• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early Archie prices

576 posts in this topic

Pep 24 CGC 2.5 $635 on eBay. Pretty impressive numbers for early Peps recently.

Link

It's getting to the point where there may no longer be "affordable" low-grade copies.

There's a lower grade BIN copy that keeps getting relisted with a progressively higher BIN price.

Other copy

I wanted it but ultimately held off to save for something I have my eye on coming up in a couple of months. Also, tape is one of my biggest peeves. Very tempting though.

I wanted it but ultimately held off to save for something I have my eye on coming up in a couple of months. Also, tape is one of my biggest peeves. Very tempting though.

I actually won that Pep #24 and I have to say I was more than happy to win it for $635!

I would have easily paid over $1k for it. Myself and another collector/seller thought it was going to end somewhere in the neighborhood of $1500. The Pep #24 that is on ebay now I would purchase it in a second if it were graded. All early Pep`s containing Archie for the most part are not too easy to find but Pep #24 in my opinion is one of the more difficult copies to locate.

I actually won that Pep #24 and I have to say I was more than happy to win it for $635!

I would have easily paid over $1k for it. Myself and another collector/seller thought it was going to end somewhere in the neighborhood of $1500. The Pep #24 that is on ebay now I would purchase it in a second if it were graded. All early Pep`s containing Archie for the most part are not too easy to find but Pep #24 in my opinion is one of the more difficult copies to locate.

Nice buy! Yeah, it went cheaper than I expected. And they are very tough to find.

Nice buy! Yeah, it went cheaper than I expected. And they are very tough to find.

Thank you! I`m very happy with the purchase!

Bought my current copy 6 years ago for $300. Heritage graded it VG. CGC said 6.0 :whee:

Thanks to you, I bought your under copy. At today's prices I don't think I'd want to attempt to buy an upgrade.

Of course, 10 years from now when the $5,000 copy is selling for $15,000, I'll be mad for not buying more.

A story outside of collecting but thought it would still be interesting to the Archie fans.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/15/nyregion/the-battle-for-a-comic-empire-that-archie-built.html

Thanks for posting. The controversy is sad and I don't pay much attention to it but this article provided some interesting nuggets. For example, if I read it right, it seems Jon G bought 25% of the company for $2.5M? That seems like an extremely low price.

As for Pep 41, I was in the hunt for a while but could not keep pace for this issue.