• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early Archie prices

576 posts in this topic

I see an ARCHIE COMICS #15 listed on the current Heritage

Auction site...what does anyone think the final price will be?

mm

I would guess somewhere in the $200 to $225 range?

Typically an under guide book, so I think that sounds like the right ballpark.

Looks like that was as high as it was going to go. Still a very strong bid for a book that was selling for $8K a few years ago.

The Archie 2 was pretty amazing as well at $31K.

On a side note, Jackpot 4 is skyrocketing (at least mine is--I've been getting ever increasing offers through Heritage over the past couple of months. Currently $4500 for my CGC 5.5). Sadly, I need a lot more than that to let it go.

Up to $4800 :whee:

Looks like that was as high as it was going to go. Still a very strong bid for a book that was selling for $8K a few years ago.

On a side note, Jackpot 4 is skyrocketing (at least mine is--I've been getting ever increasing offers through Heritage over the past couple of months. Currently $4500 for my CGC 5.5). Sadly, I need a lot more than that to let it go.

I'd gladly give you $5k but I'm sure that book's not going anywhere anytime soon.

I wish that I had won the Lloyd Jacquet bound volume for Jackpot that was auctioned a few years back. I can't remember how many issues were in the volume but it had #4.

I'd gladly give you $5k but I'm sure that book's not going anywhere anytime soon.

I wish that I had won the Lloyd Jacquet bound volume for Jackpot that was auctioned a few years back. I can't remember how many issues were in the volume but it had #4.

Oh, lucky me.........I've got the Chicago copy of Jackpot Comics!!! :whee:

Oh, woe is me........it's that good for toilet paper only, Issue #8. doh!

What do you think a Cgc 5.5 would go for at auction?

Here's our chance to find out current market on a slabbed Jackpot 4

LINK

Thank you for posting the link, I was unaware of the auction.

$6650. Up from $2004 in 2006. I was definitely interested but can't quite spend that much money.

I wonder how much more it would have sold for with decent PQ?

In my opinion it would have ended 15 to 20 percent higher if it were to have ended this evening instead of this morning. Usually evening auctions end of having better results then early morning auctions.