• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
9 9

2,635 posts in this topic

I have a 5 card standard submission that got put to QC/finalized 2 weeks ago, and grading/QC a week ago. I called CGC on monday and they charged my account, so there shouldn't be any problem with accounting anymore. Any ideas on when these will be shipped?

On 9/23/2021 at 3:47 PM, Againh3x said:

I have a 5 card standard submission that got put to QC/finalized 2 weeks ago, and grading/QC a week ago. I called CGC on monday and they charged my account, so there shouldn't be any problem with accounting anymore. Any ideas on when these will be shipped?

Mine took 6 days

On 8/3/2021 at 12:25 PM, ZNDavis said:

Economy

Received 3/25/21

Scheduled for grading 6/??/21

Grading / Encapsulation / Imaging 8/2/21

I didn’t note the exact day, but this has been on grading/QC for a couple of weeks. Have a seller credit on eBay that expires on 10/1, about to watch it evaporate. Thanks CGC!

On 9/23/2021 at 12:47 PM, drewwebs said:

Economy received 2/12 here.  Posted this several times before, but they went into Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging in June, and they're still there.  My bulk was received the same day, entered Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging the same day, and came back to me in early August.

I've called customer service 5 times, DM'd Paul... everybody I speak to says they "email the team and see what's going on".  I'm sure that's all they can do, and I appreciate it (thanks @PaulS.), but it's beyond the point of absurdity now.  The TAT was 60 working days when I submitted my order, and it's now been more than 150.  Not only did my bulk come back more than a full month ago, but people are getting their bulk orders from May back, and Economy from even after that.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm almost at my wits end here.  I paid extra for economy because those were my favorite 7 cards.  I would have never expected to get worse service for paying more.  Anyways, rant over I guess.

I'm in the same boat. Same received date. I've sent multiple emails and made multiple calls. This makes zero sense. Customer service is not even replying to my emails anymore.

I paid in full when I made my submission. They are holding my cards and money hostage. I cannot understand how a company can operate like this. It's crazy to think that if my raw cards had just been sent back to me with a refund, I could have resubmitted them and they would probably fly through in the same amount of time I've been waiting.

I cannot understand how these big bulk and econ orders that were submitted months after mine are back to their owners. Nobody from CGC will explain this or even offer an apology. In fact the tone in their emails is irritation at even asking for an explanation. Once/if I ever get my cards back I will not be patronizing their business again.

They could have turned this around by admitting fault and explaining what is going on, but instead they chose to keep quiet and basically blame the customers that are giving them business. It's a shame. I just want my cards back.

@PaulS. I know you're doing everything you can,  but can you add me to the list to check on my Feb sub that has been in g/e/i for over 3 months now.. I'd appreciate it as customer service is no longer responding to me.

Edited by Jim Buckley
Grammar

On 9/22/2021 at 8:30 PM, MTGNostalgia said:

My Bulk order:

Received: 3/31/2021

Just entered Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging today..

Estimated wait time: Anyones guess..

Your about 3 weeks behind me and mine has been Grading/ QC for about a week, and it took about a month to move from GEI. My guess is your still about 6-8 weeks out, but who knows, sometimes things move faster

On 9/23/2021 at 12:47 PM, PaulS. said:

I am very sorry about that. You should definitely contact FedEx.

Paul

Was looking at my receipt from CGC to see what the shipping cost was so that I can open a claim against FedEx and noticed that CGC charged me $10 per sub-graded card. When I submitted the price was $4.50 per card as stated on my invoices from 7 months ago. I was wondering why my bill seemed higher than expected. I guarantee CGC is overcharging a lot of customers this way. People pay close attention to your bill. I would have never figured it out if I didn't go to look at my shipping cost. I can't imagine how much additional revenue they are making from this. They are probably laughing at us with each passing day.

On 9/23/2021 at 6:44 PM, Ron Churches said:

My 3/17 bulk submission went to shipped today. The grades are rough, but the cards are at least on the way!

On 9/23/2021 at 5:06 PM, mattisgoku said:

My 3/26 bulk sub of 130 cards went into Grading/Quality Control an hour ago!! WOOOOO!!

@PaulS. with all due respect, this is not FIFO (with my measly 59 card bulk sub received 3/15..). Would it be possible to @ another employee that could potentially shed some light? If the tone of my messages comes off as anything other than a plea I apologize in advance.

