black eye to his original decision.

Unfortunate but true. :(

At the time JL came out in 2017 I had no clue about all this stuff, only that ZS had stepped down due to his family tragedy and Whedon had taken over to finish the film with a few minor re shoots to lighten the tone. The articles at the time were all about how ZS was part of the handover and everyone was on board with what was happening. Unbelievable!

It was actually only recently when I took an interest in what the original ideas were for JL and I loved finding all the concept art and snippets of information that showed what could of been. And what now is.....

59 minutes ago, RickSp said:

At the time JL came out in 2017 I had no clue about all this stuff, only that ZS had stepped down due to his family tragedy and Whedon had taken over to finish the film with a few minor re shoots to lighten the tone. The articles at the time were all about how ZS was part of the handover and everyone was on board with what was happening. Unbelievable!

It was actually only recently when I took an interest in what the original ideas were for JL and I loved finding all the concept art and snippets of information that showed what could of been. And what now is.....

Yup. We were all manipulated into believing that Zack Snyder was making sure Joss Whedon respected his vision. We were all fooled.

So now we see going back to 2013 Zack Snyder had the beginnings of a vision that over time he started building out linking Man of Steel to Batman v Superman to finally Justice League that actually makes sense. To include that Kal-El was the reason for Darkseid not invading Earth again sooner due to his ability to counter his forces.

So much for "Need to protect fellow board members from seeing BVS and seeing this Snyder Cut!" :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

So now we see going back to 2013 Zack Snyder had the beginnings of a vision that over time he started building out linking Man of Steel to Batman v Superman to finally Justice League that actually makes sense. To include that Kal-El was the reason for Darkseid not invading Earth again sooner due to his ability to counter his forces.

So much for "Need to protect fellow board members from seeing BVS and seeing this Snyder Cut!" :facepalm:

I am assuming that the Death of Superman scene will prelude the rest of Justice League. BvS did the same sort of "last time, in Worlds of DC" opening from a new perspective and it's simply fantastic. The films aren't interconnected by MacGuffins (no disrespect to the MCU) but, rather, a linear story.

47 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

I am assuming that the Death of Superman scene will prelude the rest of Justice League. BvS did the same sort of "last time, in Worlds of DC" opening from a new perspective and it's simply fantastic. The films aren't interconnected by MacGuffins (no disrespect to the MCU) but, rather, a linear story.

MOS_BVS_merge.gif.76b049bdb4f1abd1aae7fea94a996751.gif

:banana:

I’ll be cancelling my HBOMAX next month after JL and Godzilla. I believe all those big upcoming HBO movies premiere exclusively there for a short while and then will be made available for rental on sites like Amazon and iTunes and then finally purchase. I would purchase JL unseen at this point. Just to see five minutes of the Bat-tank rolling through the apocalyptic Knightmare world.

19 minutes ago, Oddball said:

I’ll be cancelling my HBOMAX next month after JL and Godzilla. I believe all those big upcoming HBO movies premiere exclusively there for a short while and then will be made available for rental on sites like Amazon and iTunes and then finally purchase. I would purchase JL unseen at this point. Just to see five minutes of the Bat-tank rolling through the apocalyptic Knightmare world.

Unless all you want is comic book and sci-fi content from HBO Max, to me I wouldn't want to cancel the service. WarnerMedia is going to watch for subscription bleedoff to determine if there are go-forward spin-offs to consider.

Plus, HBO Max is jammed with other content. I had no idea how entertaining The Flight Attendant or Search Party would be. The latter being a carry-over from TBS.

Even Warrior is a solid show that was a carry-over from Cinemax. Two seasons of solid action throughout the old American West that people are praying will land a third season.

So because WB is not extensively marketing Zack Snyder's Justice League, he is using any and all accounts that he can to promote the film. To include all his former film accounts on Facebook (300, Sucker Punch, Watchmen, BVS, etc.).

Now the trailer is above 24M hits and counting.

Zack Snyder would "love to see" Batman (Ben Affleck) versus Deathstroke (Joe Manganiello) after Zack Snyder's Justice League. Both actors returned for additional photography to complete the four-hour and R-rated Snyder Cut and would have gone head-to-head in the since-abandoned version of The Batman directed by Affleck, who stepped away from the DC Extended Universe when he retired the cape and cowl in 2019. But now that Batfleck returns in Zack Snyder's Justice League — and again opposite Ezra Miller and Michael Keaton's Batman in The Flash — Snyder wants the Bat-versus-blade promised by Affleck's never-made Batman standalone movie:

"I love Joe, he's great. I really would love to see those two go at it, that would be fun," Snyder told I Minutemen. "Who knows? We know that Ben's gonna be in The Flash movie, which is nice to see him [back as Batman]. It's trickling down, it's nice."

According to frequent Snyder collaborator and storyboard artist Jay Oliva, who tweeted support for the unmade movie in December, the Affleck-directed Batman would have "made fans proud."

"Look, I would love for Ben to make that Deathstroke movie. That would be amazing," Snyder previously told John Doe Movie Reviews. "I don't know that he's going to, or that they [studio Warner Bros.] want him to, but I would love for him to do it. That would be so cool. And Joe is amazing."

:wishluck:

Frustrating that WB are not promoting the film's availability outside of the US. I'm fairly confident it will be picked up here in the UK ready for release on 18th March, either VOD on Amazon Prime or to buy via Google Play where it's previously been hinted to land.

So many fans around the world are willing to pay for this, take their money you fools and then give us more!

1 hour ago, RickSp said:

Frustrating that WB are not promoting the film's availability outside of the US. I'm fairly confident it will be picked up here in the UK ready for release on 18th March, either VOD on Amazon Prime or to buy via Google Play where it's previously been hinted to land.

So many fans around the world are willing to pay for this, take their money you fools and then give us more!

Oh, that has already been announced I believe at least with Canada and I thought with the UK. Earlier in this thread. I'll take a look.