• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your favourite drawing of "_____" Character
4 4

178 posts in this topic

On 11/23/2022 at 8:57 AM, Nate Hartz said:

Barry Windsor Smith Wolverine.

I love this cover so much I had a recreation of it made. cover.thumb.jpg.9632f3ea8d29adfac6df26491f7ab8ac.jpg

xm205.jpg

That's a stunning recreation!

On 11/23/2022 at 11:39 AM, Nate Hartz said:

I know I was blown away by it. The original has millions of little details and he did an amazing job.

Who was the artist? I mean, I keep coming back to look at it - the detail work and adherence to BWS's style is practically flawless.

On 11/23/2022 at 12:07 PM, Nate Hartz said:

Greg Woronchak. He did this for me as well.

wolf.jpg

I kinda forgot the storyline in #205, when you put up that splash, I remembered how much I liked the story and Wolvie's interaction with that little girl from Power Pack.

On 11/23/2022 at 1:11 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I kinda forgot the storyline in #205, when you put up that splash, I remembered how much I liked the story and Wolvie's interaction with that little girl from Power Pack.

It was the very first comic I ever bought. I walked into a grocery store on a family vacation and immediately fell in love with the cover. My copy of that issue was so beat up because I read it so much. I still pick up that issue whenever I find it in a shop if I see it.

On 11/23/2022 at 12:15 PM, Nate Hartz said:

It was the very first comic I ever bought. I walked into a grocery store on a family vacation and immediately fell in love with the cover. My copy of that issue was so beat up because I read it so much. I still pick up that issue whenever I find it in a shop if I see it.

That era of X-Men is right around the time I started reading (I think my first issue of X-Men I bought with my own money was around the 190s) and to this day is my favorite era to re-read. Super nostalgic.

On 12/11/2020 at 3:17 AM, D2 said:

Cyclops and Jean Grey:

d8b623d8ac9b1ccfee05e75fc12a3763.jpg

This is easily one of my top 5 favourite shots of the pair, maybe even my favourite, but there's one thing that majorly bugs me: Jean's fingers. Why are they so looong? Look at her ring finger and pinkie on her right hand. Are they balloon fingers? 

On 11/23/2022 at 4:01 PM, Cat said:

This is easily one of my top 5 favourite shots of the pair, maybe even my favourite, but there's one thing that majorly bugs me: Jean's fingers. Why are they so looong? Look at her ring finger and pinkie on her right hand. Are they balloon fingers? 

Oh nooooo

I never noticed that, but you’re right. Even with the illusion that her hand is closer I the viewer, that thumb looks, lol, like a balloon. An apt analogy. 

On 11/25/2022 at 4:07 PM, D2 said:

Oh nooooo

I never noticed that, but you’re right. Even with the illusion that her hand is closer I the viewer, that thumb looks, lol, like a balloon. An apt analogy. 

Sorry for ruining your favourite image of the pair. :eek:

On 11/25/2022 at 1:07 AM, D2 said:

Oh nooooo

Just try to look at it like she’s wearing a pair of those dishwashing gloves that were too big for her (shrug)

image.thumb.jpeg.442873a8eb20c865fd7d25f378355576.jpeg

On 11/23/2022 at 4:01 PM, Cat said:

Maybe he went to the Dali school of finger design :tonofbricks:

On 11/23/2022 at 7:07 PM, Nate Hartz said:

Greg Woronchak. He did this for me as well.

wolf.jpg

Very, very nice.

I actually prefer later period BWS art to his earlier Bronze Age material.