• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
43 43

7,171 posts in this topic

On 7/18/2021 at 6:36 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I guess it’s silly if you see Moon Knight  #1 for what it truly is: something like his 20th appearance, right?

Crazy how high MK#1 is selling for in 9.8.  Might just sell my copy.  Once the show hits the screen, you would think prices will fall pretty hard.  who knows??

On 7/8/2021 at 12:09 PM, lou_fine said:

Sounds to me as thought the $55.1K sale on CL should really be thought of more as an outlier for now, as opposed to taking it as the norm against which other sales are to be measured against.  hm

Especially since one sale on its own does not a market make.  :preach:

I personally think that there's more shill bidding on CLink than on other venues. CLink is a small company and has no way of controlling it, so I would trust GPA data less if CLink were included.

On 7/22/2021 at 6:33 PM, BabaLament said:

Any movement on Tomb of Dracula #10 after the Marvel announcement that Blade went from a Disney+ project to a MCU film?

When was it ever a Disney+ project? When it was announced 2 years ago that Mahershala Ali was going to be blade it seemed pretty clear this wasn’t going to be a Disney+ tv series… never heard anyone talking about it as such anyways.

In its original incarnation Blade was being considered/planned for a feature-length Disney+ exclusive. From what I’ve read, the powers that be at 500 Buena Vista are uncomfortable with putting a Rated R property on Disney+, so they went to theatrical release.

Makes sense from a brand & financial perspective. Black Widow’s performance is likely a pandemic related  aberration, but the dual release format appears to have done no favor to the box office numbers. I’m sure they’ll recover some with Digital sales in a couple months, but purely from a cash standpoint, Blade doesn’t seem like something that would push new subscriber numbers enough to justify skipping box office cash  

Starting noticing the high flying IG Sellers who post "these sold this week" are posting mostly major keys, so those are still holding and climbing. I do see minor keys sit or get pulled down (assuming they did not sell) whereas in March/April they would get scooped up at whatever the asking was. 

Edited by PKJ

Asking prices are high. Books selling seem to be lower than 3/4 months ago. 

Not sure if it’s the summer/ semi return to normal effect. I know summers can be slower for sales because well people aren’t as focused on comics. We shall see if things climb back up again in fall, especially once the several Marvel movies are released.

On 7/22/2021 at 3:47 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

I personally think that there's more shill bidding on CLink than on other venues. CLink is a small company and has no way of controlling it, so I would trust GPA data less if CLink were included.

not that i trust CLink at all, but shill bidding is perfectly legal in texas, where heritage is located. if i had to pick one place that does it for sure, i know who my first choice would be. but there's no real reason they don't all do it. who's checking?

On 8/1/2021 at 11:35 PM, alexgross.com said:

not that i trust CLink at all, but shill bidding is perfectly legal in texas, where heritage is located. if i had to pick one place that does it for sure, i know who my first choice would be. but there's no real reason they don't all do it. who's checking?

You could right be about Heritage—if the shill bidding is live. Shill bidding in an online auction is wire fraud and is a federal offense, and all federal offenses are felonies.

I haven't been tracking it lately, but I used to see quite a few books show up in multiple auctions on CLink within a short span of time.

ETA: I'm not talking about shill bidding by CLink staff; I'm talking about shill bidding by consignors.

Edited by jimbo_7071

On 8/3/2021 at 10:30 AM, Wolverinex said:

Definitely.   Glad I sold a batch of stuff a few months ago.  Time to buy may be coming.  

This happens pretty much every year right before kids go back to school and the summer ends.  People don't start thinking about comics again until nearer to the end of the year.  Buy in summer and sell in winter has been a mantra for years.  With that being said - E-Bay has really slowed down over the last couple weeks and the low ballers are out in force.

On 8/3/2021 at 9:15 AM, 1Cool said:

This happens pretty much every year right before kids go back to school and the summer ends.  People don't start thinking about comics again until nearer to the end of the year.  Buy in summer and sell in winter has been a mantra for years.  With that being said - E-Bay has really slowed down over the last couple weeks and the low ballers are out in force.

My sales are fine as per usual all year round. 

Sell and buy 24/7, I dont have to wait for summer to end and winter to start.