• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

September HA Auction Looking interesting
1 1

401 posts in this topic

On 8/1/2021 at 11:34 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Sure, its a recreation, but its HUGE!  Image size = 19x28

Original Comic Art:Illustrations, John Buscema Silver Surfer

Anyone who knows Buscema can correct me here, but I was under the impression that John did a few SS 1 recreations -- but every time he moved the position of the Earth. Is that right?

Whatever planet it is, it looks like Buscema has the planet in the same relative position in those 3 recreations.  But they're rendered differently.  I think @Brian Peck said ( all of ?? )Buscema's recreations feature a -script signature (commonly seen in all those prelims). 

But in an honest-to-goodness published work (e.g. the Art of John Buscema), he'll print his name in block letters with a brush.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFKbaGwBPeo/

Edited by Will_K

On 8/3/2021 at 9:41 PM, glendgold said:

I am kind of delighted that HA is identifying this cover as "Captain Princess," because that would be a pretty amazing superhero name.

Although the link is still good (and still contains "captain-princess"), the title has been updated to: Captive Princess.

On 8/4/2021 at 10:45 PM, batman_fan said:

This is an incredible auction for the kind of stuff I collect. Several of the Peanuts pieces are definitely on my watch list !

I thought you already sold your left nut earlier this year. You may be running low on body parts for your next purchase.

On 8/5/2021 at 7:45 AM, tth2 said:

Punishment bids duly locked and loaded. 

Looking at this auction makes me remember my 1st experience going to a large department store as a young kid and looking in the toy isles.  I just couldn’t focus, so much to look at, so much I want but can only get one thing.  Do I go for the GIJoe, Major Matt Mason, Aurora Model Kit, or the GIJoe helicopter?