• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
8 8

2,628 posts in this topic

On 9/28/2021 at 6:55 PM, Jim Buckley said:

@PaulS. I just got an email stating my sub is in the slab room. This is the same thing customer service has been saying for 4 months now. 

4 months in the slab room? Something is not right here. Is there nobody that can go to the "slab room" and put eyes on our submissions? I've requested this several times now through customer service. 

@drewwebs I'm going to explore what legal options I have. I think my cards are gone as well. People submitted bulk orders when my sub went to g/e/i, and they already have their cards back. I think something went wrong with our subs. Either they got lost or mixed up once they made it to the slab room. I bet they're in an unmarked box and CGC has no clue whose cards they are. I'll happily eat crow, and I would love to be proved wrong.

That sucks so bad, I sent 181 wotc cards from the past two decades of collecting . After seeing so many problems and with the increased time, I was just like you being extremely anxious to send my cards. I sent my submission on 5/3 and they logged my cards wrong on the submission list and is completely different from my packing slip, I have been sweating bullets, at this point and only getting single barebones emails back from customer like once a week I would would rather have my cards shipped back. I would be so devastated if anything happened to pretty much most of my collection of cards. I feel for you 100%

On 9/28/2021 at 10:04 PM, BigD702 said:

Delivered to CGC 06/07/21

Entered: 8/19/21

Items: 3

Declared Value: 400
Service: TCG - ECONOMY
Shipped: 9/28/21

I don't have any economy submissions, personally. But the fact that there are still dozens of people waiting on economy submissions from MONTHS before this one is the most baffling thing. unreal.

On 9/29/2021 at 11:39 AM, Joshua Park said:

My status just moved to grading/encapsulation/imaging today! When do they charge my card? Is it at QC?

Mine was 3ish weeks after g/e/i and ultimately about a week before it went to QC. It seems to vary, I would presume, based on volume they are processing.

On 9/29/2021 at 4:52 AM, MikkelLJ said:

I’m sorry to hear that Jim. When was your submission ‘received’? Wondering how many of us are in the February  pot (Bulk feb 16 here, quality control for months).

My sub was received Feb 12th. It went to gei sometime in June. I can't remember the date of initial gei, but I do have emails back from then checking on status. This process has been a nightmare.

On 9/29/2021 at 9:17 AM, Jim Buckley said:

My sub was received Feb 12th. It went to gei sometime in June. I can't remember the date of initial gei, but I do have emails back from then checking on status. This process has been a nightmare.

Same exact dates here

On 9/29/2021 at 6:09 AM, T Linton said:

did yours move to grading / quality after quality control/ finalized? my March bulk did this yesterday 

Mine did that, and I had to call customer service, make sure to do this during business hours just to make sure your order is still on track!

On 9/29/2021 at 1:48 PM, smeeeeee said:

BULK - RECEVIED 3/23

SHIPPED today 9/29 - but no link for tracking this time. i always choose Fedex signature but no link on the shipment 

Received same day, went from G/E/I to grading / quality control couple days ago

Well, the status' are a bit of a mess rn.

I have 5 orders live - Standard/Econ delivered 12 August, Standard/Econ delivered 19 August and a Bulk from 29 April.

Both of my Standard orders have been sitting in Grading/QC for 5 weeks. My 12 August Economy went to Grading/QC to Quality Control/Finalized for 3 days then moved back to Grading/QC. All 4 of my Standard/Econs are now at Grading/QC. 

I am in a discord with people who are submitting very regularly and I know that there are people with several subs that were delivered around the same date as mines, that had their subs sit in Grading/QC for 1-2 days (moved to that status the same day as mines) meanwhile my ones have been sitting for 4/5 weeks respectively on the Standards.

I have no idea what CGC are doing right now and I have emailed to query but no response. 

On 9/30/2021 at 3:15 AM, Joshua M said:

Well, the status' are a bit of a mess rn.

I have 5 orders live - Standard/Econ delivered 12 August, Standard/Econ delivered 19 August and a Bulk from 29 April.

