• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Whitman Thread
15 15

615 posts in this topic

On 9/27/2023 at 4:14 PM, Brock said:

Maybe I'll call in @bellrules and @Warlord to see if they can add anything here...

Bellrules may be the greatest hunter of rare Whitmans out there. I think he has a time machine, and keeps going back to 1980 to find them.

I can't add any info regarding the issues in question.  My collection holds only BBvUS #s 1-8.  All are Gold Key editions.  I've never pursued Whitman over GK in most of my Disney titles collecting, nor have I ever specifically searched for BBvUS #s 9-12.

So I went through my rare Whitman boxes and I did not store the Beagle Boys issues with the rest of these so they are mixed into the rest of the collection. ( I didn’t think they were correctly classified as 8-80 to 12-80 rare Whitmans) Unfortunately I can’t do much lifting at this point so I cannot dig them out but I did find a pic I sent a friend at the time I picked them up.  (Looks like there were only two copies) I also found a pic of a sealed pack that contained beagle boys 12 Whitman. It came with Donald Duck 221 which is a rare Whitman from 1980. 

IMG_0265.jpeg

IMG_0262.jpeg

Big THANK YOU for all the information I have renewed ambition for the hunt (you have a buyer if you want to unload one of those copies) for 11 and mycomicbookshop has sold copies of 10 so both are really out there and since issue 12 was with issue 221 there not bagged together as a series again thanks for all the support and fast responses 🤩 well done 

On 9/28/2023 at 11:32 AM, Williamtt said:

Big THANK YOU for all the information I have renewed ambition for the hunt (you have a buyer if you want to unload one of those copies) for 11 and mycomicbookshop has sold copies of 10 so both are really out there and since issue 12 was with issue 221 there not bagged together as a series again thanks for all the support and fast responses 🤩 well done 

Funniest thing just happened. Since I’m off work at the moment due to I jury, decided to hop into my Time Machine and check out a shop I usually avoid and found this. It’s yours for the selling price (plus shipping) if you want it. (There was no #10 unfortunately) PM me if you do. 

IMG_0291.jpeg

On 9/29/2023 at 12:04 PM, bellrules said:

Funniest thing just happened. Since I’m off work at the moment due to I jury, decided to hop into my Time Machine and check out a shop I usually avoid and found this. It’s yours for the selling price (plus shipping) if you want it. (There was no #10 unfortunately) PM me if you do. 

IMG_0291.jpeg

Even if I'm not the person you offered it to, I want to thank you for making the offer.  It's the sort of high class act that makes this hobby and these forums so enjoyable.  Thank you!

On 9/29/2023 at 3:04 PM, bellrules said:

IMG_0291.jpeg

I told you he was the magical Whitman finder...

If you say the name of a scarce Whitman issue three times into a mirror, @bellrules will find a copy.