• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

740 posts in this topic

On 6/9/2022 at 5:54 AM, Ken Aldred said:
On 6/8/2022 at 9:34 PM, Transplant said:

Ordered GOTG and Cyberpunk today. 

As a comics fan you should be happy with the Guardians game. It’s good.

Have to say, 100% agree.  GOTG is a really fun game.  Great, if slightly non-canon, story and writing.  Was a blast to play through.  Wasn't a short game, but not overly long.  If anything, would have wanted more to be there just bc it was a good time.  

On 7/13/2022 at 4:57 AM, Cat said:

6c4FLiZ.thumb.png.a8c38d164d7596f40824a4e792606db8.png

That’s quite competent by their standards. I’ve seen some glitches that look as if the figure is being spaghettified by a black hole.

On 7/26/2022 at 3:30 PM, Galen130 said:

What is THAT?? lol

BTW, Stray was fun, but I stopped working on getting Platinum. 

A mod I’ve just seen in a news article.

I need to update my rig to play Stray. So want to play that game. 

And for Retro gamers, the TMNT Cowabunga Collection (contains 13 games!) now has a release date: August 30th.

On 7/26/2022 at 3:45 PM, szav said:

Nice planned on getting it tonight and was going to ask if anyone had tried it.  It’s gotten amazing reviews and looks like something the kids might like to watch dad play a little.  I did read it was a bit short though, maybe only 10 hours of gameplay.  Hope that’s not true, but love the idea and look of it.

It is very short. I imagine doing a trophy complete run might take 10 hours, but by the looks of it, it can be run through in 4 hours, no problem 

On 7/26/2022 at 3:45 PM, szav said:

Nice planned on getting it tonight and was going to ask if anyone had tried it.  It’s gotten amazing reviews and looks like something the kids might like to watch dad play a little.  I did read it was a bit short though, maybe only 10 hours of gameplay.  Hope that’s not true, but love the idea and look of it.

On 7/26/2022 at 3:48 PM, The Meta said:

It is very short. I imagine doing a trophy complete run might take 10 hours, but by the looks of it, it can be run through in 4 hours, no problem 

Took me 9 hours and 15 minutes because I like exploring.  I did go back to pick up a few collectibles I missed, but if you talk to everyone throughout the first play through, you’ll find little side missions…sort of.  I did some trophy hunting afterwards, but stopped short of going for the platinum.  I enjoyed it…so did our downstairs cat.  Her ears would twitch when I made the stray meow. lol

Who's the resident Lego guy around here that always gives good insight into these upcoming sets.....was it @Buzzetta?

Anyway.....saw this and thought it was appropriate for the thread.

LEGO releasing Atari 2600 video game console set

The Atari 2600 is back – as a LEGO set. 

LEGO announced last week that it will be releasing a recreation of the popular video game console on Aug. 1 for $239.99.  The LEGO Atari 2600 set is based on the four-switch revision of the Atari 2600, which was released in 1980, three years after the original console was released in 1977, according to a press release from LEGO. 

Customers who buy the new LEGO set will be able to build their own Atari 2600 game console with features including a controller with a joystick that is supposed to feel just like the original, the release said.  When it’s built, the LEGO Atari 2600 opens in the front to show a pop-up scene from a 1980s gaming room, according to the release.  The set also includes brick versions of three iconic video game cartridges: Asteroids, Adventure and Centipede, the release said.

The set has 2,532 pieces and is recommended for people who are 18 or older. When it’s built, the LEGO Atari 2600 is over 3 inches high, 13 inches wide and 8.5 inches deep, according to the product description.  LEGO is releasing the new set in honor of Atari's 50th anniversary, according to the release.  

The LEGO Atari 2600 was designed by Chris McVeigh, a lifelong Atari fan, the release said.  "The Atari 2600 was one of the most memorable gifts I got as a kid," McVeigh said in a statement. "I recall spending hours and hours in front of the TV, absolutely amazed that I could play arcade games in my own home."  

"This is why it has been such an incredible experience to bring two icons together, Atari and LEGO, in this awesome set," McVeigh added. "We hope that building this classic console takes you back to those halcyon days when a handful of pixels meant a world of adventure."

The LEGO Atari 2600 will be released on Aug. 1 and available for purchase on the LEGO website. 

Lego1a.jpg.b778f05550baa55dcabbd0072a898657.jpg

Lego2a.jpg.43a870d24cc63f8bbd1f2e62047d3071.jpg

Lego3a.jpg.0380d2b9995a88d11fb9f739a6461c05.jpg

The set also comes with three iconic video game cartridges: Asteroids, Adventure and Centipede. 

Lego4a.jpg.75b89c1aa5dd7077c610feb4ec31943d.jpg

Each cartridge can be stored in a case, or built into mini versions of each game.

Lego5a.jpg.085a9dad591de5f4e1eea3f2b1acdb62.jpg

The LEGO Atari 2600 even opens at the front to reveal a scene inspired by a 1980s video gaming room. 

On 7/26/2022 at 10:45 PM, szav said:

I did read it was a bit short though, maybe only 10 hours of gameplay.  Hope that’s not true, but love the idea and look of it.

It’s a short game, but compensated for by being released at a budget price. In theory, anyway, as Amazon U.K. had the upcoming PS 5 version on pre-order for £35, which is a bit of a gouge. I’ll wait, despite being a cat person.

