• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turnaround times continually increasing
1 1

149 posts in this topic

I a new a new member to this website!! I demand my cards be graded and get back to me via overnight when I only paid for Economy!! 

Please dont Ban me!!! Its just a joke!!!! 
I am new to all the grading stuff! I just know when the day gets here and my cards are returned me!! Thats going to be an amazing day!!!!

Keep up the great work CGC and the chat board admins!!!

33 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

U guys are some funny guys. Most likely working for this company lol. If ur given a tat u expect it around that or give or take a week. If ur job tells u they gonna pay u next week and next week comes and they say another day u would be mad right. These are jus discussions everyone is open to talk about. If ur happy and ok with things, perfect in glad for u but doesn't mean anyone is wrong for wanting closer to what they expected

Im not employed by anyone. And mad? Dude, they are childrens cards, not your pay check. You can sit around and complain until your face turns blue, but thats not going to change reality. 

22 minutes ago, hellraizer87 said:

I a new a new member to this website!! I demand my cards be graded and get back to me via overnight when I only paid for Economy!! 

Please dont Ban me!!! Its just a joke!!!! 
I am new to all the grading stuff! I just know when the day gets here and my cards are returned me!! Thats going to be an amazing day!!!!

Keep up the great work CGC and the chat board admins!!!

You're good! lol

2 hours ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Im not employed by anyone. And mad? Dude, they are childrens cards, not your pay check. You can sit around and complain until your face turns blue, but thats not going to change reality. 

Exactly, but doesn't matter what its for. When u order something and they say u will get it in 2 weeks. But 2 months passes by, are u happy and ok or are u checking tracking and calling looking for what u paid for. These cards are for my kid thats been waiting and all I can tell them is keep waiting because they are not ready. Kids don't understand that they can jus keep extending stuff with no problem and we are forced to accept it

Think of it this way, CGC slabs are increasing in value so much that CGC is getting even more people into the hobby!
hence more customers.

I gotta say I absolutely love the consistent grading CGC has. It's very accurate, just in my opinion.
And if the slightly longer turnaround time (but not too much) allows the graders enough time
to give us the proper grade a card needs, then i'm all for it.

btw is CGC increasing their workforce?

5 hours ago, Sp33dy said:

Exactly, but doesn't matter what its for. When u order something and they say u will get it in 2 weeks. But 2 months passes by, are u happy and ok or are u checking tracking and calling looking for what u paid for. These cards are for my kid thats been waiting and all I can tell them is keep waiting because they are not ready. Kids don't understand that they can jus keep extending stuff with no problem and we are forced to accept it

But.... they never said that. Lol. 

I must have been reading the wrong chart because all the TATs I saw said “estimated”, as in “subject to change”.

I love how anyone who says anything about TAT gets flamed by people... I think CGC Staff needs to clean up their forums. If you have a opinion aka (Review) / Question. And someone Disagrees with it personally not in the position. You get flamed/trolled by 3-4 of the same people. I can name them if you want. @Matt G @PaulS.

Edited by ShiningCollectibles

1 hour ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

I love how anyone who says anything about TAT gets flamed by people... I think CGC Staff needs to clean up their forums. If you have a opinion aka (Review) / Question. And someone Disagrees with it personally not in the position. You get flamed/trolled by 3-4 of the same people. I can name them if you want. @Matt G @PaulS.

You don't what what trolling is? :facepalm:

We're explaining to you, what you obviously don't understand, so that people like Matt and Paul don't have to waste their time. The same thing has already been complained about ad nauseam. Paul already professionally addressed the issue.

Don't cry wolf.

Edited by Angel of Death

7 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

You don't what what trolling is? :facepalm:

We're explaining to you, what you obviously don't understand, so that people like Matt and Paul don't have to waste their time. The same thing has already been complained about ad nauseam. Paul already professionally addressed the issue.

Don't cry wolf.

Or maybe just don't write if it isn't anything in a professional manner. Because you are wasting peoples time and creating drama. You are doing nothing more than stirring stuff up for your own entertainment rather than helping people who are upset about an issue. I mean this isn't suppose to be a (REDDIT) thread... It is a business. I mean if you had a kid you would understand if your kid was asking you every day when there cards were going to be back. You kept telling them very soon or in a week or two. Just for that to keep moving forward. It would be stressful. I understand that I have a daughter.

3 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Or maybe just don't write if it isn't anything in a professional manner. Because you are wasting peoples time and creating drama. You are doing nothing more than stirring stuff up for your own entertainment rather than helping people who are upset about an issue. I mean this isn't suppose to be a (REDDIT) thread... It is a business.

That's hypocritical, and nonsense, considering that this isn't my profession.

Correction: I am informing you of what and why, because you (and others) clearly do not understand without help, despite the fact that CGC has already commented on this issue.

The CGC Chat Boards are not a business. It's a private forum that happens to be hosted by the company. They could shut it down today and be no worse for the wear.

