• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early Archie prices

576 posts in this topic

This Pep 41 went for $4,866 yesterday on Comicconnect.

Pep 41

It's hard to believe that 8 to 10 years ago, a copy in this condition might have gone for $500 to $1,000 at most.

That is quite impressive! My guess was that it would end around $2500 to $3000.

It is really hard to tell with the early Peps!

That Archie #3 in CGC 5.0 on Ebay just fetched $2751. Not bad!

I was watching it towards the end. It had several jumps in the last 30 seconds or so.

The upward price pressure for early Archie seems to be continuing

The next batch they previewed are very impressive based on this post. .

I don't think I'll be upgrading any more early Archies.. My current copies are going to have to suffice.

Archie price increases seem even more out of control these days. What is up with Little Archie #1 on HA? Current price (with BP) is just over 5K and there are 4 higher graded copies.

I don't think I'll be upgrading any more early Archies.. My current copies are going to have to suffice.

Archie price increases seem even more out of control these days. What is up with Little Archie #1 on HA? Current price (with BP) is just over 5K and there are 4 higher graded copies.

Maybe someone has it confused with Archie 1? Seriously, there's absolutely no way it's worth a tenth of that--I have no idea who would bid it that high.

Many years ago, a friend found in his attic several coverless/incomplete/remnants of golden age comics, and asked me to sell them for him. I knew just the guy to buy them, so I said sure. I went thru the pages meticulously. Any super-hero I saw got sorted and identified and placed in the "good" pile. All the kid stuff and funny animals went into the "cheap" pile.

You're way ahead of me, aren't you?

I got a fair price for the good pile. I, and my friend, were so happy that I let go of the cheap pile, well...cheap. Cheap even for remnants and loose pages. My buyer was happy, too.

He later told me that I sold him quite a few pages of the Archie story from Pep #22.

Serves me right for being so cape-centric.

Archie was on my radar after that, but all I have to show for it is a Jughead #1 I found a few months later. Early Archie stuff is elusive 'round these parts.

Maybe someone has it confused with Archie 1? Seriously, there's absolutely no way it's worth a tenth of that--I have no idea who would bid it that high.

Of all the insupportable reasons, that makes the most sense I suppose. I think a 6.5 copy sold last year for 1,600. Hard to understand how people can be so careless with that kind of money.

The Pep 22 on Heritage is currently at $30k, $35.5 with BP. I thought it would go for a pretty strong price but I wasn't expecting that.

It'll be interesting to see the final bid.

Looks like that was as high as it was going to go. Still a very strong bid for a book that was selling for $8K a few years ago.

The Archie 2 was pretty amazing as well at $31K.

On a side note, Jackpot 4 is skyrocketing (at least mine is--I've been getting ever increasing offers through Heritage over the past couple of months. Currently $4500 for my CGC 5.5). Sadly, I need a lot more than that to let it go.

The Pep 22 on Heritage is currently at $30k, $35.5 with BP. I thought it would go for a pretty strong price but I wasn't expecting that.

It'll be interesting to see the final bid.

I sold a 2.0 at sdcc last year for 20K doh!