• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic collectors who have had serious, hobby-related friction with a significant other, how did it resolve?
2 2

289 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, wisbyron said:

You guys are kinda harsh! I feel like I'm in a saloon or something. Kav, you need to write your memoirs as soon as humanly possible

Why should he?is one of his ex trying to kill him?

Edited by Namtak

8 minutes ago, wisbyron said:

Because I find Kav to be a fantastic character and his exploits as a gentleman and a lover must be preserved!

Well have I got a bridge you'd fall in love with.

All for the fantastic price of Tree Fiddy

10 minutes ago, wisbyron said:

Because I find Kav to be a fantastic character and his exploits as a gentleman and a lover must be preserved!

One time I met this cute girl and she was fascinated by me.  We went out and made out a bit.  Few days later she calls up and says "I just want to be friends but I dont want to date you"  I replied "Well I'm kind of looking for someone to date so I wont bother you any more".  She said "But youre really interesting to talk to!  I still want to be friends!!"  I said "What do i get out of it?"  She said "What do you mean?"  I said you get someone interesting to talk to what do I get?"  Then I said bye and hung up.  She called back but I just let the phone ring like 20 times.  Game over.

I knew I could have just been her friend and waited for her to fall in love with me-I knew quite well how to accomplish this but I wanted to punch a hole in her arrogance.

12 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Somtimes, kav, you really come across as a 🍆:devil: :foryou:

I have plenty of stories like this that would curl your hair.  I hate entitled arrogant hot chicks.  I'm the lone vigilante of these types.  :acclaim:

INTERMISSION

I just learned that sea otters are predators on alligators!  These cuddly mammals rip out the alligator's throat and eat em!!!

3 hours ago, kav said:

THIS
once an ex hottie ages they become angry vindictive shrews very interested in cutting other peopl'e sex activities and judging.  Its incredible, really.  The 2 GFs I described were 2 different ones-the curvaceous one was literally queen of the world for a long time.  Dont know what ever happened to her but she is 54 now so you do the math.  And her mom was an ex hottie who at age 55 was walkin around in miniskirts trying to convince herself she was still hot.  She wasnt.  she was hideous with a saggy scary face.  I heard someone say once "That woman looks like a freak witch!"
The other GF went to a weekend gathering of friends that I didnt like to hang around cause they drank too much and I didnt drink at all.  There she got back with her ex who she broke up with because he's a drunk.  She was super susceptible to peer pressure and all her GFs wanted her to get back with him so they could all dtink.  
She came home and broke up with me.  

I'm sorry about that. I hate the active alcoholics attitude. What a terrible disease. I'm SUPPOSED to feel bad for them, but I don't. Even when they turn around and go to AA, they are difficult to deal with. The disease will be with them forever.

I had a girlfriend who was a drunk. She could drink. She would not pass or black out. She could just drink. She would start Friday night and stay up all weekend. Drinking and smoking. A case of beer and a box of that horrible lighter fluid called "Franzia". Wine in a box? What the hell was THAT? "Ah yes. Poisonous and yet not tepid. Oh! It's the 1:45 hour! A FINE vintage." Gross. I hated the person she became. Monday and it was time to go to work. She would have to put wine in a runners bottle so she could come down slowly without getting the DT's.

She looked like young Lea Thompson when I first met her. By the time I had enough, she looked like 1977 Elvis Presley. Horrible.

We don't miss people like that. While they used us, we can use them as a lesson in what we DON'T want in our lives. Let them make someone else miserable. They will likely end up alone and sick.

After a year of that, watching it get worse and listening to her whine about how much she missed her ex-husband, she screwed up royally and I broomed her out of my house. You know: You try to be there for people when they need help. But some people don't need help. They need support to continue their diseases. Some people have said "A whole YEAR of that?" Don't get all uppity. Some people go through DECADES of that.

4 hours ago, William-James88 said:

Toys take up way more space and dont have the same dignity as vintage comics. 

You tell someone you have a comic from world war 2 era, that's pretty cool. 

You tell them you have the latest Beast Wars Megatron toy that you got from Walmart and you get a wedgee.

People like vintage. Problem is a decent amount of time and our possible death has to happen before Wal-Mart toys will become "dignified". It's a tough sell. There's nothing dignified about Wal-Mart in the first place. But everything runs in cycles. 20 years from now, the toys of today or the day before yesterday will be "retro". Then people will forget them again. Then, 60 years from now, our middle aged great grandchildren will say "Hey, man. Look what I got! A Beast Wars Megatron mint in box!" "Aw DOOOD! The rare 'WAL-MART' edition! AWE-SIIIIIMMMM!!!!!"

5 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

People like vintage. Problem is a decent amount of time and our possible death has to happen before Wal-Mart toys will become "dignified". It's a tough sell. There's nothing dignified about Wal-Mart in the first place. But everything runs in cycles. 20 years from now, the toys of today or the day before yesterday will be "retro". Then people will forget them again. Then, 60 years from now, our middle aged great grandchildren will say "Hey, man. Look what I got! A Beast Wars Megatron mint in box!" "Aw DOOOD! The rare 'WAL-MART' edition! AWE-SIIIIIMMMM!!!!!"

I dont even keep my toys mint in box :(