• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
8 8

2,628 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 9/28/2021 at 10:13 AM, drewwebs said:

I'm thinking the same.  RIP my childhood memories, I guess.  @PaulS. please let me know if you have any further details

I am still looking into it. I am guessing they were probably just placed on the wrong cart at some point. They will be located. 

Paul

This is for the people (like me) that has to send slabs back to be fixed due to CGC errors.

Shipped to CGC: 8/9

Received: 8/31/21
Items: 1
Declared Value: 100
Service: TCG - MECHANICAL ERROR
Shipped: 9/28/21
Edited by HomeGrownPoke1

On 9/28/2021 at 1:41 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

This is for the people (like me) that has to send slabs back to be fixed due to CGC errors.

did you have to pay for anything?

On 9/28/2021 at 10:54 AM, Ecordle92 said:

this new update takes me 10 mins per card. when it was 2 sec. wtf did u guys do. SOOOOOOO BAAADDDDDD

I just did a test submission of 10 cards, and it took me less then 10 minutes total, I am not sure what you are doing but this is really smooth for me.

On 9/15/2021 at 4:32 PM, Allcoin said:

I haven't seen an update on bulk in a while, but mine just moved over to this status today

received 3/4/21
TCG - BULK
Quality Control/Finalized - as of 9-15

Well it took 2 weeks after hitting this point, but my cards just moved to shipped, Some low grades, but I will just be excited to have them back in hand to start trying to move them.

On 9/28/2021 at 12:41 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

Same boat, except mine was received 8/19/21 and still in "grading/quality control". 

My 10-card economy order, received 3/25/21, has been in "grading/quality control" for almost a month now as well.

Wondering if I'm in the accounting error camp and need to call and give them the credit card number that they already have on file. This whole experience has been unbelievable.

@PaulS. I just got an email stating my sub is in the slab room. This is the same thing customer service has been saying for 4 months now. 

4 months in the slab room? Something is not right here. Is there nobody that can go to the "slab room" and put eyes on our submissions? I've requested this several times now through customer service. 

@drewwebs I'm going to explore what legal options I have. I think my cards are gone as well. People submitted bulk orders when my sub went to g/e/i, and they already have their cards back. I think something went wrong with our subs. Either they got lost or mixed up once they made it to the slab room. I bet they're in an unmarked box and CGC has no clue whose cards they are. I'll happily eat crow, and I would love to be proved wrong.

@drewwebslooks like if our subs are lost CGC gets to set the value of our submissions. This is like a bad twilight zone episode. I was really anxious sending my cards to be graded. I now wholeheartedly regret it.

From CGC's Terms of Use:

"In the event that a Company determines that a collectible is damaged due to negligence or lost while in a Company’s possession, Customer’s sole remedy will be compensation based upon the Company’s good faith determination of the fair market value of the collectible, in light of what the Company believes to be reliable current market information. The amount of the compensation will not necessarily be based upon, but in no event will exceed, Customer’s stated declared value of the collectible set forth in the Submission Form."

On 9/29/2021 at 3:55 AM, Jim Buckley said:

@PaulS. I just got an email stating my sub is in the slab room. This is the same thing customer service has been saying for 4 months now. 

4 months in the slab room? Something is not right here. Is there nobody that can go to the "slab room" and put eyes on our submissions? I've requested this several times now through customer service. 

@drewwebs I'm going to explore what legal options I have. I think my cards are gone as well. People submitted bulk orders when my sub went to g/e/i, and they already have their cards back. I think something went wrong with our subs. Either they got lost or mixed up once they made it to the slab room. I bet they're in an unmarked box and CGC has no clue whose cards they are. I'll happily eat crow, and I would love to be proved wrong.

I’m sorry to hear that Jim. When was your submission ‘received’? Wondering how many of us are in the February  pot (Bulk feb 16 here, quality control for months).

• Administrator
On 9/28/2021 at 9:55 PM, Jim Buckley said:

I emailed them again regarding your submission. They should be able to track it down and get it done for you.

Thank you,

Paul 

On 9/28/2021 at 4:51 PM, Allcoin said:

Well it took 2 weeks after hitting this point, but my cards just moved to shipped, Some low grades, but I will just be excited to have them back in hand to start trying to move them.

did yours move to grading / quality after quality control/ finalized? my March bulk did this yesterday 

On 9/29/2021 at 9:09 AM, T Linton said:

did yours move to grading / quality after quality control/ finalized? my March bulk did this yesterday 

I don't think so. I don't think mine went to quality control/finalized, it just went to shipped (or maybe it hit that status for a short time that I didn't see).