• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
8 8

2,626 posts in this topic

On 9/30/2021 at 12:26 PM, MTGNostalgia said:

Bulk
Delivered: March 9th, 2021

Received: March 31, 2021

Scheduled for Grading: July 8th, 2021

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging: September 22, 2021

Quality Control/Finalized: September 30, 2021

Shipped: ?

SOON!!! Happy your cards are almost home. Best of luck on grades

On 9/30/2021 at 12:28 PM, kreativemente said:

SOON!!! Happy your cards are almost home. Best of luck on grades

This makes me feel a little better about my bulk submission. It was received 06/09 so it is inching closer and closer. Seems like they have been moving quite a bit more cards than during the "flood"

Standard Service 6 cards w/subgrades

Shipped to CGC : 8/26/21

Scheduled for Grading : 9/1/21

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging : 9/29/21

Just prepaid the order over the phone right now so I don't get an accounting hold

EDIT : My cards just got moved to Quality Control/Finalized!! 

Edited by Joshua Park

On 9/28/2021 at 7:10 PM, ZNDavis said:

My 10-card economy order, received 3/25/21, has been in "grading/quality control" for almost a month now as well.

Wondering if I'm in the accounting error camp and need to call and give them the credit card number that they already have on file. This whole experience has been unbelievable.

Confirmed they were waiting to process payment (reason unclear?) before they could get this one moving.

Credit card was already on file, correct number, everything.

What a cluster.

On 9/29/2021 at 8:09 AM, iSniipe said:

I don't have any economy submissions, personally. But the fact that there are still dozens of people waiting on economy submissions from MONTHS before this one is the most baffling thing. unreal.

Yeah I was not expecting this order to process til late November or early December.

My brother's economy order was received on 05/11/21 and shipped back to him on 09/21/21.

Something weird is happening with processing.

On 9/30/2021 at 6:00 PM, BigD702 said:

Yeah I was not expecting this order to process til late November or early December.

My brother's economy order was received on 05/11/21 and shipped back to him on 09/21/21.

Something weird is happening with processing.

only thing I could think of logically is the priority of the economy orders for those that got hit with the price increase. pretty much if I were CGC, "what would it look like if we INCREASED the prices and made these people wait so long (like the february march submitters)?"

On 9/30/2021 at 9:05 PM, iSniipe said:

only thing I could think of logically is the priority of the economy orders for those that got hit with the price increase. pretty much if I were CGC, "what would it look like if we INCREASED the prices and made these people wait so long (like the february march submitters)?"

I do not think their internal processes are good enough to be intentional with such a thing. I think they created a couple of different work streams to try and combat a moving bottleneck and the result was there were some workstreams that somehow really got set aside, probably erroneously. Maybe the two location thing, maybe not, but the trends are apparent. 

Wow, Lorraine in customer service is amazing. She tracked my 2/12 sub down and was able to give me a rundown. 

Received: 2/12

Opened: 2/15

Graded: 6/30

Slabbed: 9/30

QC: 10/1

Shipped: sometime in the next week

She said all this info is available to cs personnel. I don't know why over the last 3 months nobody else at CGC would tell me this. All I was told was that my sub was in the slab room. She also said it should not have taken this long. If anyone had relayed this info to me our interactions would have been less contentious. When your cards sit in gei for 4 months with no explanation or communication it is frustrating to say the least. The best news is my cards are finally getting shipped. 

Anyone else stuck in gei I suggest calling and ask to speak to Lorraine.

On 10/1/2021 at 12:41 PM, Jim Buckley said:

Wow, Lorraine in customer service is amazing. She tracked my 2/12 sub down and was able to give me a rundown. 

Received: 2/12

Opened: 2/15

Graded: 6/30

Slabbed: 9/30

QC: 10/1

Shipped: sometime in the next week

She said all this info is available to cs personnel. I don't know why over the last 3 months nobody else at CGC would tell me this. All I was told was that my sub was in the slab room. She also said it should not have taken this long. If anyone had relayed this info to me our interactions would have been less contentious. When your cards sit in gei for 4 months with no explanation or communication it is frustrating to say the least. The best news is my cards are finally getting shipped. 

Anyone else stuck in gei I suggest calling and ask to speak to Lorraine.

Thats why I've mentioned to others to call at different times/different days of the week if they don't get the response they want/should be getting. Some people have been EXTERMELY helpful over the phone for my orders; and others have not been/have flat out lied to me. Its unfortunate but happens =/

UPDATE 

Delivered - 2/26

Received - 3/15

SFG - 7/9

GEI - 9/1

Grading/QC - 9/28

Shipped - 9/30: 7-card no subs

“Shipped” - 10/1: 52-card w/ subs

Safe to assume they’ll be shipped out next week as there’s no tracking yet (on top of previous subs being marked as shipped before they’re actually physically shipped). Anyone know why tf things always get shipped out towards the end of the week? Also, hopefully the economy orders received before my bulk get compensated for their troubles.

TAT - 31 weeks (and counting)

On 10/1/2021 at 1:12 PM, iSniipe said:

UPDATE 

Delivered - 2/26

Received - 3/15

SFG - 7/9

GEI - 9/1

Grading/QC - 9/28

Shipped - 9/30: 7-card no subs

“Shipped” - 10/1: 52-card w/ subs

Safe to assume they’ll be shipped out next week as there’s no tracking yet (on top of previous subs being marked as shipped before they’re actually physically shipped). Anyone know why tf things always get shipped out towards the end of the week? Also, hopefully the economy orders received before my bulk get compensated for their troubles.

TAT - 31 weeks (and counting)

If it says shipped on the status page then they shipped. I've had 2 subs in the last month ship with no link. I received a email the night of them shipping with the tracking number.

On 9/30/2021 at 12:26 PM, MTGNostalgia said:

Bulk
Delivered: March 9th, 2021

Received: March 31, 2021

Scheduled for Grading: July 8th, 2021

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging: September 22, 2021

Quality Control/Finalized: September 30, 2021

Shipped: ?

You definitely lucked out on the received date. Mine was delivered on april 1, but wasn't received into the system until june 16. Almost 3 months to received.

On 10/1/2021 at 9:22 PM, Hadoken86 said:

You definitely lucked out on the received date. Mine was delivered on april 1, but wasn't received into the system until june 16. Almost 3 months to received.

They Probably had a express submission with it is why it got opened so fast....

On 10/1/2021 at 7:50 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

They Probably had a express submission with it is why it got opened so fast....

I did indeed have a standard order with this bulk order.

That being said, the two weeks before I sent it.. they were opening orders within about a week.. I happened to notice there seemed to be a glut of orders received the two weeks before mine because of how long it took to get opened compared to the weeks previous.

I'm really curious to see how long it will take for my cards to progress to shipped now that they are in QC/Finalized -- not sure what to expect with bulk order speed.

Edited by MTGNostalgia