• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

They're Still Out There!
22 22

2,906 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, buttock said:

Pillow talk from Matt. 

If I wasn't already married, I'd grab you in an instant for comedy gold like this.  I assume you're not being literal though?

3 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

If I wasn't already married, I'd grab you in an instant for comedy gold like this.  I assume you're not being literal though?

I'm not and my boo, although she liked you, likes me more.  

ahh I sleuthed for no good reason, saw a glance in the first two minutes and started digging.  

Is there a Bats 1 9.2 somewhere in that podcast as well?  Then I'd feel even more foolish...

Edited by Dr. Love

1 hour ago, jimbo_7071 said:

With the offers to date, you never know. The seller could be making an offer on his own book to try to influence people's perceptions of the value.

No, he's not.  And it's not my book.

5 minutes ago, Peter G said:

How does everybody here know so much about other people's business. Its like Peyton Place on these boards.

feature, not bug!  

Edited by Dr. Love

9 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

Has there always been a blue 8.5 Tec27 on the census?

Based on Rob Larsen's site, I don't think so.  Could be the Mile High or the SF copy (those would fit Buttock's description). Could be other copies that are known or rumored to exist.

Edited by sfcityduck

3 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

Based on Rob Larsen's site, I don't think so.  Could be the Mile High copy (that would fit Buttock's description). Could be other copies that are known or rumored to exist.

If the cover crease the Church copy had could be pressed out, then yes an 8.5 for sure. 

And the 2nd 8.0 Superman #1, is that recent?

Ha has the "promise collection" video chat online just by going to the auction. After viewing the video 2 times here are a few observations. 1- with 300 books per month which is their estimate over 18 months that would put the promise collection at about 5400 books. 2- Probably close to 4000 of them will be the highest graded or tied. 3-some of the books apparently have "rat chews" and those along with some Famous Funnies will be in the weekly auctions. Ed talked about getting the best return and the average cost of those graded books would of been $60 on a $200 book and felt that the buyer should bear the cost of grading to get that pedigree label.4- I really liked the fact that there are 200-300 Timelys- Wow , as for GA when you have large collections, Timelys are rare, in fact they always have been,  especially the late 1946-1949 ones.

The video confirmed my estimation that this will go down in history as the "greatest OO GA comic book collection find in the year 2000 and above.

I do not think they hid the ball, but they did say they will spread out the good stuff and that they have not gone thru all the books yet. I think the best point made, is that all collectors will have access to all Promise books, dated of sale and amounts paid,  and conditions once the collection is completely sold and that is truly unique. We will have the entire collection online.

Edited by Mmehdy