• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3/5/2021 - Nominating nocutename for the Probation List
5 5

286 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

If you think that, then you must also think that this whole thing would be worth while over 5 cents (looking at you and your dirty comic, Jimmers! xD).

And if you say, yes, I would be just as upset over 5 cents as I would over $1000, well, okay, that's fine.  

I wouldn't be just as upset over 5 cents as I would over $1,000.......but I would agree that both would be probation worthy.

If someone clearly and legitimately owes a seller 5 cents due to their own actions......and refuses to pay it.......and has demonstrated that type of blatant disregard to other sellers repeatedly......do people really want that person in here participating in the buy/sell threads?  

Really?????

17 minutes ago, Bio-Rupp said:

I understand your point but there is nothing in the probation rules that states a $12 transaction isn't "worthy". 

I do realize that is just your opinion and others should know that by now as well.

Her taking the merch off the sales floor a week before the sale ended also means there is a possibility I could have sold it to someone else, thereby depriving me the benefit  of making money from it.  Similar to the Rick issue, just less. A lot less, but the possibility of loss still remains doesn't it?  It can't sell if it's not available to sell.

Two board posts, one from 2007, the other from 2011 concerning PL nominations.

1) The 30 day rule specifically states "transactions" btw board members.  It doesn't state $1 or $1,000 transactions...just transactions.

2) The first post from 2007 start of a probationary thread is based solely on unpaid :takeit:.  It does not provide a monetary amount to rise to for it to be valid.

This is what I go by and what I follow.

I agree 100% with you that both the  Comical situation and the nocutename could have resulted in better outcomes.

Do you know what they had in common?

Both took no responsibility for their posted :takeit:'s...and TOLD me what they were going to do. 

I wasn't asked anything in either of these cases.  Neither wanted to discuss options.

I just don't play that game...especially when I go to great lengths to make sure everyone knows the sales thread terms.  

If both would have taken a different approach instead of the  "IM THE BUYER, IM RIGHT" route...then I can guarantee to you I would have GLADLY worked with them both, and we wouldn't be here now. ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

Screenshot_20210307-191429.png

Screenshot_20210307-191518.png

How many times do I have to say this.

If you move forward with your PL nomination then she should rightfully be placed on the list. She did not follow through on an agreed transaction. Open and shut. Done.

Separate and apart from the above, I think YOU are ridiculous for moving to have someone added to the probation list over $12 when she told you before shipping that she no longer wanted it.

This is not complicated. You are technically right, but also ridiculous! (thumbsu

1 minute ago, Red84 said:

If you move forward with your PL nomination then she should rightfully be placed on the list. She did not follow through on an agreed transaction. Open and shut. Done.

Separate and apart from the above, I think YOU are ridiculous for moving to have someone added to the probation list over $12 when she told you before shipping that she no longer wanted it.

This is not complicated. You are technically right, but also ridiculous! (thumbsu

I fully respect your opinion.

That said, I promise to fully support any valid nominations you bring here regardless of the amount.

I will respect your decision to do that, and no matter what, I promise not to call you ridiculous for doing so.  That I can promise you.:foryou:

That being said, I hope no one backs out of any sale with you for any amount because it sucks to have to defend yourself for being screwed over...even if it's the unimportant amount of $12. :|

xxx ooo

Rupp

Put her on the list and be done.

$12 or $12,000

She isn't paying, and has told Rupp to go ahead, put her on the list and pound sand.

It's done.

Put her on, and move on.

If she wants to get off the list when she calms down - it will cost her $12.

I don't see why there is any delay here.  

It's not like there are cheques involved......  :shy:

Edited by Beige

Part of me is kind of shocked at how intense some of you are about this.  But then, you've probably been dealing with this longer than I have.  @Domo Arigato, respectfully, I disagree with you over the 5 cents and $1000 consideration but I get that the whole thing is to keep people from behaving poorly on this forum.  Especially when it comes to transactions.

FWIW, I once got taken for $800 on these boards.  It really sucked (especially because the book in question is worth $4,000+ now).  I don't want to get into the specifics of that event.  I only bring it up to say, I do respect the community holding people accountable.  There are some bad actors on these boards and I suppose all moves to clean it up are worthwhile.

