• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turnaround times continually increasing
1 1

149 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Easy solution take care of current orders before going to orders that came after.... Until you can catch up don't take new orders! It is like purposely denying your current customers.

They are hiring. If you think you can do better, then you can move to sarasota and prove us all wrong....

10 minutes ago, J-KComics said:

True but I'm not a Karen haha lol 

Sure your not. And im an astronaut whos typing this while floating around in my spaceship near mars....

Nothing is stopping you from going to work there and turning things around if your so certain that you can do better. Or you can just keep making topics 24/7 about how tat's keep extending. Your life.

On 3/3/2021 at 4:34 PM, PokemanDude90 said:

I am getting my final Bulk submission ready to mail out tomorrow, and I am prepared to not get it back this year. 

The writing is on the wall: CGC's natural exponential growth + the mass exodus from PSA + slabbing any card at $9/card is guaranteed profit + stimulus checks + booming card market = you are going to WISH Bulk was still only 4 months here very shortly. 

Or you can just keep complaining on here and we can all come back in a month and laugh. 

Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. 111 days for Bulk now.

I don't even know if a Bulk price increase will help. Demand is just too high and CGC is well on their way to becoming the Pokemon community standard. Although I think CGC should make sub-grades mandatory (thus making Bulk $16/card), and they should have done so from the beginning. This might deflect some Bulk to competitors or deter some lower tier cards from being graded. It also gives the brand some consistency, and I think long-term sub-grades will be viewed as somewhat mandatory by the community.

But what do I know.... the only thing I do know is $9/card is seen as free tendies. 

I have one order that shipped back today and 2more still received. I’ll probably be done sending cards in for a while, I’ll just go back to ripping packs for fun and collecting in the meantime. I can’t imagine what the TATs will be when I submit my next order 😂 

I sent in a huge bulk order today and will continue to send them in. TaTs are estimates as it states. If you truly have the impatience to wait for your cards to be graded and come back - pay the extra express fee. If you're too cheap to, enjoy the great pricing CGC offers and hush up :)

19 hours ago, William-James88 said:

That's fine. Hopefully the upset people take their business elsewhere and the lower TATs for those sticking around. You aren't forced to keep using CGC. If you want to keep using CGC (after knowing this), then this is what you'll have to put up with. Your choice. And I don't just mean you, I mean that to everyone reading. I made my choice of sending my comics to CGC rather than CBCS for instance  and I don't expect them back for 6 months.

Also:

image.thumb.png.2df8956b4fb97f702ff94c64e73ff190.png

I'll tell you Just like I told others, An estimate is an approximate guess which is close to the tat. It doesn't mean to keep extending it indefinitely. A tat sets expectations and if you can't meet that expectation then get rid of the tat like psa did. They literally just bumped up the tat for bulk/economy again from 65 to 100+. if you're happy with your service from them then great but don't come on here telling others how to feel. 

9 minutes ago, johnnyms said:

I'll tell you Just like I told others, An estimate is an approximate guess which is close to the tat. It doesn't mean to keep extending it indefinitely. A tat sets expectations and if you can't meet that expectation then get rid of the tat like psa did. They literally just bumped up the tat for bulk/economy again from 65 to 100+. if you're happy with your service from them then great but don't come on here telling others how to feel. 

Exactly these ppl don't want any 1 to have a thought. Jus to accept their thoughts because it makes them.better. its unfair that I've had 4 diff est tat. They shouldn't keep switching times. They should fix what has been done, maybe not prioritizing 40 exp before 1 bulk. And come on, bulk and economy literally the same time when economy and standard jus 7$ diff. Thats disrespectful 

I sent bulk cards in December 11th (received), when reported estimated turnaround time was 30 business days.  They have had them for well over 60 business days.  Reported estimated turnaround time is now over 110 days.

When should I expect my cards back, realistically?  Are my cards getting closer to getting graded every day, or further from getting graded every day?  It's like going to target to get a PS5, being 3rd in line, and the 2 people in front of me keep letting 'friends' get in line with them if they give them and extra few $$ well after the fact.  At this point I would gladly pay CGC an extra $100 to let my cards (or even just certain ones) that they've had for 3 months jump into economy or higher, instead of having people send things in 3 months after me get theirs back first because they got to see the increase in wait times and had the opportunity to take advantage of the 'quicker' times in the higher tiers.

1 minute ago, Holku said:

I sent bulk cards in December 11th (received), when reported estimated turnaround time was 30 business days.  They have had them for well over 60 business days.  Reported estimated turnaround time is now over 110 days.

When should I expect my cards back, realistically?  Are my cards getting closer to getting graded every day, or further from getting graded every day?  It's like going to target to get a PS5, being 3rd in line, and the 2 people in front of me keep letting 'friends' get in line with them if they give them and extra few $$ well after the fact.  At this point I would gladly pay CGC an extra $100 to let my cards (or even just certain ones) that they've had for 3 months jump into economy or higher, instead of having people send things in 3 months after me get theirs back first because they got to see the increase in wait times and had the opportunity to take advantage of the 'quicker' times in the higher tiers.

They are working on first week of december right now so probably soon. I been getting standard orders back each month so its not like nothing is getting worked on.

Keep in mind too that cgc did lower standard turnarounds at one point, which means these increased turnaround times are conservative. People that have been getting december bulk back only waited 60 something out of the original 79 business days. My standard order was originally 30 business days but ended up being 23 i got it back in.

Everything is coming back at some point. Just have to be patient. Some people wanna freak out and work themselves up over first world problems for no reason. Its just a waste of time to do so. 

4 hours ago, johnnyms said:

Look everyone matty is a rational mature adult who doesn't cry about his pokemon cards. Good for you bud we're all proud. 

Most people who do not complain about their cards for a super extended period of time do not hold a value to those cards. If it was their 1st edition base set Charizard they would feel totally different. Many people have their Valued cards their right now and it is like their possessions are being withheld for extremely extended periods of time past the estimation dates over and over again. 

9 hours ago, Holku said:

This is an excellent point. The advantage of the higher tiers wasn't really there time wise, so it wasn't worth it. Now it is. Maybe that's why they did it? Just squeezing every penny out while they can. I sent them cards BECAUSE IT WAS FASTER THAN PSA. I have bulk pokesubs at psa as well. I primarily use PSA and figured I could give cgc a chance, resubmit them to psa if I didn't like it. If I had known what they would go on to do... there would have been 0 reason for me to send them anything. Might as well let PSA hold my cards for 8 months, if cgc was going to do the same thing, and the submission cost me MORE with cgc...