• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic collectors who have had serious, hobby-related friction with a significant other, how did it resolve?
2 2

289 posts in this topic

Just now, William-James88 said:

I do transform them. Afterall what's the point then to own a new transformer toy.

And your wife sees you doing that? If she doesn't understand the hobby to begin with, she might see you positioning them as "playing" with them.

When you enter a room and she's on the phone, does she suddenly stop talking? She might be getting affirmations from her girlfriends. LOL!

27 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

Ehhhh...You don't...ummmm...PLAY with them, do you? If so, I would have to side with your wife on this one. Grown men playing make-believe with toys is.....unbecoming.

Hum tough question lets summon the master of toys thread @Buzzetta come forth and avenge thy brethren!

20210212_154440.jpg.76430feadeba665a3b59bbf4e8fc2b55.jpg

41 minutes ago, William-James88 said:
4 hours ago, wisbyron said:

The girls I've dated, admittedly some of them have been pin-ups

Care to share more? Was it playboy or penthouse centerfolds?

The GF that got free car repair also was featured in Playboy-but this was after we broke up.  She was one of those rare girls that was so attractive when she entered a room it fell silent.  Men gaped and women's eyes narrowed in anger.  Several car accidents happened from gawkers if you can believe it when she was just strolling down the street.

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Think they're coming? :pullhair:

Arrrgh, waited all day, and this is after a refresh of page!

Delivered by 7pm? Still? And its 8:15 PM

They ain't coming hahaha

Screenshot_20210423-201421_Samsung Internet.jpg

Wrong thread pal....:makepoint:

1 minute ago, Namtak said:
4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Think they're coming? :pullhair:

Arrrgh, waited all day, and this is after a refresh of page!

Delivered by 7pm? Still? And its 8:15 PM

They ain't coming hahaha

Screenshot_20210423-201421_Samsung Internet.jpg

Expand  

Wrong thread pal....

tenor-5.gif.72da5c56bf0018a551a3e10c4264

But I'll add my wife yadda yadda. 

Just shootin the breeze :tonofbricks:

47 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

And your wife sees you doing that? If she doesn't understand the hobby to begin with, she might see you positioning them as "playing" with them.

When you enter a room and she's on the phone, does she suddenly stop talking? She might be getting affirmations from her girlfriends. LOL!

3 hours ago, kav said:

I knew I could have just been her friend and waited for her to fall in love with me-I knew quite well how to accomplish this but I wanted to punch a hole in her arrogance.

How was she arrogant though? She was honest and upfront with you. Maybe she just really had time to assess her feelings and thought you guys had a better dynamic as conversational partners.