• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

740 posts in this topic

On 8/28/2022 at 4:46 AM, szav said:

Haven't had a playstation since the PS2 for some reason (keep meaning to get one and catch up on the PS exclusive games I've missed over the last decade)...but its all X box and PC games for me.  I did finally decide to try God of War PC (released January of this year) and a few hours in, wow.  Really an amazing game... feel like I could be stuck on it for a while.  Cool enough storyline and dialogue that my wife is watching as I play which is just heavenly.

Just finished it on PS 5, with the console-optimised update which makes it run at a smooth 60 fps and looks stunning for a PS 4 era game.

Finished it twice, including New Game Plus, only on Normal difficulty.  I didn’t finish the Valkyries or get the Niflheim Armour,  becoming very bored farming for mist echoes, and being quite weak with time limit gameplay anyhow.

Great game and story.

Just started Demon Souls PS 5 today, which looks fantastic. Didn’t find the melee combat too bad, once you got into the routine of block / counter attack / roll back on melee, although I’m using the Royalty build as I always like the flexibility of a battlemage character, and some ranged ability. Managed, after a number of attempts, to figure out how to make it through to survive and save just before the boss battle for the Boletaria Castle section.  So, that should be interesting next time. 

I did get the Niflheim Mist Armor in God of War, but found the upgrade process a bit too tedious.

Instead, in New Game Plus there's some jokily-named armor which resembles metal fish scales, called the Cod of War Armor set.  Fully upgraded to level 9 it's very powerful, and, having a sense of humour, the name appealed to me.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 8/29/2022 at 8:29 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Just started Demon Souls PS 5 today, which looks fantastic. Didn’t find the melee combat too bad, once you got into the routine of block / counter attack / roll back on melee, although I’m using the Royalty build as I always like the flexibility of a battlemage character, and some ranged ability. Managed, after a number of attempts, to figure out how to make it through to survive and save just before the boss battle for the Boletaria Castle section.  So, that should be interesting next time. 

Loved this game on PS3, don't have a PS5 to play the remastered version. 

On 8/30/2022 at 3:00 PM, Diamonddave said:

Loved this game on PS3, don't have a PS5 to play the remastered version. 

The problem with the earlier console versions was frame rate.  The PS5 version runs very smoothly. Many PS3 era games still look great, though.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 8/30/2022 at 9:04 AM, Ken Aldred said:

The problem with the earlier console versions was frame rate.  The PS5 version runs very smoothly. Many PS3 era games still look great, though.

Frame rate was....something else. Swamp of Sorrow especially, still a fun game and the Black/White World tendency was unique and made subsequent playthroughs worth it.

Check out the link below.  This is a game I mentioned earlier by Ubisoft.  Every since playing Pirates! on the Sega Genesis back in the 90's (I have it on Steam now), I've continued looking for a pirate-related game that was as fun as that old game.  Assassin's Creed Black Flag was pretty good with the whole ocean adventuring and 'pirating'.  I enjoyed that aspect of the game.

This game comes out around the same time as the new God of War.  Skull and Bones is on my PS5 wish list.  I'll be digging more into the game before release to make sure it's something I will enjoy.  Check it out!!!

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/skull-and-bones

I might just subscribe to PS+.  That will let me play some God of War title plus Oddworld (haven't played that in many. many years).  Might give it a whirl vs buying new discs.  I enjoyed GamePass at one time. 

On 9/6/2022 at 9:31 PM, WolverineX said:

CYBERPUNK 2077 DLC !  JOHNNY and V are back!

I'm doing yet another playthrough right now, but this, is wayyyyy too little too late

Just don't care. They should have left the game open ended or had the DLC ready before release 

On 9/7/2022 at 4:53 AM, The Meta said:

I'm doing yet another playthrough right now, but this, is wayyyyy too little too late

Just don't care. They should have left the game open ended or had the DLC ready before release 

Dang man,  you have played the game like 3 times now....

I'm playing a ton of fortnite now...6 crown royales recently!! But will gladly head back to night city when this drops. 

Did you get the new edge runner update?

On 9/7/2022 at 5:05 AM, WolverineX said:

Dang man,  you have played the game like 3 times now....

I'm playing a ton of fortnite now...6 crown royales recently!! But will gladly head back to night city when this drops. 

Did you get the new edge runner update?

Dunno what you mean

On 9/7/2022 at 1:51 PM, WolverineX said:

Let me know if I should quit fortnite 

Don't quit

From what I've seen so far, its purely cosmetic

You can change your appearance at a ripperdoc instead of at home, the chain sword is no big deal. Haven't seen any other guns yet

I think there was 1 extra gig, but I've only done all of watson so far

I'd much rather they fix things, like when you are carrying a body and pick up a weapon, it goes in your current weapon slot and not into your inventory 

Oh, and you can play video games, which is super annoying when you are behind someone playing and you want to grab them, you WILL end up playing the game instead. Why would they use the same button? Also looting bodies near is just as annoying 

I've got 5 trophies left, blowing up a grenade mid air with a revolver, killing to people with one sniper bullet and a couple others I can't remember, then this game will be shelved for probably years

On 9/9/2022 at 4:49 PM, The Meta said:

Don't quit

From what I've seen so far, its purely cosmetic

You can change your appearance at a ripperdoc instead of at home, the chain sword is no big deal. Haven't seen any other guns yet

I think there was 1 extra gig, but I've only done all of watson so far

I'd much rather they fix things, like when you are carrying a body and pick up a weapon, it goes in your current weapon slot and not into your inventory 

Oh, and you can play video games, which is super annoying when you are behind someone playing and you want to grab them, you WILL end up playing the game instead. Why would they use the same button? Also looting bodies near is just as annoying 

I've got 5 trophies left, blowing up a grenade mid air with a revolver, killing to people with one sniper bullet and a couple others I can't remember, then this game will be shelved for probably years

Dang okay.  I'll keep playing fortnite.  Playing it with a good friend and it's really fun.  Thanks for the updates