5 minutes ago, Red84 said:

We are all different and will see this differently and we're all welcome to our opinion and if this comes to a vote we all have a vote.  That you want to ignore this is a good indication that you're a kind person.  

Ignore the dollar amount and focus on her pattern of problems and her posts.  She's essentially gone into the candy store, eaten $12 worth of candy without paying and then started screaming at the store owner and calling him a thief and dared him to call the cops.  She has serious issues and the probation list is the most effective way to warn future sellers.

1 minute ago, Randall Dowling said:

Part of me is kind of shocked at how intense some of you are about this.  But then, you've probably been dealing with this longer than I have.  @Domo Arigato, respectfully, I disagree with you over the 5 cents and $1000 consideration but I get that the whole thing is to keep people from behaving poorly on this forum.  Especially when it comes to transactions.

FWIW, I once got taken for $800 on these boards.  It really sucked (especially because the book in question is worth $4,000+ now).  I don't want to get into the specifics of that event.  I only bring it up to say, I do respect the community holding people accountable.  There are some bad actors on these boards and I suppose all moves to clean it up are worthwhile.

Whew $800 is a hard pill to swallow.

Sorry that happened to you.

xxx ooo

Rupp

3 minutes ago, Beige said:

Put her on the list and be done.

Wait......what?.......shouldn't we have a discussion about this first?

3 minutes ago, Beige said:

She isn't paying, and has told Rupp to go ahead, put her on the list and pound sand.

Lucky guy!

MyComicShop only got a "Go fist yourself". :frown:

1 minute ago, Domo Arigato said:

Lucky guy!

I CHOOSE THE SAND lol

2 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Lucky guy!

Silly me :bigsmile:

10 pages aren't enough?

1978428438_giphy(1).gif.b02d2dcecb96b776033e789abfe5a31d.gif

3 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

Wow......sorry to hear about the $800 incident. :frown:

And I do understand why some some of you are hesitant for a small amount.  But as you touched on, I think some feel it's really about keeping this place from turning into another eBay or Facebook fiasco.  Here, people are held more accountable.  An "I'll take it" is binding and expected to be followed through on.....or there is a consequence.  As has been mentioned though, it's by no means a permanent consequence.  Especially in this instance it would be an easy fix.

The fact that this isn't the first instance of this type of negative behavior towards sellers doesn't help the buyer either.

10 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

We are all different and will see this differently and we're all welcome to our opinion and if this comes to a vote we all have a vote.  That you want to ignore this is a good indication that you're a kind person.  

Ignore the dollar amount and focus on her pattern of problems and her posts.  She's essentially gone into the candy store, eaten $12 worth of candy without paying and then started screaming at the store owner and calling him a thief and dared him to call the cops.  She has serious issues and the probation list is the most effective way to warn future sellers.

Actually, no candy was eaten in this situation. She didn't take or accept any goods.

5 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Wow......sorry to hear about the $800 incident. :frown:

And I do understand why some some of you are hesitant for a small amount.  But as you touched on, I think some feel it's really about keeping this place from turning into another eBay or Facebook fiasco.  Here, people are held more accountable.  An "I'll take it" is binding and expected to be followed through on.....or there is a consequence.  As has been mentioned though, it's by no means a permanent consequence.  Especially in this instance it would be an easy fix.

The fact that this isn't the first instance of this type of negative behavior towards sellers doesn't help the buyer either.

And because this place is not eBay or Facebook I also expect sellers to behave differently as well. For example, letting it slide when someone didn't pay you $12 for a book instead of trying to force them to move forward with the purchase. But that's just me.

I wouldn't ask for that accommodation. I would pay for what I purchased. 

6 minutes ago, Red84 said:

Actually, no candy was eaten in this situation. She didn't take or accept any goods.

She did break two commitments to a forum seller though.

She committed to purchase a book and pay for the shipping......which she broke.

Then she committed to purchase the book and have it donated to someone else......which she also broke.

Just now, Domo Arigato said:

She did break two commitments to a forum seller though.

She committed to purchase a book and pay for the shipping......which she broke.

Then she committed to purchase the book and have it donated to someone else......which she also broke.

That doesn’t matter because it’s only $12 :baiting: