• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

740 posts in this topic

I'm many hours into Cyberpunk.  Once again, the devs made an absolutely humongous world to explore with an infinite amount of small touches.  Overall very enjoyable, but there are weird glitches from time to time in the gameplay, story triggering and visuals.  Still recommended. 

Just picked up Demon's Souls PS5 for a good price; £19.99 from Currys, usually around £60.

Already have the PS4 Dark Souls Trilogy so, after I've finished God of War, looking forward to more Souls-style punishment.

I re-downloaded Warframe and decided to try again.  I had to Google a few things because there's a big learning curve.  It's all online...mostly.  it's been around for about 7/8 years, containing 91 trophies at present.  It's fun, fast-paced, and practically never-ending...kinda like No Man's Sky.

On 8/4/2022 at 9:03 PM, Galen130 said:

I re-downloaded Warframe and decided to try again.  I had to Google a few things because there's a big learning curve.  It's all online...mostly.  it's been around for about 7/8 years, containing 91 trophies at present.  It's fun, fast-paced, and practically never-ending...kinda like No Man's Sky.

Started fortnite  with a buddy 2 weeks. Getting much better.  

We crushed a game last night and almost took out a third of the map with 28 kills and  got the crown20220813_230232.jpg.c844b7bb1cf5f95d0b794557a6fde71c.jpg 

Not bad for a bunch of old men

On 8/5/2022 at 11:03 AM, Galen130 said:

I enjoy Warframe. I never have any idea of whats going on, but the levels themselves are fun. 

I bought a physical copy of Shredder's Revenge for Switch, to go along with my digital copy on Xbox X. I got a cool little pizza keyring with it, and an 'artbook', aka a miniscule pamphlet showing some sprite art. Not worth the cost difference, but it's nice having a physical copy. 

On 7/30/2022 at 11:30 AM, Transplant said:

I'm many hours into Cyberpunk.  Once again, the devs made an absolutely humongous world to explore with an infinite amount of small touches.  Overall very enjoyable, but there are weird glitches from time to time in the gameplay, story triggering and visuals.  Still recommended. 

Absolutely.  I loved it.   Esp Panam and the Jeffersons side mission.  

10 years ago Transformers:Fall Of Cybertron was released, today! A great game that still holds up beautifully, of you've got it on PC or the r̶e̶m̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ up scales versions they released for PS 4 and Xbox One. 

So there's one to revisit soon, a great game from a full decade ago now. 

On 8/22/2022 at 11:05 AM, Cat said:

10 years ago Transformers:Fall Of Cybertron was released, today! A great game that still holds up beautifully, of you've got it on PC or the r̶e̶m̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ up scales versions they released for PS 4 and Xbox One. 

So there's one to revisit soon, a great game from a full decade ago now. 

I fondly remember these games. At the time I was surprised by how good they were, because games hadn't exactly been kind to the TF franchise. I sold my 360 version some time ago, is the version you mentioned for the XB-one digital only, I assume?  I'd consider playing these again.

I haven't played much of anything for a while, except slowly working on RDR2. I picked that up around Black Friday, along with a bunch of other cheap games, including The Avengers, which I got or $15. I know that people seemed to really hate the game when it came out, I think largely due to so much paid content. I put it in my stack, and hadn't even thought about it again until last week. Finally fired it up, and while I'm not sure it's a great game, I'd say I'm definitely getting my $15 worth! not much to it so far, but it's pretty fun to fling my shield as Cap, hurl Mjolnir as Thor, etc. Plenty of good button mashing fun. Could definitely be better, but again, for the price, I'm very pleased. Once I finish it I'll likely go ahead and try the Guardians of the Galaxy game that I picked up at the same time. I've heard good things about that one.

On 8/23/2022 at 4:50 AM, F For Fake said:

I fondly remember these games. At the time I was surprised by how good they were, because games hadn't exactly been kind to the TF franchise. I sold my 360 version some time ago, is the version you mentioned for the XB-one digital only, I assume?  I'd consider playing these again.

Yeah the FOC 'remasters' was digital only, sadly. They're also long removed from the Xbox/PS Store. Same with Devastation. 

On 8/22/2022 at 5:37 PM, Cat said:

Yeah the FOC 'remasters' was digital only, sadly. They're also long removed from the Xbox/PS Store. Same with Devastation. 

Thanks for the info! I guess I’ll always be a disc guy (unsurprising, on a forum for stapled paper pamphlets!)

I DO have Devastation on disc, luckily. That one was kind of dumb, but pretty to look at

On 8/23/2022 at 7:58 AM, F For Fake said:

Thanks for the info! I guess I’ll always be a disc guy (unsurprising, on a forum for stapled paper pamphlets!)

I DO have Devastation on disc, luckily. That one was kind of dumb, but pretty to look at

I didn't mind Devastation, but it was a bit too much flash, too little substance. Looked perfect though. 

On 8/22/2022 at 3:41 PM, szav said:

Really doesn’t seem to be a ton to look forward to lately, and I kept going back to Elden ring but have basically mastered it in every way possible… it’s pretty easy to steamroll when you learn the mechanics and what the best spells and weapon arts are.

I find myself going back to game pass to look for good games of the past Ive missed…. Couldn’t make myself give Outer Wilds a real chance, was just too bored 15 minutes in.  Dead Cells was fun but even more grindy than I can take.

Suggestions?  Any games coming out in the next month or two people are excited about?

God of War Ragnarock maybe?   Ubisoft is also coming out with a pirate game, same time as GoW.

On 8/23/2022 at 11:35 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Whenever I see that I always think it’s a Star Wars droid game, until the penny drops.

Meanwhile, I have to double-check myself to make sure I spelled it correctly, during which time I could have just typed out Red Dead Redemption 2.

Just got a copy of TMNT The Cowabunga Collection on Switch. Time for some sweet vintage gaming, with 13 different turtle games. You'll know where to find me! Although truthfully i still haven't even finished Shredder's Revenge. :facepalm:

On 8/27/2022 at 10:46 PM, szav said:

Haven't had a playstation since the PS2 for some reason (keep meaning to get one and catch up on the PS exclusive games I've missed over the last decade)...but its all X box and PC games for me.  I did finally decide to try God of War PC (released January of this year) and a few hours in, wow.  Really an amazing game... feel like I could be stuck on it for a while.  Cool enough storyline and dialogue that my wife is watching as I play which is just heavenly.

That could be enough to convince me to try the title. Have a PS5 and never played the games. Been looking for something new. 

On 8/29/2022 at 5:15 PM, Transplant said:

That could be enough to convince me to try the title. Have a PS5 and never played the games. Been looking for something new. 

You are missing out. I am playing through it again right now on the PS5.

Sequel is coming out soon. Jump on it.