• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic collectors who have had serious, hobby-related friction with a significant other, how did it resolve?
2 2

289 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

Yes. Well, you are going over to the dark side, now. That's sociopathic. Sometimes, the greatest romances spring from friendship. At the very least, you might have made a great friend. But you'll never know because you went psycho on her.

giphy-4.gif

2 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

Oh, man. You ARE a sociopath. Or a narcissist at the least. Oh wait. I'm wrong. Narcissism is tied into sociopathy. My bad.

I suspect you may be one of those men that becomes puppy dog to women.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

As ridiculous as the cure is a 12 step program that forces you to believe in God?

Doesn't sound like any disease I've heard of

Course, what I know is not much 

There IS no cure for alcoholism. It's maintenance for the rest of ones life if they choose to remain sober. AA is only one avenue. There are many treatment methods these days. The Friends Of Bill W just happened to be the first to recognize alcoholism as a disease. And they at first suggested looking to God for help but the bottom line was to find something bigger than self to look up to. Whether it was God, another person, an ideal or even a goal or several goals. Addiction - while a natural reaction to pleasure center neurons interacting with a foreign substance - is classified as a disease.

Just now, Randall Ries said:

There IS no cure for alcoholism. It's maintenance for the rest of ones life if they choose to remain sober. AA is only one avenue. There are many treatment methods these days. The Friends Of Bill W just happened to be the first to recognize alcoholism as a disease. And they at first suggested looking to God for help but the bottom line was to find something bigger than self to look up to. Whether it was God, another person, an ideal or even a goal or several goals. Addiction - while a natural reaction to pleasure center neurons interacting with a foreign substance - is classified as a disease.

Classified by whom?

3 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

I would stay away from diagnosing sociopathy and diseases if I was you.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

I suspect you may be one of those men that becomes puppy dog to women.

Suspect again. If you only knew. I haven't written anything remotely close to that. You on the other hand have revealed yourself to be a narcissist. You little quip here confirms it. Sorry if that's hard to take. Someone here mentioned you writing your memoirs referring to you as a "gentleman and a lover". You are neither, sir.

I'm stepping off this thread, though. Not going to be suspended for any further comments. This thing will get locked shortly anyway the way it's heading. Ta. See you in the funny papers.

3 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

Suspect again. If you only knew. I haven't written anything remotely close to that. You on the other hand have revealed yourself to be a narcissist. You little quip here confirms it. Sorry if that's hard to take. Someone here mentioned you writing your memoirs referring to you as a "gentleman and a lover". You are neither, sir.

I'm stepping off this thread, though. Not going to be suspended for any further comments. This thing will get locked shortly anyway the way it's heading. Ta. See you in the funny papers.

Bye Felicia.

39 minutes ago, kav said:

Basically she said "I want you as a friend-you are interesting.  But I dont want to date you"
My reply was essentially "Well I dont want you as a friend.  youre not that interesting.  I want to date you.  we're done here".

Why would you want to date someone uninteresting?

4 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Why would you want to date someone uninteresting?

Biology