• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

Zack Snyder's Justice League is going to end with a "massive cliffhanger," according to the director. Fans may recall that Snyder originally planned to release two Justice League movies. Warner Bros. scrapped the second film after Snyder left the first. Even now that he's completing the first movie -- something he didn't think would ever happen -- Snyder has chosen to keep the cliffhanger ending that would have set up his second Justice League movie that he has no plans to make when he releases the four-hour first film on HBO Max. Even on this point, Snyder refuses to compromise on the vision for his version of the Justice League movie.

"Well, it was meant to be two more movies," Snyder said during IGN Fan Fest. "It hints, as you would, at a potential other world. I'd plant the seeds as I had wanted to of what would come in the later films. That's in there, but as far as those stories that would be to come -- if ever that happened, which it does not look like it would -- but I think it's easy to speculate based on that and we can talk about that for quite a while."

Snyder then touched on the film's ending. He reiterated that "It is a cliffhanger … The movie ends in a massive cliffhanger, yeah."

I still think it’s great that while studios keep pushing their movies release dates back out of fear of losing a single dollar, Snyder’s early announcement was that we would get JL in 2021. Most of us assumed it would be at the end of the year and then he dropped the bomb on us. March. The man delivers.

26 minutes ago, Oddball said:

I still think it’s great that while studios keep pushing their movies release dates back out of fear of losing a single dollar, Snyder’s early announcement was that we would get JL in 2021. Most of us assumed it would be at the end of the year and then he dropped the bomb on us. March. The man delivers.

Yeah, I was expecting November. Absolutely floored with how early it's coming.

Really hoping that the rumors of the discs coming out next month are true.

13 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Yeah, I was expecting November. Absolutely floored with how early it's coming.

Really hoping that the rumors of the discs coming out next month are true.

That IGN fan event the other day delivered some updated news I was not expecting - Snyder still hasn't had it confirmed yet by WB when it will release a Snyder Cut disc/digital release.

Zack Snyder's Justice League includes a fifteen minute flashback centered around Ray Fisher's Victor Stone/Cyborg. When Joss Whedon took over from Snyder during post-production on the original 2017 Justice League, the character of Cyborg took a major hit. Whedon seemed to severely alter the character from what Snyder had originally intended, and Fisher came forward alleging abusive onset behavior from Whedon.

Since then, Fisher and Warner Bros. have been engaged in a lengthy and public battle about the 2017 Justice League reshoots. The allegations and subsequent backlash culminated in Fisher being removed from the upcoming DC Film The Flash. Fisher has made it clear that he no longer wishes to work in the DC Extended Universe while Walter Hamada, DC Film's current president, oversees the movies. Fisher has said, however, that he would be more than willing to work with Snyder again on a Justice League 2. The actor returned for the 2020 Justice League reshoots to help Snyder see his vision through.

Part of that vision included a more expansive backstory centered around Victor Stone. In a new interview, Zack Snyder's Justice League composer Junkie XL confirmed to TheFilmJunkee that the upcoming film will feature a lengthy flashback sequence centered around the character. Junkie XL wrote a track for the entire sequence called "Cyborg's Story." The composer also revealed the length of the track and the flashback scene featuring Cyborg: 15 minutes.

"So, Cyborg’s past is really troubling as well. His section in the movie is called Cyborg’s Story and it’s basically a 15-minute scene where we see what his backstory is and where he’s from and what happened to him."