• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
8 8

2,628 posts in this topic

Order 1 (economy)
Cards received: 9/21
Scheduled for grading: 11/1 (almost 6 weeks)
Grading / Encapsulation / Imaging: 11/6
Quality Control / Finalized: 11/7
Shipped: 11/9 
Note: Actual card grades and images did not show up until it was marked as shipped. I was able to preview them
all before they arrived.

Order 2 (bulk)
Cards received: 10/3
Scheduled for grading: 11/2 (a little over 4 weeks)
Grading / Encapsulation / Imaging: 11/7
Quality Control / Finalized: 11/10
Shipped: 11/15
Note: I cannot preview the card grades and images. The card titles aren't even properly listed.

On 11/13/2023 at 1:05 PM, Miijangu said:

Economy: 12 Cards

Cards are a mix of vintange/modern Pokemon and Lorcana, first time grading them.

Received: 10/19
Scheduled for Grading: 11/8
Grading / Encapsulation / Imaging: 11/13
QA / Finalized: 11/13

Shipped: 11/16

Very surprised by some of the grades, also 3 of my cards have botched pictures.

Whole back of the card didn't get pictured: https://www.cgccards.com/certlookup/1401011340009/
A hand blocking the back of this card: https://www.cgccards.com/certlookup/1401011340003/
Hands all over the place: https://www.cgccards.com/certlookup/1401011340004/

On 11/16/2023 at 11:08 PM, ImmaculateSports said:

Does anyone know why the turnaround times go from 25 to 45 for economy now back to 25 but yet many people's orders are not done? LOL make up your mind.

Im guessing because they don't process submissions in the order they were received. This means everyone's turnaround time is essentially random, and there is no point in anyone tracking turnaround times in this thread.

On 11/16/2023 at 11:47 PM, critt said:

Im guessing because they don't process submissions in the order they were received. This means everyone's turnaround time is essentially random, and there is no point in anyone tracking turnaround times in this thread.

from my understanding it has to do with the types of cards sent.

CGC has modern graders, and they have vintage graders. (yes, some can grade both but i'm assuming there are more modern graders than vintage)

there are also graders that are more specialized in different TCGs, sports, etc.

Some graders are more backed up than others. High value cards probably get looked at by more graders.

a lot of variations here.

there is a point in tracking turnaround times, but maybe we should specify what exactly is in our subs.

my 3 card economy has been in GEI a little over a week now. i see some subs fly in and out of GEI. i'm assuming mine is taking a bit longer because i have a 2004 animal crossing card, and there are 0 pop. other 2 cards are vintage japanese pokemon and vintage yugioh.

On 11/17/2023 at 1:02 AM, qlow said:

from my understanding it has to do with the types of cards sent.

CGC has modern graders, and they have vintage graders. (yes, some can grade both but i'm assuming there are more modern graders than vintage)

there are also graders that are more specialized in different TCGs, sports, etc.

Some graders are more backed up than others. High value cards probably get looked at by more graders.

a lot of variations here.

there is a point in tracking turnaround times, but maybe we should specify what exactly is in our subs.

my 3 card economy has been in GEI a little over a week now. i see some subs fly in and out of GEI. i'm assuming mine is taking a bit longer because i have a 2004 animal crossing card, and there are 0 pop. other 2 cards are vintage japanese pokemon and vintage yugioh.

source?

For Those who are still wanting to keep track of their cards.

Bulk Submission Received on 10/18/23 (25)

Scheduled for Grading 11/16/23 

As of now, still Scheduled for Grading. - Sitting on 40 days, but Holidays and weekends would make this time shorter. 

On 11/27/2023 at 1:36 PM, Superelmo said:

As of now, still Scheduled for Grading. - Sitting on 40 days, but Holidays and weekends would make this time shorter. 

Same for me mine was received a day after yours and still sitting in scheduled for grading 

Two economy orders stuck in the final stage has been brutal:

1 card - Economy

1. Economy Submission Received on 10/16/23
  2. quality control/finalized 11/20/23

2 cards - Economy 

1. Submission Received on 10/23/23
  2. quality control/finalized 11/20/23

not sure the hold up in this final stage.

Edited by CodyP367

Just went to quality control/Finalized - i'll update more if it goes. this will be the 41 days since being received. 

On 11/28/2023 at 2:11 PM, Superelmo said:

Just went to quality control/Finalized - i'll update more if it goes. this will be the 41 days since being received. 

Dang hoping mine follows suit with yours soon because it’s like the same timeline

On 11/28/2023 at 9:44 AM, cyclonus11 said:

I had two economy orders (5 cards each) go to Quality Control / Finalized on 11/20 and are still in that stage today, 11/28.

One of them went to shipped today (the more recent one). Hopefully the other one tomorrow?

image.thumb.png.57c245ddaf7cdd9de3c180b62e0240b7.png