• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early Archie prices

576 posts in this topic

The Pep 22 on Heritage is currently at $30k, $35.5 with BP. I thought it would go for a pretty strong price but I wasn't expecting that.

It'll be interesting to see the final bid.

I sold a 2.0 at sdcc last year for 20K doh!

The 2.0 that you sold I am assuming it was an ungraded copy? If so was it also unrestored?

Looks like that was as high as it was going to go. Still a very strong bid for a book that was selling for $8K a few years ago.

The Archie 2 was pretty amazing as well at $31K.

On a side note, Jackpot 4 is skyrocketing (at least mine is--I've been getting ever increasing offers through Heritage over the past couple of months. Currently $4500 for my CGC 5.5). Sadly, I need a lot more than that to let it go.

As you know Jackpot #4 is a very undervalued book and some of the people that don`t know this yet are finally beginning to realize it`s importance! If you don`t mind me asking how much would it take for you to sell it?

Wow! The $31k for the #2 was a shocker. I was thinking of bidding on it when it was at about one-forth of that... :roflmao:

I had a similar experience. I was very close to putting a bid on it when it first opened but then the ping pong match started and I could only watch in amazement.

I thought the Pep 22 might see one last bump up based on this result but it was still a strong price. Little Archie #1 sold at an insane $5,078.

Looks like that was as high as it was going to go. Still a very strong bid for a book that was selling for $8K a few years ago.

On a side note, Jackpot 4 is skyrocketing (at least mine is--I've been getting ever increasing offers through Heritage over the past couple of months. Currently $4500 for my CGC 5.5). Sadly, I need a lot more than that to let it go.

As you know Jackpot #4 is a very undervalued book and some of the people that don`t know this yet are finally beginning to realize it`s importance! If you don`t mind me asking how much would it take for you to sell it?

$50k oughta do it lol

Wow! The $31k for the #2 was a shocker. I was thinking of bidding on it when it was at about one-forth of that... :roflmao:

I had a similar experience. I was very close to putting a bid on it when it first opened but then the ping pong match started and I could only watch in amazement.

I thought the Pep 22 might see one last bump up based on this result but it was still a strong price. Little Archie #1 sold at an insane $5,078.

Absolutely no clue what happened there...

Wow, I checked the HA website and someone really does want your #4. It seems you can expect a $5,000 bid at some point in the near future? Not sure I understand the $2,317 offers when you had already turned down higher amounts.

+1

Although Jackpot 4 is definitely the ugly sister of the Archie triumvirate, it is also definitely the most undervalued of the 3 sitting at only $9K in guide as compared to the $70K which the other 2 is sitting at.

Jackpot 4 should be worth more than Archie 2 in my opinion and based upon the results of this auction, I would say the market value of a CGC graded 5.5 copy of this book should be touching somewhere in the $10K range or at least close to it. hm

$50k oughta do it lol

Yea I`d have a hard time parting with that book also!

Absolutely no clue what happened there...

The Pep #22 Cgc 2.0 going for 35k was a very strong price. I had figured between 25k and 30K with it possibly going closer to 30k. 35k goes to show how strong the demand is for this book. I was trying to figure out how many other comics in 2.0 grade would bring 35k, not really too many that I can think of.

It'll be interesting, that's for sure. I'm still in the running for 2 of the Sparkle City Single digit Archies, but been priced out of my comfort zone on the other three.

Good luck with the Archie 1 :)

Well...I thought the Archie 1 went a bit lower than I expected, although it was in line with recent sales. The Archie 3, I thought might do better than it did given the recent Archie 2 sale on Heritage. And the other 3 (4, 5 and 7)--of course the ones I was bidding on--went way higher than I had expected. No upgrades for me :(

That's about exactly what I was thinking. Went for a little lower than expected. But I can tell you the OO family is overall very happy.

He said, "Well I paid 10 cents, I did preaty good. That's swell."

He said he liked listening to it on the radio.

That's about exactly what I was thinking. Went for a little lower than expected. But I can tell you the OO family is overall very happy.

As well they should be. If you found the book even a couple of years ago, it wouldn't have broken $10K!

As well they should be. If you found the book even a couple of years ago, it wouldn't have broken $10K!

Oh yea, It was a very lucky find. Single digit Archies don't come by easy. I wouldn't believe some of the more wild aspects if I didn't take pictures.