On 9/23/2021 at 5:11 PM, joe_signs said:

Was looking at my receipt from CGC to see what the shipping cost was so that I can open a claim against FedEx and noticed that CGC charged me $10 per sub-graded card. When I submitted the price was $4.50 per card as stated on my invoices from 7 months ago. I was wondering why my bill seemed higher than expected. I guarantee CGC is overcharging a lot of customers this way. People pay close attention to your bill. I would have never figured it out if I didn't go to look at my shipping cost. I can't imagine how much additional revenue they are making from this. They are probably laughing at us with each passing day.

When I spoke on the phone to Accounting, it sounds like they have to manually go into each order with the old subgrade price and change each line to the correct price before billing, which it seems like got skipped on yours. Just give them a call, tell them your order number, and they should fix it pretty quick.

On 9/23/2021 at 8:40 PM, Allcoin said:

When I spoke on the phone to Accounting, it sounds like they have to manually go into each order with the old subgrade price and change each line to the correct price before billing, which it seems like got skipped on yours. Just give them a call, tell them your order number, and they should fix it pretty quick.

I have no doubts they will correct it. I am going to call them. I do not understand the lack of technology in their billing. The system is rigged to change past invoices to the current more expensive price. To me that is not ethical. They have to know that a good percentage of their customers are not going to notice it. In my business, I can pull up a customers past invoices and see what they paid 2, 10 or even 20 years ago. It does not automatically update their past bills to the current market rates. So, why does CGC's billing system do that? I am uber confused on this one. Change a price, change the invoices to the new price, manually correct the higher price to the lower price on each invoice, hope we see and fix every overcharged invoice, if we don't who cares most wont notice. That's what I'm getting here.

• Administrator
On 9/23/2021 at 6:09 PM, Jim Buckley said:

I'm in the same boat. Same received date. I've sent multiple emails and made multiple calls. This makes zero sense. Customer service is not even replying to my emails anymore.

I paid in full when I made my submission. They are holding my cards and money hostage. I cannot understand how a company can operate like this. It's crazy to think that if my raw cards had just been sent back to me with a refund, I could have resubmitted them and they would probably fly through in the same amount of time I've been waiting.

I cannot understand how these big bulk and econ orders that were submitted months after mine are back to their owners. Nobody from CGC will explain this or even offer an apology. In fact the tone in their emails is irritation at even asking for an explanation. Once/if I ever get my cards back I will not be patronizing their business again.

They could have turned this around by admitting fault and explaining what is going on, but instead they chose to keep quiet and basically blame the customers that are giving them business. It's a shame. I just want my cards back.

@PaulS. I know you're doing everything you can,  but can you add me to the list to check on my Feb sub that has been in g/e/i for over 3 months now.. I'd appreciate it as customer service is no longer responding to me.

It looks like it is in slab, I pinged them on it to get it moving. 

• Administrator
On 9/23/2021 at 8:11 PM, joe_signs said:

You can call in or email and they will correct it for you. This all stems back to the pricing changes and the package backlog (which after many many worked weekends is now 0.) Mistakes do happen, but we will rectify them quickly for you if you reach out. 

Paul

On 9/24/2021 at 8:52 AM, jjgloster said:

My standard sub is in Grading/Quality Control. When looking at the status explanations, there is no Grading/Quality Control status shown. I assume it's between G/E/I & Quality Control/Finalized?

image.thumb.png.aa7c3a036b7ec16a4d53810863c70064.png

My subs always goes from QC/Finalized to Grading/QC then to ship.... idk what any of it means either....

• Administrator

On 9/23/2021 at 10:29 PM, iSniipe said:

@PaulS. with all due respect, this is not FIFO (with my measly 59 card bulk sub received 3/15..). Would it be possible to @ another employee that could potentially shed some light? If the tone of my messages comes off as anything other than a plea I apologize in advance.

No other employee will be able to shed any additional light. We operate on a FIFO basis, but with tens of thousands of submissions in house, there are bound to be outliers that finish more quickly or take longer than average.

Paul

It sucks Paul S is getting the brunt of the complaints, but there's just nobody else to turn too. 

I paid for my sub over the phone, and was TOLD that my sub would ship out 9/17 (a week from when I paid). It is now 9/24 and my cards haven't even been graded. Again, I don't mind that TaT's take long, but why give a date when you know its absolute bs?

I recorded the conversation with him for my own records. Just think upper management at CGC should tell their employees to not give any dates so we don't get our hopes up. Some of us do this as a business; and by giving us false dates it costs us money.