• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
8 8

2,610 posts in this topic

My orders have usually been pretty fast but lately it seems like CGC has slowed down or something, I have an order with a grading an an encapsulation. The graded card has already arrived back to me but two cards getting the reholder have been sitting in Grading/Quality control for close to a week now, has to be the longest I've waited for an order and wondering why its stuck on this step. I also have a few more orders I sent in, I noticed the one I sent previously was delivered but not showing up in the submission tracking yet and another package I sent maybe the week after the one I just mentioned is showing as received in the tracking submission tool ahead of the previous order. Something a little wonky is going on and just seems like they hit some sort of slow down recently or something compared to how fast they have been in the past.

On 8/23/2023 at 10:39 AM, NuM_Brrr_WoN said:

My orders have usually been pretty fast but lately it seems like CGC has slowed down or something, I have an order with a grading an an encapsulation. The graded card has already arrived back to me but two cards getting the reholder have been sitting in Grading/Quality control for close to a week now, has to be the longest I've waited for an order and wondering why its stuck on this step. I also have a few more orders I sent in, I noticed the one I sent previously was delivered but not showing up in the submission tracking yet and another package I sent maybe the week after the one I just mentioned is showing as received in the tracking submission tool ahead of the previous order. Something a little wonky is going on and just seems like they hit some sort of slow down recently or something compared to how fast they have been in the past.

There has been an uptick in submissions since the new label announcement. They posted that in July they received over 200k cards.

It's been nice that CGC had been beating their posted turnaround times by weeks but now it seems they are a little more true to their estimate, which is fine.

On 8/23/2023 at 9:57 AM, Macavagn said:

TCG Express update

3 cards

Delivered Tuesday 8/15

Received Thursday 8/17

Scheduled for Grading & Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging either Thursday 8/17 or Friday 8/17

Quality Control/Finalized Friday 8/17 and still in this stage as of today Wednesday 8/23

Will update once they are shipped!

Status is now shipped as of 8/23! 5 business days from received to shipped, exactly what is showing for current turn around for express service!

3 Submissions

Economy Grading, Reholder, High-Value Reholder

Delivered 8/18

Economy Grading and TCG Reholder - Received 8/23

High-Value Reholder - Received 8/23

High-Value Reholder - Scheduled for Grading 8/23

Economy Grading - Scheduled for Grading 8/28

TCG Reholder - Grading/Quality Control 8/29

High-Value Reholder - Grading/Quality Control 8/29

TCG Reholder - Shipped 9/6

High-Value Reholder - Shipped 9/6

Edited by ThaBeeBear

Economy submission delivered 8/9, received 8/10, moved to grading 8/28. Hopefully will ship 9/5.

Bulk submission delivered 8/17, marked as received 8/22, has not been checked in or scheduled for grading.

The best part about CGC was the turnaround times. I wish we would've been sent an email or something saying short turnaround times are being discontinued.

I'm very new to all of this, as a matter of fact, it's my first time sending cards to get graded.

Sent 30 cards : Sept 5 2023
Received (with signature) at CGC : Sept 8 2023 at 10:29am

I am wondering how long it takes to get from ''received'' to the ''submission'' section? Anyone knows?

Just curious because it's my first time and it's very expensive from Canada and I hope that everything is ok. hehe

On 9/13/2023 at 8:57 AM, BigM_819 said:

I'm very new to all of this, as a matter of fact, it's my first time sending cards to get graded.

Sent 30 cards : Sept 5 2023
Received (with signature) at CGC : Sept 8 2023 at 10:29am

I am wondering how long it takes to get from ''received'' to the ''submission'' section? Anyone knows?

Just curious because it's my first time and it's very expensive from Canada and I hope that everything is ok. hehe

The time between CGC receiving the submission and marking it as received in the submission tracker has taken 4 or 5 days for my last two submissions, if thats what you are asking.

They just doubled turnaround times for economy. So Bulk and Economy are now 40 days each. On another note, it is quite frankly unbelievable that they are now saying that their more expensive grading tier has the same turnaround time as Bulk.

After all that, my economy submission was just marked as shipped on the 22nd weekday. But I neglected to realize there was the hurricane and a holiday in there, so it really was 20 working days. Kudos to CGC. What didn't inspire confidence was the website glitch that has everyone's orders stuck in "Scheduled for grading". In reality, my submission was being worked on and it was returned to me in the advertised timeframe. But this glitch made me feel like that wasn't the case. Hopefully you guys get that sorted out soon, but ultimately very happy and impressed with the turnaround.

On 9/15/2023 at 12:50 PM, critt said:

Today marks the 20th business day after my economy submission was received and it is still in scheduled for grading.

Same for me. It was accepted on September 13 and today, September 29, it's still with the ''scheduled for grading'' status. It's starting to be long.

On 9/19/2023 at 6:16 PM, critt said:

After all that, my economy submission was just marked as shipped on the 22nd weekday. But I neglected to realize there was the hurricane and a holiday in there, so it really was 20 working days. Kudos to CGC. What didn't inspire confidence was the website glitch that has everyone's orders stuck in "Scheduled for grading". In reality, my submission was being worked on and it was returned to me in the advertised timeframe. But this glitch made me feel like that wasn't the case. Hopefully you guys get that sorted out soon, but ultimately very happy and impressed with the turnaround.

Ohhh really !?!? So maybe my cards are being worked on right now but the system is not telling me? I will let you know soon'ish I guess.

On 10/6/2023 at 11:45 AM, TheCollector2016 said:

If it makes you feel any better, I've also had a submission still marked as "Received" for over 2 weeks.

Ive had one now in Received since the 13th so almost 4 full weeks.. and its 200 cards and they took the money out already for it of course.. thats my biggest gripe about it.. if you are going to take the money out right away you gotta be able to fire out those orders... 

ok... economy is now at 45 days estimated turnaround time. So more than two months to get your cards back. We are approaching PSA numbers here. Is this still a good value proposition? I'm not sure.

Edited by critt

On 9/2/2023 at 1:20 AM, Poké-Oh! TCG said:

Economy submission delivered 8/9, received 8/10, moved to grading 8/28. Hopefully will ship 9/5.

Bulk submission delivered 8/17, marked as received 8/22, has not been checked in or scheduled for grading.

The best part about CGC was the turnaround times. I wish we would've been sent an email or something saying short turnaround times are being discontinued.

Turn around times aren't something to be discontinued, they just have to adjust based on volume.

On 10/12/2023 at 10:04 AM, Miijangu said:

Turn around times aren't something to be discontinued, they just have to adjust based on volume.

Not necessarily. If a company drastically increases revenue while drastically increasing grading volume (what we are seeing now), they could grow their operations to mitigate the increase in turnaround time to try and keep it around the low number that their customers enjoyed. If they do not do that, then it would be quite reasonable to say that they have "discontinued" those lower turnaround times.