• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

740 posts in this topic

On 9/14/2022 at 9:17 PM, The Meta said:

And WTF is grading ps4 games?

Many felt the same way about modern comics (which I still don't deal with). lol

But people were definitely asking for WATA to grade more modern stuff (PS3 and original Xbox all the way up to the current consoles)....which they finally added to the mix.

Now that WATA is grading modern games, they did take the additional step of breaking each level of grading into a Retro tier, as well as a less expsive Modern tier.  Their new larger facility in California has also enabled them to eliminate their backlog, and their turnaround times are now running pretty much as stated.  They also added (and have been updating) a population report.

Here is WATA's current pricing and turnaround time for sealed games:

Turbo service (90 business day turnaround):  $60 for Retro games and $40 for Modern games.

Speed-Run service (45 business day turnaround):  $85 for Retro games and $70 for Modern games.

Warp-Zone service (18 business day turnaround):  $210 for Retro games and $195 for Modern games.

Edited by Domo Arigato

GoldenEye is making its return to home consoles with a release on XBOX (Game Pass only for individual, Rare Replay owners get it free of charge/with future purchase of said collection. So far no details on whether you can purchase the game by its lonesome.:pullhair::pullhair::pullhair:) and Nintendo Switch.

On 9/14/2022 at 10:56 PM, szav said:

Not into graded video games, but I’d say they look nice and sharper than the Wata holders.

The offset label is a bit odd at first but makes sense if you want to see the box top and the rest of it unobstructed.

CGC has simply homogenized their labels, which I think makes sense. Why have different labels for cards or video games if you're just 1 brand?

Note to self, upcoming games to buy:

• NHL 23 (Ugh)
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II
  • God of War: Ragnarok (Still need to play the 4th one.)

On 9/14/2022 at 9:00 PM, Domo Arigato said:

CGC has revealed the cases for their upcoming video game grading service.

They're receiving very mixed reviews on Facebook.

game1.thumb.jpg.65713641b93864caeb5ec7e249be6765.jpg

A member on Facebook named Joseph Ross was called out for spamming various CGC comic as well as video game collector groups.  He's made identical posts in a number of groups about how "CGC Video Games got this right".

It wasn't apparent, but when people checked out his profile, they noticed he started a position in June as a grader with CGC Video Games. :facepalm:

Edited by Domo Arigato

Just pre-ordered Skull and Bones by Ubisoft. (thumbsu

Nope, I’ll be cancelling this pre-order.  Glad I read a full preview of this game…live service only, no campaign mode or single player.  Not my kind of game.  At least Warframe does have a main story and side quests along with the live service stuff…(thumbsu

Edited by Galen130

On 9/17/2022 at 2:00 PM, Galen130 said:

Just pre-ordered Skull and Bones by Ubisoft. (thumbsu

Nope, I’ll be cancelling this pre-order.  Glad I read a full preview of this game…live service only, no campaign mode or single player.  Not my kind of game.  At least Warframe does have a main story and side quests along with the live service stuff…(thumbsu

I wish I understood Warframe. I enjoy it, but have no idea what I'm doing. 

I bought a PS5 last week.

I wanted a certain package because I wanted to give my PS4 with Sony headphones to my daughter, so she can take it back to Uni with her. So I needed another new pair of headphones accordingly for me.

The deal I went for was:

PS5 (800+Gb)

Horizon West inc although I haven't  bothered yet to download the code.

2 controllers (1 purple)

Sony Pulse Headphones.

The Last of Us Pt.1 (New rebuilt PS5 version)

Total. £755

Not cheap but the best deal I could get for my requirements, and it's an awesome piece of kit.

I bought it at GAME.

On 9/17/2022 at 2:31 PM, GG © ® ™---Paul said:

I bought a PS5 last week.

I wanted a certain package because I wanted to give my PS4 with Sony headphones to my daughter, so she can take it back to Uni with her. So I needed another new pair of headphones accordingly for me.

The deal I went for was:

PS5 (800+Gb)

Horizon West inc although I haven't  bothered yet to download the code.

2 controllers (1 purple)

Sony Pulse Headphones.

The Last of Us Pt.1 (New rebuilt PS5 version)

Total. £755

Not cheap but the best deal I could get for my requirements, and it's an awesome piece of kit.

I bought it at GAME.

I was lucky in that the Currys’ bundle I got was just a disc version PS 5 plus a controller, which is fine, without having to buy games at full price as well. I did buy a second controller on top, which any gamer knows is a necessity. The basic set-up.

There was a bundle with Demon’s Souls PS 5 but charging £60 for it, whereas I got it a month or so ago when Currys had it on sale for £20.  Brilliant game, I might add.

On 9/17/2022 at 5:32 PM, Ken Aldred said:

I was lucky in that the Currys’ bundle I got was just a disc version PS 5 plus a controller, which is fine, without having to buy games at full price as well. I did buy a second controller on top, which any gamer knows is a necessity. The basic set-up.

There was a bundle with Demon’s Souls PS 5 but charging £60 for it, whereas I got it a month or so ago when Currys had it on sale for £20.  Brilliant game, I might add.

Mine was hard copy. Digital would have been much cheaper.

The actual Horizon game was a digital download . TLou was hard copy. No way I prefer downloads over hard copy.

Not interested in the horizon game as yet. I may download the code.

Anyone any thoughts? 

On 9/17/2022 at 10:45 AM, GG © ® ™---Paul said:

Mine was hard copy. Digital would have been much cheaper.

The actual Horizon game was a digital download . TLou was hard copy. No way I prefer downloads over hard copy.

Not interested in the horizon game as yet. I may download the code.

Anyone any thoughts? 

Have no interest in those games, but wondering what you think of the headphones

On 9/17/2022 at 5:45 PM, GG © ® ™---Paul said:

Mine was hard copy. Digital would have been much cheaper

As soon as you buy either it’s expensive.