• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Discussion About How CGC Label Non-US Publications Which Reprint / Reproduce Original US Comic Content
10 10

480 posts in this topic

On 5/14/2022 at 7:34 PM, Yorick said:

I thought it was pretty funny that he mentioned you.  (thumbsu

Yes. For a brief second I thought I was in for a roasting there :eek:

On 5/14/2022 at 7:34 PM, Yorick said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the Heritage auction dedicated to "foreign" comics.

Yes, it will be interesting to see how they fare.  

Heritage should go very well. I' submitted quite a few unicorns and am excited to see how it plays out. Definitely wont lose money from what I've seen foreign books go for here and there on Heritage. Should be a win/win 

On 5/15/2022 at 7:47 PM, JGeezy87 said:

Heritage should go very well. I' submitted quite a few unicorns and am excited to see how it plays out. Definitely wont lose money from what I've seen foreign books go for here and there on Heritage. Should be a win/win 

Welcome to the boards, and hope your efforts are rewarded  :cheers:

On 5/15/2022 at 4:34 AM, Yorick said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the Heritage auction dedicated to "foreign" comics.

When is that? I couldn't find it in their forward auction schedule.

On 5/16/2022 at 7:36 PM, steve566 said:

Thanks so much! Happy to show off some goodies to the world

You're welcome Steve. Nice wallpaper too :grin:

On 5/15/2022 at 8:55 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Welcome to the boards, and hope your efforts are rewarded  :cheers:

Thanks! Figured I might as well join this chat since it gets passed around in PMs lol. I've sold thousands of foreigns for prices people wpuld scoff at so I habe the outmost faith in Heritage

On 5/16/2022 at 1:58 AM, AJD said:

When is that? I couldn't find it in their forward auction schedule.

Supposed to be in August-September but that is all riding on CGC to get the over 500 books back to them in time that have been submitted for it. They probably don't have it on the auction schedule yet. I'm sure an announcement will be made by them once they hammer out a date.

On 5/16/2022 at 7:55 PM, JGeezy87 said:

Figured I might as well join this chat since it gets passed around in PMs lol.

Go on... :popcorn:

On 5/16/2022 at 3:18 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Go on... :popcorn:

Oh it's nothing bad lol mostly just about how they should be labeled reprints. The foreign community is far past that point. We call them editions and have moved passed that subject. Onwards and upwards to a better future. 

On 5/17/2022 at 3:41 PM, JGeezy87 said:

Oh it's nothing bad lol mostly just about how they should be labeled reprints. The foreign community is far past that point. We call them editions and have moved passed that subject. Onwards and upwards to a better future. 

Where do you stand on labelling international books in line with reproduced US title and issue numbers, JG?

On 5/22/2022 at 9:15 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Eight grand off, Mark!

^^

I've over extended credit, and have comic con coming.

But my sentiment exactly 💯 :x

£1495.00 is still too much. But he does say "or best offer" so I've offered him £7.99. However an unslabbed Mystic 40 sold for £300 just this week. I feel like I'm currently inhabiting some alternate universe where everything is familiar but slightly "wrong" somehow... a feeling I get especially when I visit this place. What was the print run for an individual issue of one of Len Millers comics? 10,000 seems on the generous side to me. If so after production/distribution costs he would have made far less in 1963 for every issue of Mystic 40 than a single copy sold for in May 2022?!?