• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "I can't believe I just sold it for that much" thread....
5 5

205 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Still not seeing your point.  No one said it's rare or a classic cover, my point is ASM CGC 9.8's can go batty sometimes and its not really shocking. 

Most people submit garbage and lose $ to CGC daily, that shocks me more!  Many submitters give CGC $500 to get back $350.

Some people submit comics worth less than the submission fees because they anticipate an increase in price. I did that with my 12 1999-2000 Marvel $2.49 and $2.29 price variants. They are worth a bit extra because they are newsstands, but those price variants may be rarer than the Star Wars #1 price variant.

49 minutes ago, paqart said:

Some people submit comics worth less than the submission fees because they anticipate an increase in price. I did that with my 12 1999-2000 Marvel $2.49 and $2.29 price variants. They are worth a bit extra because they are newsstands, but those price variants may be rarer than the Star Wars #1 price variant.

Trust me most people dont, especially with moderns.

CGC isn't backed up with mostly books that make sense in the holder.  :ohnoez:

Edited by NewWorldOrder

10 hours ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Still not seeing your point.  No one said it's rare or a classic cover, my point is ASM CGC 9.8's can go batty sometimes and its not really shocking. 

Most people submit garbage and lose $ to CGC daily, that shocks me more!  Many submitters give CGC $500 to get back $350.

No one did say it's rare, but to a buyer dropping large amounts on Spider-Man comics probably thinks it is. There is no 1st appearance, origin, death, meeting, etc. in that issue.

The Census is at ~22 at 9.8, which means someone out there wants it because it's rare, they want to complete a 9.8 run, or they think it's a 33? (shrug)

If someone out there wants it that bad let them spend 5K, 10K, 100K, I will sit back with the :popcorn: and watch.

I have to admit that I am now breathing a sigh of relief that my recent auction win is not featured in this thread...while I overpaid by a factor, at least I'm not on the board's hit list!  (yet...)

Congrats to all who buy a book in this marketplace yet who also avoid this thread.  Bravo.  :acclaim:

Dan

4 minutes ago, Drummy said:

I have to admit that I am now breathing a sigh of relief that my recent auction win is not featured in this thread...while I overpaid by a factor, at least I'm not on the board's hit list!  (yet...)

Congrats to all who buy a book in this marketplace yet who also avoid this thread.  Bravo.  :acclaim:

Dan

What book? I'll lie either way so don't feel bad

2 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

And this is truly a shocker. It ends tomorrow. Am I missing something? I know it's a cool cover and all but...

Anything subby related is going nuts lately. Plus it's a battle issue. Plus it's always been a bit tougher in grade than surrounding issues. Plus it's a great cover.

Lots more going for that book than Alf #1!

10 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Anything subby related is going nuts lately. Plus it's a battle issue. Plus it's always been a bit tougher in grade than surrounding issues. Plus it's a great cover.

Lots more going for that book than Alf #1!

No one wants Alf #1.  It doesn't have a safety seal. :gossip:

On 5/6/2021 at 5:49 AM, 1950's war comics said:

prices are crazy these days but there is a caveat ...

say you sold a book on Ebay last year worth 1000 dollars and now it has doubled in price, but this year everyone is getting a IRS 1099 form so that $2000 you would have made this year minus the 28% capitol gains is now down to $1440 minus the headache of another tax form(s)

You don't pay capital gains on the sale price, you pay it on the profit.  So, unless you got that $2000 book for free, you wouldn't pay $560 in capital gains on it.