Genuinely confused why this is still an issue. I’ll just go ahead and excuse myself from the conversation. Have a good day lads. Hope your stuff gets graded soon. 

Edited by C2N0

These guys go for bat for cgc everyday because more and more ppl.come here after their sub has already turned double to triple the original tat. Tat is a estimation. But jus like all other things. U take ur car to fix and they say its gonna be around 50 to fix and u say ok let's do it. And then they finish and say it's 300. U freak out and they say relax the other price was estimation and this is the true cost. These dummies are not gonna be ok with it, they would be mad jus like anyone else. And did u check out the increase again today. Lol. Another day another increase

19 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

I love how relaying facts is now "going to bat". lol

That's not how it works. :eyeroll:

Your facts are actually opinions. In your reality lol Maybe, instead of baiting people who are upset you go and try to calm them down / lend them a helping hand. Because ganging up on people aka (sp33dy) this time over factual problems isn't a good look for this community. I am waiting to see the business days hit 100+ @Sp33dy

3 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Your facts are actually opinions. In your reality lol Maybe, instead of baiting people who are upset you go and try to calm them down / lend them a helping hand. Because ganging up on people aka (sp33dy) this time over factual problems isn't a good look for this community. 

That's incorrect. Facts don't care about feelings. The fact that TATs go up by scale depending on tier submissions has nothing to do with anyone's impatient children. The information provided is factual and has no basis of opinion.

3 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

That's incorrect. Facts don't care about feelings. The fact that TATs go up by scale depending on tier submissions has nothing to do with anyone's impatient children. The information provided is factual and has no basis of opinion.

TATs go up because of lack of workers / time people are grading / increased production... Someone who constantly trolls/baits people on threads really isn't helping the business overall. It just looks bad for the community as a whole. I mean many businesses will hire less workers to get the biggest bang for their buck. I can imagine that is why the time increases keep happening. Another thing that worries me is that the way the system is set-up literally could delay peoples cards in lower tiers for years or longer if they get constant submissions on the higher tiers. Which is why their system is literally broken. The information you provide 90% of the time is your opinion of how you feel other people are acting. When you are not putting yourself in their shoes through their perspective. 

Just now, ShiningCollectibles said:

TATs go up because of lack of workers / time people are grading / increased production... Someone who constantly trolls/baits people on threads really isn't helping the business overall. It just looks bad for the community as a whole. I mean many businesses will hire less workers to get the biggest bang for their buck. I can imagine that is why the time increases keep happening. Another thing that worries me is that the way the system is set-up literally could delay peoples cards in lower tiers for years or longer if they get constant submissions on the higher tiers. Which is why their system is literally broken. 

You use these words, but they do not mean what you think they mean.

That's incorrect. Do you know what looks bad for the community as a whole? People creating 10 threads to complain about TATs when CGC has already publicly commented on the issue. The people responding to put out the fire are not a problem; All they're doing is being informative. Crying wolf also makes the community look immature.

Their system is not broken. If you were paying attention to when Paul posted, you wouldn't be spreading this blatant misinformation. Those kinds of statements are what factual people like me have to debunk, for the greater good of the community.

10 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

You use these words, but they do not mean what you think they mean.

That's incorrect. Do you know what looks bad for the community as a whole? People creating 10 threads to complain about TATs when CGC has already publicly commented on the issue. The people responding to put out the fire are not a problem; All they're doing is being informative. Crying wolf also makes the community look immature.

Their system is not broken. If you were paying attention to when Paul posted, you wouldn't be spreading this blatant misinformation. Those kinds of statements are what factual people like me have to debunk, for the greater good of the community.

We agree to disagree, you sound like the biggest suck - up ever xD Anyone with a brain would read what he wrote above and his example about the car shop estimating a car being 50 dollars and it being 300 dollars. That is a perfect example of what is happening. It is a horrible look for someone doing their first submission like myself. And you say I use these words but I do know what the words I say mean. I wonder at times if you actually do. Hopefully one day you can take your time to help people instead of trolling/baiting people in posts. This is my last post because I am done talking to a wall. 

Just now, ShiningCollectibles said:

We agree to disagree, you sound like the biggest suck - up ever xD Anyone with a brain would read what he read above and his example about the car shop estimating a car being 50 dollars and it being 300 dollars. That is a perfect example of what is happening. It is a horrible look for someone doing their first submission like myself. And you say I use these words but I do know what the words I say mean. I wonder at times if you actually do. Hopefully one day you can take your time to help people instead of trolling/baiting people in posts. This is my last post because I am done talking to a wall. 

If relaying facts makes someone a "suck-up", then I'm the biggest one that there is. I love being factual instead of irrational.

Anyone with a brain would read what he wrote above and his example about the, "car shop estimating a car being 50 dollars and it being 300 dollars", and immediately notice the false equivalence.

Please educate yourself on what a "troll" and "baiting" are. Replying with factual information does not fall under the definition of either term.