• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

I mean...that's kind of absurd. Leto's Joker has for sure been my least favorite Joker, and I would've been perfectly happy to never deal with him again.

Snyder managed to make him look good in that trailer from last Sunday. 2c

His appearance and performance in Suicide Squad was a huge let down.

14 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Wow! For every troll that ever made jokes about Snyder's daughter taking her life after watching his films, this goes to show how significant her death was to his life.

:(

For_Autum.PNG.993d5f20c2c52dc41fc664a59554c844.PNG

Honestly, this gives me an emotional reaction which immediately makes me think, "F^&* WB".

38 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Snyder managed to make him look good in that trailer from last Sunday. 2c

His appearance and performance in Suicide Squad was a huge let down.

Right--the trailer looked good, and this picture looks the opposite.

...after the big Snyder Cut hashtag trend of November 2019, Warner exec Toby Emmerich offered to release the rough cut with no extra work done on it which Snyder refused, saying he called him out that it would be the easiest way to cover Warner's backs so they could say "see, it does suck after all."

Initially, says Snyder, Warner Bros. just wanted to release the raw footage on his laptop. “I was like, ‘That’s a no, that’s a hard no,’” he says. “And they’re like, ‘But why? You can just put up the rough cut.’” Snyder didn’t trust their motivations. “I go, ‘Here’s why. Three reasons: One, you get the internet off your back, which is probably your main reason for wanting to do this. Two, you get to feel vindicated for making things right, I guess, on some level. And then three, you get a version of the movie that you can point at and go, ‘See? It’s not that good anyway. So maybe I was right.’ I was like, No chance. I would rather just have the Snyder cut be a mythical unicorn for all time.”

Seriously, WB? :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

How will WB measure if this is a success or not? The reason I ask is I'm curious if ZS will be allowed, if he wants to, to continue developing these characters/this universe further.

As a streaming release which also will have some form of theatrical release over time and a DVD/bluray release as well...

• Streaming enrollments
  • Streaming viewership
  • Theatrical results
  • Home theater sales via Digital, DVD, Bluray
  • Merchandising

18 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

As a streaming release which also will have some form of theatrical release over time and a DVD/bluray release as well...

• Streaming enrollments
  • Streaming viewership
  • Theatrical results
  • Home theater sales via Digital, DVD, Bluray
  • Merchandising

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

For_Autum02.PNG.e0495359a144150e8fac3c192c591cec.PNG

• Green Lantern?
  • Green Arrow?
  • Booster Gold?

:popcorn:

That’s funny, as I mentioned before I’m traveling for work and will have to watch JL on my iPad. With its 4:3 aspect ratio! So JL will be full screen with no black bars on top or bottom. And my guess is that Green Lantern will be the cameo doing something huge like palming the entire planet.

00AB16D7-261B-4FCE-940C-FD190D9D91B4.jpeg

I enjoyed that article, brings together a lot of various stories I’ve read pieces of elsewhere. It’s also giving some good exposure to the fact that even the studio know that JL in 2017 was trash.

Interesting that no one has been able to get any comments from the likes of whedon or johns or their representatives. Whedon is obviously finished and I know there’s a whole thread for that topic, but Johns in particular seems odd as he’s still a key figure in the comics world for DC so must have something to say on all this?

5 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Wow! For every troll that ever made jokes about Snyder's daughter taking her life after watching his films, this goes to show how significant her death was to his life.

:(

For_Autum.PNG.993d5f20c2c52dc41fc664a59554c844.PNG

I don’t really get that kind of hate for someone you’ve never met. I’ve really enjoyed some of his movies and others I just found ok. They sure didn’t make me wish death on his family members. Not sure how someone makes that jump.

12 minutes ago, FormerReader said:

I don’t really get that kind of hate for someone you’ve never met. I’ve really enjoyed some of his movies and others I just found ok. They sure didn’t make me wish death on his family members. Not sure how someone makes that jump.

So many times there are the ugliest references made to Snyder's daughter. To include celebrating her death.

Snyderhater200520.JPG.f559d096d01dd5e8c1f36e3d7ecad60d.JPG

Kid you not. This topic comes up regularly on social media. Which when I read articles noting how Snyder fanatics are toxic, it is years of posts like this that come up and get scrubbed by Twitter and Facebook so then later on you can't pull them up to prove why people are so harsh toward detractors.

Autumn_Snyder.PNG.5d83868b645ecf81240120652f2cbd1c.PNG

All because her father made movies someone didn't like. So you know - go toxic on him and his family.

:facepalm:

6 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Whoa! So both Christopher Nolan and Deborah Snyder saw the 2017 Justice League back then and agreed Zack should never see this cut. :whatthe:

Wish they would have told me not to see the Justice League that was released at theaters.