• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early Archie prices

576 posts in this topic

I can see how $5k for an Archie #1 cgc 1.0 can seem high however at the same time if an Amazing Fantasy #15 cgc 1.0 can bring $3k then an Archie #1 cgc 1.0 for $5k does not seem too crazy. I am not trying to take anything away from Amazing Fantasy #15 because it is a very important and great comic just using it as an example.

It really does seem like the demand for Archie comics is on the rise, I hope it continues because it`s about time Archie starts receiving the recognition that he deserves!

$5K is not a lot when you consider that a 3.0 fetches $20K plus ( 3 x 1.0 is 3.0, right?).

:shy:

I am familiar with a 3.5 going for $20k but not the 3.0 going for $20k. Where did the 3.0 sale take place?

I may have mistaken the 3.5 for a 3.0. If i did, it was a mistake.

I was cleaning the garage today and found a box of Heritage catalogs. Within the box was a Metropolis catalog from 2005.

Inside it I found:

Pep #22 Fine, unrestored - $12,000

Archie #1 VG, unrestored - $6,000

Jackpot #4 CGC VF, $6,000

I don't know what I was thinking in not buying those. That would have been $24,000 well spent. doh!

Wow! The CGC 4.5 MP Pep 24 in the Comiclink auction went for $1100 :o

I tell you not much surprises me anymore when it comes to Archie especially after that Comiclink auction where the Super Comics #nn went for what it did and to top it off being restored.

Archie's second appearance is Pep 23. Jackpot 4 and Pep 24 came out right around the same time, so third appearance is up for grabs. Shield did an arrival date survey on this subject and I think this is pretty solid data.

Nothing suprises me more than the strength of Archie. If you asked me ten years ago, I would have said that Archie would have fallen by the wayside along with westerns, romance, etc.

Not only has he held his own, he's probably the strongest non-hero character by far. It's almost Archie-mania here on the Boards!

Archie's second appearance is Pep 23. Jackpot 4 and Pep 24 came out right around the same time, so third appearance is up for grabs. Shield did an arrival date survey on this subject and I think this is pretty solid data.

Here's a LINK to that thread

Here's a LINK to that thread

Thanks for sharing that link, contains great information!