On 7/26/2022 at 10:52 PM, Galen130 said:

.  I enjoyed it…so did our downstairs cat.  Her ears would twitch when I made the stray meow. lol

I’ve heard that. I’ll have to check in the morning whether my controllers have moved mysteriously during the night.

On 7/28/2022 at 2:07 AM, Domo Arigato said:

Who's the resident Lego guy around here that always gives good insight into these upcoming sets.....was it @Buzzetta?

Anyway.....saw this and thought it was appropriate for the thread.

LEGO releasing Atari 2600 video game console set

The Atari 2600 is back – as a LEGO set. 

LEGO announced last week that it will be releasing a recreation of the popular video game console on Aug. 1 for $239.99.  The LEGO Atari 2600 set is based on the four-switch revision of the Atari 2600, which was released in 1980, three years after the original console was released in 1977, according to a press release from LEGO. 

Customers who buy the new LEGO set will be able to build their own Atari 2600 game console with features including a controller with a joystick that is supposed to feel just like the original, the release said.  When it’s built, the LEGO Atari 2600 opens in the front to show a pop-up scene from a 1980s gaming room, according to the release.  The set also includes brick versions of three iconic video game cartridges: Asteroids, Adventure and Centipede, the release said.

The set has 2,532 pieces and is recommended for people who are 18 or older. When it’s built, the LEGO Atari 2600 is over 3 inches high, 13 inches wide and 8.5 inches deep, according to the product description.  LEGO is releasing the new set in honor of Atari's 50th anniversary, according to the release.  

The LEGO Atari 2600 was designed by Chris McVeigh, a lifelong Atari fan, the release said.  "The Atari 2600 was one of the most memorable gifts I got as a kid," McVeigh said in a statement. "I recall spending hours and hours in front of the TV, absolutely amazed that I could play arcade games in my own home."  

"This is why it has been such an incredible experience to bring two icons together, Atari and LEGO, in this awesome set," McVeigh added. "We hope that building this classic console takes you back to those halcyon days when a handful of pixels meant a world of adventure."

The LEGO Atari 2600 will be released on Aug. 1 and available for purchase on the LEGO website. 

Lego1a.jpg.b778f05550baa55dcabbd0072a898657.jpg

Lego2a.jpg.43a870d24cc63f8bbd1f2e62047d3071.jpg

Lego3a.jpg.0380d2b9995a88d11fb9f739a6461c05.jpg

The set also comes with three iconic video game cartridges: Asteroids, Adventure and Centipede. 

Lego4a.jpg.75b89c1aa5dd7077c610feb4ec31943d.jpg

Each cartridge can be stored in a case, or built into mini versions of each game.

Lego5a.jpg.085a9dad591de5f4e1eea3f2b1acdb62.jpg

The LEGO Atari 2600 even opens at the front to reveal a scene inspired by a 1980s video gaming room. 

Yup... I think you are getting more bang for your buck here with this set with the pop up panel lined basement, the overall look to the system, the cartridges that transform and the overall look, size and feel.  You even have a New Wave poster in the room along with a mock Indiana Jones poster and a boom box.   Everything about it great. 

If you get it, this is the type of set that does not go on sale.  You might as well wait for a decent gift with purchase if you order it directly from lego and / or double points which can be applied as discounts for other things.

Remember these are not comic books or artwork.  Once introduced they have a time span about them that is usually 1-2 years before they are retired so buy when it is convenient and they offer the best incentive. 

So, here’s my gaming update:

Got the Platinum trophy for Horizon Forbidden West, but I’m not playing New Game plus.  It was fun once.

Finished Stray, which was fun and unique, but I stopped short of the Platinum.

Gran Turismo 7 has turned into a grind, so I’m losing interest.  It’s the hardest one yet, but looks great…as expected.

Tried Warframe for free…not an online gamer, so I stopped.  I prefer solo play.

There’s a three to four month gap before another PS5 game is available that I want to play…three actually.  God of War Ragnarok, Skull and Bones (Ubisoft pirate game), and A Plague Tale: Requiem.  I have to wait until October/November to get them…can’t afford the pre-orders right now.  I may have to switch over to Steam gaming on my computer soon to fill in the gap. lol

Decided to take a break from Fallout 4. Reached the branching faction quests, but undecided which one to side with, as there’s some degree of grey and compromise required regardless of whichever you choose.

So, just started God of War.  Looks stunning on PS5 with the silky-smooth 60fps Enhanced Performance patch. 

In contrast, before that I tried Yakuza 3 Remastered for PS4 and couldn’t even start it, as the vertical panning during gameplay is vertigo-inducing. 

Two games, night-and-day difference.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 7/29/2022 at 6:42 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Decided to take a break from Fallout 4. Reached the branching faction quests, but undecided which one to side with, as there’s some degree of grey and compromise required regardless of whichever you choose.

So, just started God of War.  Looks stunning on PS5 with the silky-smooth 60fps Enhanced Performance patch. 

In contrast, before that I tried Yakuza 3 Remastered for PS4 and couldn’t even start it, as the vertical panning during gameplay is vertigo-inducing. 

Two games, night-and-day difference.

The branching options on Fallout 4 are interesting, much like they were in New Vegas. I did the Railroad ending first, as I considered that the "right" ending. Then I went back to my save and did the Minutemen, and then Brotherhood of Steel. Once I'd finished those endings, I went back to that original Railrod save point and did the DLC. Each ending offers different perks, and they're all pretty fun. Morally I cannot align myself with BoS, but they do have some pretty neat weapons and gizmos, so it's fun to give them a try.