• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Promise Collection wins!
17 17

1,535 posts in this topic

On 8/24/2023 at 4:38 AM, whomerjay said:

However, once you factor in buyer fee for original purchase, then seller fee for this sale, what is the actual net? 

Well, since the buyer's fee is already included in the original $10,500 purchase price and the 15% seller's fee somehow comes out to slighlty less than a 10% auction fee for the consignor, it looks like the seller should clear over $15K for his Promise copy of Cap 2 meaning a net profit of over $4,500 or over 43% on his original purchase price.  :applause:

Edited by lou_fine

On 8/30/2023 at 8:18 AM, whomerjay said:

My first Promise. Put in a lowball bid  and went to bed an hour before auction ended. To me the 2021 price on this was a bit bonkers. Love HG Boy Comics.

image.thumb.jpeg.3b1bba64339c082163853f65aec1c8ed.jpeg

Most of the original Promise prices were bonkers! I was watching that one last night to see where it would end up. ($705, right?) I don't know if @MasterChief is still tracking Promise re-sales; it seems like there might be too many to keep track of a this point.

The Promise grading was soft, but I'm seeing that soft grading on non-pedigree books now, too. The staple tears on the Boy 28 bugged me a bit, but they're not as bad as the ones on the non-pedigree 9.4 Tec 179 that's on Heritage right now. I cannot believe that CGC graded that book 9.4 or even 9.2. I could see 9.0 if it was perfect otherwise. (It isn't.)

staple tears.JPG

On 8/30/2023 at 7:41 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

Most of the original Promise prices were bonkers! I was watching that one last night to see where it would end up. ($705, right?) I don't know if @MasterChief is still tracking Promise re-sales; it seems like there might be too many to keep track of a this point.

The Promise grading was soft, but I'm seeing that soft grading on non-pedigree books now, too. The staple tears on the Boy 28 bugged me a bit, but they're not as bad as the ones on the non-pedigree 9.4 Tec 179 that's on Heritage right now. I cannot believe that CGC graded that book 9.4 or even 9.2. I could see 9.0 if it was perfect otherwise. (It isn't.)

staple tears.JPG

Wow! My All-Select Comics #1 got a 7.5 primarily due to staple tears like that. I need to resubmit! :flipbait::roflmao:

Just took a look at Heritage's Promise Collection retreads coming back into the marketplace and all I can is that our own @MasterChief is going to be pretty busy with updating that spreadsheet of his since there's some 70 Promise Collection books or thereabouts hitting the auction block in the next month or so:  :popcorn:

https://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?No=50&Nty=1&Ntk=SI_Titles-Desc&N=1060+793+794+791+1893+792+2088&Ntt=promise+collection&limitTo=all

On 9/3/2023 at 11:07 PM, tth2 said:

Are you trying to corner the market or something?

He traded the 9.6 to a buddy of his.