• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

Partnership with Footaction/Select Foot Locker Flagship Stores and The Heroes Among Us Fan Sweepstakes Announced

HBO Max has revealed new key art and consumer programs for the Max Original film ZACK SNYDER’S JUSTICE LEAGUE. The film will be made available worldwide in all markets day and date with the US HBO Max exclusive debut on THURSDAY, MARCH 18 (*with the exception of China, France and Japan, where the release dates are TBD). In addition, HBO Max announced a partnership with Footaction as well as The Heroes Among Us fan sweepstakes. 

HBO Max and Footaction & select Foot Locker flagship stores have come together to create a limited edition artist series of t-shirts to celebrate the upcoming premiere of ZACK SNYDER’S JUSTICE LEAGUE on March 18. Working with some of the biggest artists in the world of pop-culture today, including artists such as Rob Zilla, Tracy Ching & Yuko Shimizu, Zack Snyder is giving each artist the opportunity to create a unique interpretation of their favorite Justice League hero in their very own style. Starting on March 11th with Batman (designed by Jacob Rochester), Footaction and Foot Locker will be releasing a limited quantity of each character shirt for one day only exclusively on footaction.com and select Foot Locker flagship stores throughout fan appreciation week.

Artists and dates:

• 11th - BATMAN by JACOB ROCHESTER - @jacob_rochester
  • 12th - SUPERMAN by JEN BARTEL - @heyjenbartel
  • 13th - AQUAMAN by MATT TAYLOR - @matttaylordraws 
  • 14th - THE FLASH by ROB ZILLA - @rob_zilla_iii
  • 15th - WONDER WOMAN by YUKO SHIMIZU - @yukoart
  • 16th - CYBORG by TRACIE CHING - @tracieching 
  • 17th - DARKSEID by OLIVER BARRETT - @oliverbarrett

The new posters look pretty cool I guess but still the fairly standard figure line up. I think I prefer the 3 he dropped last month for the rise and fall of something new.

If I recall most of the theatrical posters were fairly bland (but I seem to have this issue with most movie posters these days and the generic floating head/figure style). I did appreciate the effort they made to replicate the Alex Ross painting though, that was a cool idea as his work is so iconic in the comics world.

5 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Alex Ross shared - on FB at least - a poster by ZS that mimics one of his own.

I actually never realized just how much Alex Ross inspired a lot of Snyder's shots. I know that Zack has done a lot more homages than I have recognized.

The 'Justice League' director is set to pick up the Valiant Award at a virtual awards ceremony on Friday.

The Hollywood Critics Association is set to give Zack Snyder its first-ever Valiant Award at the virtual 4th Annual HCA Film Awards ceremony on Friday.

"As a fan of Synder's ever since Dawn of the Dead, I couldn't be happier that we will be acknowledging his visionary filmmaking and resilience to overcome any obstacles," HCA chair Scott Menzel said in a statement on Wednesday.

Snyder, one of the biggest filmmakers in the superhero movie genre and the director of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and his upcoming cut of Justice League, is being honored for how he and his wife, Deborah Snyder, who is a producer on Justice League, responded to the death of their daughter, Autumn Snyder, by suicide in March 2017 at age 20.

"As someone whose own life was impacted due to suicide, I was extremely moved by how Zack and his wife and business partner Deborah turned their incommensurable pain into altruistic action, spearheading an effort that has helped countless individuals and families," HCA chair Ashley Menzel added in her own statement.

In December of 2020, Snyder and his fanbase helped raise over $500,000 dollars for the American Foundation of Suicide Prevention. To raise additional funds for the AFSP during the HCA Film Awards, the Hollywood critics association plans to purchase a host of Snyder's merchandise on the Ink to the People fundraising platform to give away on their social media channels during the ceremony.

Snyder is set to release his own cut of Justice League on March 18 on HBO Max. And the epic zombie action-thriller Army of the Dead, which he co-wrote with Shay Hatten and directed for Netflix, is set to launch on May 21.

Snyder is also producing the German language prequel of Army of the Dead for Netflix, as well as an animated series of the same name.

The 4th annual HCA Film Awards will stream virtually on March 5 on the official HCA Facebook page and YouTube Channel.

44 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

This image kinda plays into the, "all Snyder shots are too dark" trope. lol

11 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

Can we get some lens flare up in here?  I can't see diddly!

What the new image was showing when you blow it up is a very polished Cyborg body design

ZSJL_Cyborg.thumb.PNG.8acecb1bd843372f6aa494a29491a344.PNG

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

What the new image was showing when you blow it up is a very polished Cyborg body design

ZSJL_Cyborg.thumb.PNG.8acecb1bd843372f6aa494a29491a344.PNG

The Flash's suit is too dark, though. :( I wish Aquaman had his awesome one here, too, but the JL one isn't bad.

I said before that Cyborg looked good in what I assumed were Snyder scenes.

I've seen the film is split into 6 chapter titles. Do you think this means they actually come up as part of watching the movie? Similar to the way some of the Tarantino films have used chapters to break up scenes.

12 minutes ago, RickSp said:

I've seen the film is split into 6 chapter titles. Do you think this means they actually come up as part of watching the movie? Similar to the way some of the Tarantino films have used chapters to break up scenes.

I hope not. I'm hoping that they're akin to the way that locations are labeled, like in Civil War, or "Somewhere in the Indian Ocean" in BvS.

20 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Looks like they're gonna have actual title cards. :cry:

Spoiler

ebaaacbaf026d99c555e9ac02ea20f76.jpg

faadae91374e2633eacdaf71be891eca.jpg

0a9e4b56d408f14ddf1e0140b641c2a8.jpg

9c90c6f056fdebedcafe569c1131ec05.jpg

524916517ac52cea7f5aaf2c5bd4f8c7.jpg

95a6e910695dc5c4514a9beb9753afd9.jpg

I really wish WB Studios had received a swift kick in the pants and been told to break this up. It would have made for a fun experience to drive week-over-week discussions.

And knowing that trailer from the previous week was the intro credits, shame on WB for not supporting Snyder's vision for an HBO Max show release. He had everything lined up to support this.