Both of my Standard orders have been sitting in Grading/QC for 5 weeks. My 12 August Economy went to Grading/QC to Quality Control/Finalized for 3 days then moved back to Grading/QC. All 4 of my Standard/Econs are now at Grading/QC. 

I am in a discord with people who are submitting very regularly and I know that there are people with several subs that were delivered around the same date as mines, that had their subs sit in Grading/QC for 1-2 days (moved to that status the same day as mines) meanwhile my ones have been sitting for 4/5 weeks respectively on the Standards.

I have no idea what CGC are doing right now and I have emailed to query but no response. 

Have they taken payment for the submissions? If not you might have a "accounting issue" for whatever reason. I've delt with it twice so far

On 9/30/2021 at 8:58 AM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

Have they taken payment for the submissions? If not you might have a "accounting issue" for whatever reason. I've delt with it twice so far

Not yet but its the same card thats been used for about 6 submissions this year and no issues.

Ive emailed them to see whats going on. 

On 9/30/2021 at 5:04 AM, Joshua M said:

Not yet but its the same card thats been used for about 6 submissions this year and no issues.

Ive emailed them to see whats going on. 

Sounds about right. I'll put money on it that it's an issue and the email will ask you to call them and select accounting. They will take payment and it will ship in like 5-7 business days.

I have no idea why they wouldn't call or send a email out when this "accounting issue" thing happens to people... 

Good luck

On 9/30/2021 at 5:50 AM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

Sounds about right. I'll put money on it that it's an issue and the email will ask you to call them and select accounting. They will take payment and it will ship in like 5-7 business days.

I have no idea why they wouldn't call or send a email out when this "accounting issue" thing happens to people... 

Good luck

Yes. They've created a system where the customer needs to follow up if things go even a moment beyond 'normal'. Their billing system is able to send email for the invoices. I have no idea why their system wouldn't have the ability to, at minimum, send emails on card declines or billing issues. It would benefit them! It's probably happening all over, as they've been holding high dollar transactions for months that people had to plan around financially. Their accounts receivable department should be begging for some level of automation to make their numbers look better. Almost makes you think they just don't care about it? It's cash flow! Focus!

On 9/30/2021 at 10:50 AM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

Good luck

Just got a response and it was indeed an accounting issue. 

In one sense I cant really complain (Economy orders from 12 August and 19 August are now complete and ready to ship - same turnaround time as Standard) but on the other hand their turnaround being excessively quicker than advertised (30 working days instead of 155) has really significantly messed with my cash flow. It also begs the question right now - whats the point in Standard when Economy is taking the same length of time. 

• Administrator
On 9/30/2021 at 8:55 AM, Ron Churches said:

Yes. They've created a system where the customer needs to follow up if things go even a moment beyond 'normal'. Their billing system is able to send email for the invoices. I have no idea why their system wouldn't have the ability to, at minimum, send emails on card declines or billing issues. It would benefit them! It's probably happening all over, as they've been holding high dollar transactions for months that people had to plan around financially. Their accounts receivable department should be begging for some level of automation to make their numbers look better. Almost makes you think they just don't care about it? It's cash flow! Focus!

This issue is currently one of the top priorities for the programming team. They are working on it. 

Paul

Bulk
Delivered: March 9th, 2021

Received: March 31, 2021

Scheduled for Grading: July 8th, 2021

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging: September 22, 2021

Quality Control/Finalized: September 30, 2021

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging: October 5, 2021 

Quality Control/Finalized: ?

Shipped: ?

Edited by MTGNostalgia

On 9/29/2021 at 11:39 AM, Joshua Park said:

My status just moved to grading/encapsulation/imaging today! When do they charge my card? Is it at QC?

If there is no "accounting" issue, they always charge mine at the Grading/QC stage if they didn't when it goes into G/E/I. It seems like they're moving the charging phase to G/E/I but its kind of inconsistent now because of the random accounting issues people keep getting